Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:20:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  N.W.A. and GN'R
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: N.W.A. and GN'R  (Read 3950 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »

i think richardnixon was askin booker to go on a date with him confused

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 01:06:55 AM »

Really? Date?

Around 1994 I believe...

"They went into a discussion of the different artists SLASH has played with. He talked about Eazy-E and why his name is not on the album even though he played there. SLASH now says the track must have been cut which is too bad as it was really cool. Eazy-E died before the album came out, and his family put the album together."

http://www.snakepit.org/knac00.html
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 01:08:56 AM »

I thought ICE T covered WTTJ

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 01:21:41 AM »

So Eazy-E recorded with both Slash and Axl. I wonder if they were the same or different songs.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 05:41:34 AM »

I think this whole confusion was caused by the fact that NWA have a song called APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, Guns N Roses does not play on it, and has absolutley nothing to do with this song......

CD - N.W.A. - Niggaz4life

TRACK 5. Appetite For Desctruction

CLICK LINK TO HEAR
http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=009958101050006900&cid=600111
YO, DUMB FUCKS WITH ALL YOUR THEORIES< EVER THINK OF NOT SKIPPING BY THE TRUTH , THAT IS RECORDED HISTORY?

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 06:43:44 AM »

I knew that Slash have reported to play on Eazy-E's album without being credited for it, but I dident know Axl did record something? N.W.A wanted to sample WTTJ, but Axl turned them down, but in that process Axl and Ice Cube had a heart to heart discussion regarding the controversy regarding the One in a million issuses around 89 I think..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 06:46:03 AM »

I herd somthing about a rap group with GNR once but i dont think easy e

There was a Blackstreet and Ol Dirty Bastard song featuring Slash... haha, it's pretty cool.? there was a rumour that Axl and Shaq were working together a while back, yes.

Yeah, thats a cool video, "Fix" , it won an award on MTV in 97. Slash also played live with P.Diddy and Lil Kim, and have also played with Cypress Hill many times, and appeared in their video. He did also record a track for Insane Clown Possee

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 07:06:15 AM »

According to Violent J, in his book "Behind the Paint," Slash wanted to tour with ICP and play guitar on their songs, after he did the track "Halls of Illusions."

Violent J is known to make up silly stories about his experiences, and exaggerate greatyl, not to do harm, but just to be silly.  It's part of his character. 

Anyway, he went on to say that Slash told him he wrote a whole album about Axl once and Axl didn't even realize it when he heard it.  (I know it doesn't make sense, but it could just be Violent J making up a story, or it could be something that never got released?)  Slash also asked if the song "Halls of Illusions" was about Axl, before he would play on it.  He said he thought it might be about Axl because of "Use Your Illusion" and it talks about wife beaters and other bad people going to jail.  So, Violent J assured him it wasn't saying anything bad about Axl at all, and then Slash went in to record his guitar parts for it. 

J also mentions that Slash wore a Riddlebox (ICP album) shirt on stage a few times, and that Slash kept calling J after they did the song, asking for advice on how to decorate his house. 

I think probably part of this story is true (maybe the Use Your Illusion part?) and part of it is exaggerated or just plain false.  The entire section on working with Slash had a "Slash is so cool, I think I'll play this story up a bit by making it look like he thinks I'm cool, too" feel to it.  Like I said, Violent J often gives fake interviews with outrageous stories that aren't even true, but I'm just relaying what he said in his book.
RichardNixon
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 11:05:06 AM »

I knew that Slash have reported to play on Eazy-E's album without being credited for it, but I dident know Axl did record something? N.W.A wanted to sample WTTJ, but Axl turned them down, but in that process Axl and Ice Cube had a heart to heart discussion regarding the controversy regarding the One in a million issuses around 89 I think..

Axl and Ice Cube had a "heart to heart" talk? Do you happen to have an interview that brings that up with either Ice Cube or Axl? I'm very curious.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 11:08:31 AM »

It wasn't Ice Cube it was Ice T.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 11:28:56 AM »

Amish must be in prison to bored enough to read an entire book about ICP.  Little bit of sodomy in the shower followed up by some light reading about the worst group ever, now that's hard time.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »

It wasn't Ice Cube it was Ice T.

Ice Cube, Ice T., Ice Cream, all the same.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 11:41:49 AM »

Amish must be in prison to bored enough to read an entire book about ICP.? Little bit of sodomy in the shower followed up by some light reading about the worst group ever, now that's hard time.

Good times!   Grin ok
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: