Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 83439 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2006, 08:08:03 PM »

No more TWAT on WAAF. They can't air it anymore. Merck called in. They're only demos, the album's not finished, etc. Well it was fun while it lasted.

The fun's over ladies and gentlemen.

Maybe he just wanted to kill those bagging out the songs by stressing the final versions are not yet ready.  I honestly don't think it's far from ready. Axl wouldn't book in all these days without knowing that. He wouldn't do it a second time around without the album ready.

I think Merck's just posturing.

After all, if the album's not ready, then what the hell was in that case Axl had at the airport?  The one that he was handcuffed to.  And, yes, I think he was handcuffed because of the strategic placement of the jacket over his wrist.

Furthermore, like the guys on that metal podcast said, why would the band members be on a gag order for the next few weeks?

Ali
madagas
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »

I have a really bad feeling this "announcement" will have nothing to do with Chinese. And, yes, they apparently will go on tour without a cd. UnFUCKINGbelievable. I have to get away from this shit for awhile. Bad feeling we are being "mindfucked" again. Oh well, at least I know how Bucket sounds over an epic Axl outro. I'll at least have that. Undecided
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »

Furthermore, like the guys on that metal podcast said, why would the band members be on a gag order for the next few weeks?

Has it not been the case for the past 7 years or something?

Grin

Let's not lose faith. This didn't happen for no reason! There's something in the works for sure! Smiley Anyway, I kinda thought (weirdly I guess) it was all happening a bit too fast...

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #563 on: February 21, 2006, 08:13:13 PM »

I think it's time ?that we came to the realization ?that Axl is fuckin with us ? and that this thing is not coming out anytime this decade. ? People are ready for this thing. ?Doesn't Axl realize that demos don't get played on the radio unless you are really huge. ? What is he afraid of Huh ? ?The only justification i can see for him to do this would be if those were the actual ?digital recording of the tracks ?the way they will sound on CD. ? OH well ? see ya guys ?later ? . I'll be back in a couple of yrs to see how you are all doing . ? ? ? bye
Ali
Legend

« Reply #564 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »

Doesn't anyone else find it weird that he waited until the evening hours to call them?  I mean, that song was playing every hour all day!  He had to have known before then!

That's either really bizarre timing on Merck's part, or there is something else at play here.  I mean, this station was playing "I.R.S.", too.

Why wait until now to put an end to this?

Ali
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #565 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »

everyone calm down. let's wait for the announcment and then we'll see..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #566 on: February 21, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

. Oh well, at least I know how Bucket sounds over an epic Axl outro. I'll at least have that. Undecided

I saved it, just for that reason! If I don't hear anything official till MArch 1st, THEN I will listen to TWAT for the first time.

Veterans just know...

Restraint is for suckers.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #567 on: February 21, 2006, 08:16:49 PM »

Has it not been the case for the past 7 years or something?

Grin

Let's not lose faith. This didn't happen for no reason! There's something in the works for sure! Smiley Anyway, I kinda thought (weirdly I guess) it was all happening a bit too fast...

Yeah Will, the timing of Merck's call is peculiar.  There is no way that he only knew in the evening that the song was played every damn hour all day on that station.  Not possible.  He knew long before then and could've stopped it.  That's just fishy.

Ali
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #568 on: February 21, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »

everyone calm down. let's wait for the announcment and then we'll see..

The announcement. Well. If it ever comes.

Restraint is for suckers.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #569 on: February 21, 2006, 08:20:10 PM »

I bet he was waiting for someone to make the statement that our Finnish gunner made. Perfect capper to a great weekend. ok
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:24:40 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

I wonder if "3 out of every 4 callers" being negative had anything to do with Merck suddenly putting the kibosh on airplay??

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2006, 08:22:18 PM »

I bet he waiting for someone to make the statement that our Finnish gunner made. Perfect capper to a great weekend. ok

Maybe  hihi

I dunno, the timing of Merck's call still strikes me as odd.  I think it may have had to do with something other than that well-written e-mail from the Finnish fan.  ok

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2006, 08:23:41 PM »

I wonder if "3 out of every 4 callers" being negative had anything to do with Merck suddenly putting the kibosh on airplay??

Maybe, but again, why wait until now?  It has been getting bashed by the people in Boston all damn day.  Why wait until after rush hour? 

Very strange.

Ali
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »

dark will say it's because they played TWAT instead of IRS that Merck called in.

You heard it here first! Grin

Exnavymike
Opening Act

The streets don't change but maybe the names

« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2006, 08:24:33 PM »

I just read that Merck called the radio station today and they've been playing since when? ?Friday right? ?Why take so long? ?

On Sunday I emailed Merck's assistant and tonight I finally got a reply. ?Seems strange that it would take them so long to decide what to do about the leaks. ?I realize yesterday was a holiday but still, seems strange. ?I realize she probably had a thousand emails but it all seems kind of strange.

Here is my emai

Ms. Chang,

? ? I apologize if this is one of a hundred emails that you have seen on this subject, but I guess my curiosity and intense love of Guns N' Roses has gotten the best of me. ?I am sure that you are aware of the recent tracks that have been leaked on to the net and are now being played on radio stations all over the United States and Canada. ?My question is, what is management's stand on this? ?Have there been or will there be any cease and desist letters sent out to these stations? ?I have many more questions but I am sure you heard them all. ?Thank you for your time. ?I greatly appreciate it.
 ?
Michael

Not sure if I can legally post here response in here so I will paraphrase.

It says that they have asked for all links to be removed because they are a copyright infingement and that anyone not complying will be procescuted. ?Notice it says nothing at all about the songs being played on the radio. ?

I know I ?am just a pee on emailing them but they have to know that I could post/report this so perhaps they didnt mention the radio stations and just the links because they dont care about the songs, or at least IRS, being on the radio. ?

I really dont know ?its all very Fin strange to me. ?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:29:47 PM by Exnavymike » Logged

www.myspace.com/fear_of         

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I cared.
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

COme on now do u really think he just called, where does he live...hmmm
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »

sorry i had to take a break from listenin but was it like a phone in on the air from merke?
Exnavymike
Opening Act

The streets don't change but maybe the names

« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »

I didnt hear it, but I think I read that the station made a statement.  Supposedly after Merck called, who knows if he actually called.

www.myspace.com/fear_of         

All I ever wanted was for you to know that I cared.
88 Days
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2006, 08:38:21 PM »

TWAT feedback:

First caller said: Sucks

Next: Hang it up

Next: Did he go to get coffee while recording this thing?

probably the same people who vote for bush.
pay no attention, the buzz we are seeing right now is undeniable.
we are on the verge of greatness. smoking ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

Are any modern rock stations playin it?

I know BookerFloyd use to say that modern wouldnt touch GNR.

I just want to see if he was right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: