Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 83834 times)
Z
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2006, 12:47:47 PM »

Axl and Co. are cracking up at all this activity and belief that this was an accident.

Come on now, we all knew that Axl would pull something like this. ?He wasn't going to just put out a single and then a release date like everybody else does.

Axl has always marched to a different beat.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »

IF Axl's lawyers sent a C&D to a radio station, the station could ask for proof of copyright...and continue to use the material until Axl's lawyers could provide one.otherwise...

haha, slick.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »

I believe it. If lawyers are invloved im sure WAAF has their own army too..

Negatory.? The first thing counsel would tell you is "shut your fucking mouth" in a situation like this.? Attorneys don't say "hey, go out there like the schoolyard bully and throw sand in Bobby's face!!" - This is the real world, with real money and real consequences.

-darknemus

Absolutely correct.

They might continue to play the material until the copyright holders' identity can be proven but...they wouldn't egg the suits on.

It's like begging the IRS to audit you, calling them names, and bragging on national radio that you don't pay your taxes.  Just ask Crazy Cabbie how that turned out...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »

Just ask Crazy Cabbie how that turned out...

Yikes  Shocked

Could you take 2 mins and tell me about that?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

Yikes? Shocked

Crazy Cabbie, a regular on the Stern show, bragged over and over again that he didn't pay his taxes. Keep in mind, I mean "bragged out loud on the show....over and over".  Then, he dared the IRS to audit him.   A few times, actually, and then proceded to toss out insults at those who work for the IRS.

He got audited.  He really didn't pay his taxes.  He's now doing a stretch (a year, I think..maybe a bit more) for felony tax evasion.

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »

Yikes  Shocked

Crazy Cabbie, a regular on the Stern show, bragged over and over again that he didn't pay his taxes. Keep in mind, I mean "bragged out loud on the show....over and over".  Then, he dared the IRS to audit him.   A few times, actually, and then proceded to toss out insults at those who work for the IRS.

He got audited.  He really didn't pay his taxes.  He's now doing a stretch (a year, I think..maybe a bit more) for felony tax evasion.

Well......... hihi

Even I am not that dumb............ hihi

I did tell a law firm to shove a letter up their ass once (and realized after I hung up the phone that it probably wasn't the brightest thing I ever did.)

If the IRS ever came knocking though, you better believe I'd have milk and cookies for them as they went through my paperwork!

Now, back on topic.............
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »

I have a feeling the cease and desist letter probably hinted that a proper single would be shipped to radio soon. The IRS track is great buzz for GnR, but they don't want a demo quality recording to be aired as "new music from GnR" with the caveat that it is, indeed, a demo.
alienv49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »

I am an employee at a big radio station in KC.  Not going to mention the name, however we just added IRS and TWAT to our playlists.  My boss thinks they're good and we are going to play them until we get C and D orders.
godiva
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »

GO!  beer Does that mean you didn't get C&D orders yet? Because you haven't played the songs yet or because those C&D orders don't exist?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2006, 01:35:18 PM »

Apparently WRIF in Detroit has IRS in regular rotation too!! Shocked

can anyone confirm that?

cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2006, 01:36:02 PM »

Here is a link to see what songs WAAF is playing: http://www.yes.com/lookup.php?s=WAAF

Has anyone heard this song on any other stations?? My friend told me he heard it on WMMR (Philadelphia) on Saturday night.? He said that he liked it but the DJ and people calling in were bashing it, saying it sucked.?

Just to note:? WMMR stopped playing GnR for a few weeks (maybe a month?) right after Axl didnt show for the concert in 2002 ( Cry i was there, i wish he was too).? They actually were promoting a ban on GnR for that time period.? But then they went right back to playing them every day after the ban.? WMMR is the best rock station in the greater philadelphia area.?

Their only competator is WYSP, but they are clear channel and used to play stern and now they play David Lee Roth.? Most of the day they are just talk shows.

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
alienv49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »

Haven't played them yet.  They were added to our system like five minutes ago.  I'm on the air now and I'm begging my PD to let me play them, but it probably won't happen till tonite or tomorrow.  Unfortunately that's corporate radio.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2006, 01:45:47 PM »

When is the last time they played it?  Does anybody know?  I heard that management sent them a C and D.  If this is true, they shouldn't be playing it.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »

When is the last time they played it?  Does anybody know?  I heard that management sent them a C and D.  If this is true, they shouldn't be playing it.
Maybe an hour ago or so.  Could have been slightly longer. I've kind of lost track of time with all the Festival talk going on.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2006, 01:55:52 PM »

When is the last time they played it?? Does anybody know?? I heard that management sent them a C and D.? If this is true, they shouldn't be playing it.

12:11 PM..

Together again,
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »

I am an employee at a big radio station in KC.? Not going to mention the name, however we just added IRS and TWAT to our playlists.? My boss thinks they're good and we are going to play them until we get C and D orders.

Alien49. ?Please stick to just IRS--you have mail--in your PM!  Also, do you have an internet stream?
madagas
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2006, 02:02:07 PM »

Get over yourself, let them play them both. Alot of people like TWAT better than IRS. Let the radio listeners decide for themselves. The world needs to hear that Bucket solo at the end of TWAT. rant
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »

Get over yourself, let them play them both. Alot of people like TWAT better than IRS. Let the radio listeners decide for themselves. The world needs to hear that Bucket solo at the end of TWAT. rant

Funny, not myself--other reasons.? Nemus, give me a PM when you can.  Trust me, I will be walking into an Entercom location shortly.  LMFAO guy's--IRS is enough on the stations for now, catch my drift!
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2006, 02:06:37 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't play TWAT / Better on the air right now.  Its not "good business" ya know?

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't play TWAT / Better on the air right now.? Its not "good business" ya know?

-darknemus

Exactly--Alien, you maybe rewarded later--hold on TWAT, keep it to IRS!  People who are hearing this are really loving it more with each spin--say it sounds like Physical Grafitti!  I couldn't agree more!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: