Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:59:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R to play Paris, France
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R to play Paris, France  (Read 12899 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 04:50:23 PM »

And what do you think about the Hotel Costes? I sometimes go there to have a drink...

Anyway, I don't think high profile places such as these would be right to organize a party for GN'R fans. It's way too expensive for the average fan.
I was thinking about a party in a rock club with a dancefloor (or maybe two). There are a couple of places where I could find a deal to make it free, or at least very cheap, for people who would like to enjoy a Guns N' Roses night.
It could be free on a week day, I think, but in Paris, most people don't go out too late during the week. So I am not sure whether there would be a lot of people. Since the concert is on a tuesday, it could be difficult for a lot of people to spend a full night partying after it. Maybe the friday 16 could be right. It would even help promoting the concert, because there would be flyers for the party floating around a couple of weeks before...

Yes, i like it, i like their lounge, i like their garden, it's nice, it has wifi access and they have meeting rooms big enough for anything.
I know a few people who seem to have their habits there ( not naming anyone, i visualise one particular french singer lol )

PARTY PLACE TO BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE :

IT IS IN BERCY VILLAGE

THE FROG'S basement area.

We had our robbie williams afterparty there, it is a pub situated at a walkeable distance from bercy ( unless you're a star in which case i know how to get there through the park unseen lol !!!! true true !!!)

Nothing to say
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2006, 05:19:26 PM »

Yes, why not. I don't know this place, though the name is somehow familiar. Maybe I have heard about it...

Anyway, it wouldn't be a problem to find a place and a team. I could ask people who already organize underground rock parties to do it with me. There are at least 2 or 3 places where I am sure I can find a deal. The question is more: should it be the day of the concert, or the friday before (or maybe the friday after)? Any idea? The choice of the place depends on that...

Another question would be: would GN'R management appreciate this kind of initiative, or would they rather see it not happening? I wouldn't want to interfere in Guns management's strategy, or anything negative like that...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2006, 05:37:59 PM »

Yes, why not. I don't know this place, though the name is somehow familiar. Maybe I have heard about it...

Anyway, it wouldn't be a problem to find a place and a team. I could ask people who already organize underground rock parties to do it with me. There are at least 2 or 3 places where I am sure I can find a deal. The question is more: should it be the day of the concert, or the friday before (or maybe the friday after)? Any idea? The choice of the place depends on that...

Another question would be: would GN'R management appreciate this kind of initiative, or would they rather see it not happening? I wouldn't want to interfere in Guns management's strategy, or anything negative like that...

well ll lll..............

hmmmmm....

Shall we wait and see ?

Red hot chilis are in bercy that week too and they did a party last time for the fans.
Korn in in bercy on 25th too.

Maybe it's best to wait so we know what places are alrzady reserved and by whom and what gnr management has ( or not) in store ?

Also, i think it could be a godo idea to leave the idea open to invite the team to the party ( meaning not just band but roadies, techies etc etc..after all, they rarely get to see the cities, do they ?)

I think a party at jean roch's VIP room is a good idea.....

But ...but but ....

Nothing to say
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2006, 06:04:56 PM »

Exactly. I won't do anything if it is not approved by GN'R's management.

They may have their own plans, and I wouldn't want to interfere in any kind of negative way.
But if nothing is planned, they might appreciate the free promotion (thousands of flyers announcing the party and the concert) and the fact that something is happening around the concert.

I first thought about something for the fans, as the band will probably have other plans. That's why I thought about an underground club. Places like the VIP are too select and too expensive for the average Guns Fan (and they don't like to play rock music there, not their style at all...), and booking a place like this would be to organizean after party forthe band. They'll probably end up in such a place anyway, but it will be private.
I could organize such a thing, but I don't think Guns management will need me to do so...

I think more about the fans who would love to dance to their favorite songs all night long without having to pay too much in order to enter the party and to have some drinks.
I think it would attract GN'R fans and other rock fans (young or older), and it would help bringing GN'R back in the current rock context, not as something from the past.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:37 AM »

They may have their own plans, and I wouldn't want to interfere in any kind of negative way.
But if nothing is planned, they might appreciate the free promotion (thousands of flyers announcing the party and the concert) and the fact that something is happening around the concert.

I first thought about something for the fans, as the band will probably have other plans. That's why I thought about an underground club. Places like the VIP are too select and too expensive for the average Guns Fan (and they don't like to play rock music there, not their style at all...), and booking a place like this would be to organizean after party forthe band. They'll probably end up in such a place anyway, but it will be private.
I could organize such a thing, but I don't think Guns management will need me to do so...

I think more about the fans who would love to dance to their favorite songs all night long without having to pay too much in order to enter the party and to have some drinks.
I think it would attract GN'R fans and other rock fans (young or older), and it would help bringing GN'R back in the current rock context, not as something from the past.

i'll be at the VIP or the Doobie's Wink

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2006, 10:47:13 AM »

i'll be at the VIP or the Doobie's Wink

baah baaahh

Jean luc lahaye's still got that joint ?

I thought the doobies had gone from cool to having 16?me arrondissement teens in gucci yawning at a drunk clementine celari? ?

Nothing to say
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »

PARTY PLACE TO BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE :
IT IS IN BERCY VILLAGE
THE FROG'S basement area.

yeah, the frog is perfect for aftershows.

http://www.frogpubs.com/pub.php?lang=en&pub=frogbercy&topic=events

but i'll try to party with the band at first Wink

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2006, 08:30:43 AM »

I really like the Frog  yes

( also loves clapham common's frog in south london)..

hihi

and garlic and shots soho london..

cool bars  Grin

Nothing to say
DeN
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »

so maybe we can organize something, huh ?

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

I thought you guessed the answer was yes OF COURSE SOMETHING SHOULD BE ok

Nothing to say
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »

Hm, maybe I should buy a plane ticket to Paris... Man I hope there are some US dates soon....

now you know me better
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »

Maybe we should wait a little and then contact GN'R management in order to check their view on the subject.

Since the Frog is quite near of Bercy, it would be a good choice for an after party. But then again, weshould wait and see if the management has other plans. Also, don't forget that the 20th of june is a tuesday: I'm not sure whether many people could party all night long after the concert since many would have to work the day after. And the 21th is the national "f?te de la musique"...

All in all, if an after party was hard to organize, still would it be possible to organize a "GN'R night" somewhere a couple of days before (friday the 16th, for instance). A party for rock fans that would be mainly dedicated to GN'R mixed with other rock music (past influences, but also nowadays rock music). I think there could be around 200 to 300 persons...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2006, 07:09:28 PM »

No offense but The Frog sucks. They don't know how to make good beer...

Nicolas (in Bercy Village too) kicks ass though!

Siliconmessiah
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2006, 07:11:23 PM »

Shouldn?t this topic be moved?
DeN
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2006, 08:31:58 AM »

in fact maybe i'll join but it depends if i'm still single or if i'm committed at that time  hihi

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »

Don't know if you guys read the tour section, but selling opened today and Paris Bercy ( france) is almost sold out ( in a day) ok

Nothing to say
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2006, 04:56:37 PM »

wow that was quick ... well it is GNR come on man lol  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
godiva
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »

Congratulations GNR. Viva la France!  ok
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2006, 05:05:08 PM »

Awesome! beer  Anyone know how large this place is?

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2006, 05:07:39 PM »

capacity of 17000, but usually 15.000 for concerts as 2000 are bahind the stage unless stage is completely central and rotative ? hihi

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: