Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 84031 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »

I, for one, always suggest holding onto TWAT whenever possible.  Otherise, it could slip through your fingers.

Ok, i'm done with the sick double entendres for the time being Smiley

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

Haven't played them yet.? They were added to our system like five minutes ago.? I'm on the air now and I'm begging my PD to let me play them, but it probably won't happen till tonite or tomorrow.? Unfortunately that's corporate radio.

your sister station, waaf.com, is playing IRS every hour.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2006, 02:23:58 PM »

It's all a set-up-the leaks-heavy radio rotation-festivals announced-quite a strategy beer

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »

I would have to say, that after 5 days of radio play the cease and desist order would have to be bullshit, this would preety much prove that this was all planned by management

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »

why was the title change and this topic merged?
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »

I would have to say, that after 5 days of radio play the cease and desist order would have to be bullshit, this would preety much prove that this was all planned by management
I don't know, I guess JARMO doesn't want anybody who questions any of this bullshit being heard, he does it every time I post a question....fine my story will got to press, no answers,,, fuck it,,,anyone know

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2006, 02:51:40 PM »

Because we are not gonna start a new thread every time another radio station plays IRS. If, you hear Better or TWAT, you can post it here as well.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2006, 02:54:52 PM »

I don't get the play IRS but not TWAT deal. A lot of people agree TWAT is a lot better than IRS. Even if it would be a "good idea" or whatever to hold onto TWAT, it doesn't really show people what the new band can do, in my opinion.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2006, 02:55:54 PM »

Because we are not gonna start a new thread every time another radio station plays IRS. If, you hear Better or TWAT, you can post it here as well.

the question was not about another station playing it, the question was why after 5 days and a 'SUPPOSED" Cease and Desist order is WAAF still playing it?

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »

I don't get the play IRS but not TWAT deal. A lot of people agree TWAT is a lot better than IRS. Even if it would be a "good idea" or whatever to hold onto TWAT, it doesn't really show people what the new band can do, in my opinion.

I fully agree with you.  However, I am certain there's a reason some stations are still being 'allowed' to play IRS (even if on the downlow) and that's because the other songs aren't being played yet.

Speaking of being played, I think we're ALL being played by GNR management on this. 

-darknemus

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »

It is very odd that radio stations are still playing it...

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »

I fully agree with you.  However, I am certain there's a reason some stations are still being 'allowed' to play IRS (even if on the downlow) and that's because the other songs aren't being played yet.

Speaking of being played, I think we're ALL being played by GNR management on this. 

-darknemus

darknemus is right, there playing us like cheap fiddles.. cheap fiddles my friends
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »

^^^I agree. ?it's kinda nice cause there were so many people on the board saying like "Who else is pissed that tracks are being played on radio" etc.

it's been obvious all along that this is a promotional stunt.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »

I fully agree with you.? However, I am certain there's a reason some stations are still being 'allowed' to play IRS (even if on the downlow) and that's because the other songs aren't being played yet.

Speaking of being played, I think we're ALL being played by GNR management on this.?

-darknemus

What's your theory on how we're being played? Do you mean in respect to management telling us they don't want the leaks but doing next to nothing about them? Or is there something else?
madagas
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »

If those are the final two mixes of IRS and TWAT, I will be HIGHLY HIGHLY disappointed in the album. There are huge obvious flaws in the production-lack of drums-Axl's voice buried in spots-some blatantly out of tune guitar playing at the beginning of TWAT. Just very poor mixing in general. Management didn't leak this but they must figure the demos are a good taste. At least I hope.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »

If those are the final two mixes of IRS and TWAT, I will be HIGHLY HIGHLY disappointed in the album. There are huge obvious flaws in the production-lack of drums-Axl's voice buried in spots-some blatantly out of tune guitar playing at the beginning of TWAT. Just very poor mixing in general.

I don't think they are final mixes, at all. 

Anyone else notice that the version of IRS being played on WAAF sounds alot.. cleaner than the one we have?  Food for thought.

-darknemus

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »

it might be played under an eq
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »

After Used To Love Her, they said that they were going to play IRS again until managment told them to stop.  Obviously managment didn't give a C and D.  It should be playing soon.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2006, 03:22:05 PM »

Now listening to WAAF, they are just talking about IRS again (after playing UTLH): "THe DJ's are telling they were doubting it first, but are liking it more and more. They will have IRS again later on.

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »

Crisis Management...... Merck is letting the radio stations play the song because he knows that if he tells them to stop it the ball will stop rolling. Unfortunatly these leaked tracks seem to have forced the camp into accelerating the release process.

I went to Vegas this weekend and i must have heard IRS about 20 times there and back, on various different radio stations. The first time i heard it was when setting of from San Diego and to be honest it sounded shit on the radio, the MP3 compression really hurt the song! Saying that though the response the song got was amazing, out of 100 people who phoned in there were only 2 people who said they didnt like it one of them purely because everyone else liked it, so basically the reaction to the song was very very positive. The one thing that did piss me off though, and this was a common among all the stations we tuned in to on the 6 hour trip. Every fucking station referred to this as "the new Guns n Roses single". Obviously the people who emailed the song in didnt bother to put forward the point that this is a 3 year old Demo, shame! I just hope it doesnt put casual listeners off!

Jonx
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:41:26 PM by Jonx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: