Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 01:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 83902 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »

you think they would do this with any other band in the world? this isnt even a official release and they play it every fuckin hour?  the world loves gnr, the world needs gnr

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:35 PM »

this is what i just emailed to the dj, misstress carrie

-------
Misstress,

I love this song. I think it is getting unfair reviews because people know that it isnt the old band and can't listen to it with an open mind. I know he is trying different things but you can tell that the emphasis is still on soaring solos and vocal melodies. I just heard you talk about the Beatles being your favorite band and I think you can kind of compare it to them. The Beatles were such an evolution of music. They started out very simple and then in their later years, began experimenting with new effects and layers that created for some truly quality music. Nobody bashes the Beatles for this, but everyone loves to hate Axl. How fair is that? I know the guy probably should not be using the name, and that Guns N' Roses never was the Beatles by any comparison, but at least give the man an open listen and an honest opinion!

-----

i probably wont get a reply from her but i just wanted to have my voice heard and I cant get through by telephone

poop
SLCPUNK
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »

this is what i just emailed to the dj, misstress carrie

-------
Misstress,

I love this song. I think it is getting unfair reviews because people know that it isnt the old band and can't listen to it with an open mind. I know he is trying different things but you can tell that the emphasis is still on soaring solos and vocal melodies. I just heard you talk about the Beatles being your favorite band and I think you can kind of compare it to them. The Beatles were such an evolution of music. They started out very simple and then in their later years, began experimenting with new effects and layers that created for some truly quality music. Nobody bashes the Beatles for this, but everyone loves to hate Axl. How fair is that? I know the guy probably should not be using the name, and that Guns N' Roses never was the Beatles by any comparison, but at least give the man an open listen and an honest opinion!

-----

i probably wont get a reply from her but i just wanted to have my voice heard and I cant get through by telephone

I would have been awesome if you signed it "AXL"

hihi
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2006, 04:40:54 PM »

lol, those were some awsome emails the dj just read

cd starts now
axl being one of the best frontmen of the last 30 years
irs kicks ass
keep playing more

yea

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

The DJ read a bunch of emails and got a better response then we've heard recently... One one negative one out of like 4 or 5....

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2006, 04:43:01 PM »

I told you they need a few good listens before getting into it! Smiley

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »

I'm disapointed with the feedback the song is receiving.

In other news:  Listen to the last part of the song - it has a Tommy Stinson influence to it, it's the part where they sing "there was I time, I thought I knew it all" in the background. it sounds like a song from Village gorilla head.  I loved that album as well :-)

Anyway - here's to more positive feedback  - go GNR

Wake up. . . .time to die
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »

The problem is that TWAT, in its current state as we know it, just isn't that good.  It definately begs the question "Is that what took 13 years".  It is most definately demo quality and won't sound remotely like this on th ealbum, but casual listeners don't know that.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2006, 05:31:37 PM »

rofl, it really cracks me up that they play it every hour... so nice

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2006, 05:33:11 PM »

Yeah now right after NIN quite heavy rotation for a leaked demo
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:39:51 PM by ppbebe » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »

The problem is that TWAT, in its current state as we know it, just isn't that good.  It definately begs the question "Is that what took 13 years".  It is most definately demo quality and won't sound remotely like this on th ealbum, but casual listeners don't know that.

you think? It sounds pretty unreal to me.  Its my fave of the three leaked songs.

Just listened to chinese democrcary from RIO...thats gonna be a SICK studio track.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2006, 05:36:45 PM »

they?re just playing twat!!

great to hear gnr on the radio peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »

People, feedback is a lot better now!! Smiley I told you: they need to listen to it for a few times before getting to like it. GN'R rules.

Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2006, 05:39:07 PM »

woohoo!!
 they read my opinion!

mine was the one mentioning Dizzy and Steph Seymour... which she retorted by saying Axl beat her up every day, lol.

any1 tape that?Huh

-Dennis
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:48:01 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2006, 05:40:09 PM »

anyone knows the email?

WARose
Legend

« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »

i don`t like the female dj that`s moderating at the moment....  but she mentioned that it`s a demo...  and all emails she read were positive....

and she said that they`ll keep playing it every hour.... seems weird i think (considering the cease and desist stuff...)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Legend

« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »

i think darknemus source was right about the management not taking any further steps and even wanting the radios to play it...

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »

anyone knows the email?

http://www.waaf.com/contactus.asp

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »

anyone know what plug-in you need to hear the station live?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »

ok - I heard the last segment in the car on my way home from work and the feedback was better - finally. ?I have to say that it really doesn't sound all that good in my car. ?It sounds better via headphone, laptop etc. ... ?Why? ?Because it's a demo :-)

Wake up. . . .time to die
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: