Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 12126 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2006, 06:32:22 PM »

didn't Izzy leave in 1991 Cry
that would be 15 years Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2006, 06:33:25 PM »

Steven was fired in 1990.....

A "classic Guns fan" would know that.? Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2006, 06:33:41 PM »

what have the leaks proven?? A man can make good music with a band? Huh? ?I'm sorry I didn't cream my pants or want to knock out some axl hater because we got some good demos

Jarmo gnr is a long time period. I don't have to fit into every asspect of what a gnr fan should be to be a fan.. When I watch sports I get on the team I like or the individual person who I feel is dropping the ball.. I am not one that just praises if I feel someone is screwing up..

I said today I am an axl rose fan but feel he has spent to much time away or leaving us with little info..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2006, 06:34:56 PM »

Steven left in 1990.....

A "classic Guns fan" would know that.? Tongue

/jarmo

I thought he recorded on Civil War Cheesy
Sorry if I don't know the dates they recorded the song Huh
ROSE22
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2006, 06:41:31 PM »

classicgunsfan you are an untreatable rash that won't go away. 
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »

what have the leaks proven?? A man can make good music with a band? Huh? ?I'm sorry I didn't cream my pants or want to knock out some axl hater because we got some good demos

Jarmo gnr is a long time period. I don't have to fit into every asspect of what a gnr fan should be to be a fan.. When I watch sports I get on the team I like or the individual person who I feel is dropping the ball.. I am not one that just praises if I feel someone is screwing up..

I said today I am an axl rose fan but feel he has spent to much time away or leaving us with little info..

What about if Axl in this "time away" found his happy place? His Nirvana. Why project your own feelings onto him. Its better to just except things as they are and enjoy the little things we are given. Isn't that really what life is about Mr. Realistic? The little things. Do you ever stop and meditate or just have some deep thoughts on what will make you happy on your short time here? I want Chinese Democracy to come, but not at the expense of the music. Isnt part of what makes Axl is damn cool, is that he has always done and said whatever the hell he feels like? I don't remember him ever being different and I have been a fan since GNR's very beginning.

The real problem is that you have changed. And you want Axl to change. What made Axl cool then is somehow really troubling you know, because you have forgotten what that was to begin with. The game might have changed, but the Axl really hasn't. I have been actually shocked at how true to himself he is. You have to respect that.

And dude, you don't dig the shit out of the new music that has leaked? That right there is amazing to me.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2006, 06:50:10 PM »

classicgunsfan you are an untreatable rash that won't go away.?

ever have one Grin
there a bicth and a half I tell ya ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2006, 07:01:17 PM »

What about if Axl in this "time away" found his happy place? His Nirvana. Why project your own feelings onto him. Its better to just except things as they are and enjoy the little things we are given. Isn't that really what life is about Mr. Realistic? The little things. Do you ever stop and meditate or just have some deep thoughts on what will make you happy on your short time here? I want Chinese Democracy to come, but not at the expense of the music. Isnt part of what makes Axl is damn cool, is that he has always done and said whatever the hell he feels like? I don't remember him ever being different and I have been a fan since GNR's very beginning.

The real problem is that you have changed. And you want Axl to change. What made Axl cool then is somehow really troubling you know, because you have forgotten what that was to begin with. The game might have changed, but the Axl really hasn't. I have been actually shocked at how true to himself he is. You have to respect that.

And dude, you don't dig the shit out of the new music that has leaked? That right there is amazing to me.

Buddha, got a disagree with you, Axl has changed, if one of GnR said shit about him when they first hit it big, they would a been throwing down, not fighting with their lawyers.

In 87, they released AFD even though it was raw and not perfect, from 96-2006 Axl's been a perfectionist.

The fact is, the fans are holding on to the Axl of 87,88 when the only thing about him thats the same is his name. 

Sure three of the leaked tracks are good, but, I've heard more crap then gems Shocked

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2006, 07:15:24 PM »

Buddha, got a disagree with you, Axl has changed, if one of GnR said shit about him when they first hit it big, they would a been throwing down, not fighting with their lawyers.

In 87, they released AFD even though it was raw and not perfect, from 96-2006 Axl's been a perfectionist.

The fact is, the fans are holding on to the Axl of 87,88 when the only thing about him thats the same is his name.?

Sure three of the leaked tracks are good, but, I've heard more crap then gems Shocked

What crap. You have heard more crap then good? What the fuck are you talking about? You better back that up?

And Axl was the one that said the UYI's weren't ready when they were released. I think it would have been better for them if they were held off until they were ready. They should have toured less and stayed more in the studio to finish them proper like. Now Axl doesn't have people trying to force his hand like he had for the Illusions. How is he different though?

I think the leaks would win the pepsi challenge against the majority of what was released on the UYI's.

And what Axl should beat Slash's ass for him to still be Axl in your eyes?

SlashDelonge
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2006, 07:28:01 PM »

im pretty sure izzy left in '91
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2006, 07:58:01 PM »

The fact is, the fans are holding on to the Axl of 87,88 when the only thing about him thats the same is his name.?

What crap. You have heard more crap then good? What the fuck are you talking about? You better back that up? Silkworms, OMG, Rhiad, Chi Dem, The Blues, Maddy

And Axl was the one that said the UYI's weren't ready when they were released. I think it would have been better for them if they were held off until they were ready. They should have toured less and stayed more in the studio to finish them proper like. Now Axl doesn't have people trying to force his hand like he had for the Illusions. How is he different though? And in 1991, he said they were done exactly the way they wanted. 2002, he said they were rushed.  IMO, he's justifying a long delay.
I think the leaks would win the pepsi challenge against the majority of what was released on the UYI's. But Pepsi lost to Coke
And what Axl should beat Slash's ass for him to still be Axl in your eyes? At least he'd show he still has a spine instead ofhding behind his lawyers
I mean, all's he would talk about in the past was beating people's asses, I guess he can only beat up women?

Personally, I think the whole Axl is perfectionist line and doesn't want to compromise the music is a weak cop-out.
 how many live shows has the band given piss poor performances
 how many shows has never bothered to show up to
 if he's such a perfectionist, why does he never show up for rehersals with the band

I'm sorry, but you can't claim to be a perfectionist, give piss poor performances, cancel more than half the scheduled shows, and say I don't want to compromose the music.

If you want to claim to be a perfectionist, act like one.  Give perfect live performances and make sure you have perfect attendance.  This has never been the case.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:24:00 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
SlashDelonge
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

somewhere around '91
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2006, 08:39:16 PM »

or was it 92 lol jk

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2006, 09:30:20 PM »

What crap. You have heard more crap then good? What the fuck are you talking about? You better back that up? Silkworms, OMG, Rhiad, Chi Dem, The Blues, Maddy

And Axl was the one that said the UYI's weren't ready when they were released. I think it would have been better for them if they were held off until they were ready. They should have toured less and stayed more in the studio to finish them proper like. Now Axl doesn't have people trying to force his hand like he had for the Illusions. How is he different though? And in 1991, he said they were done exactly the way they wanted. 2002, he said they were rushed.? IMO, he's justifying a long delay.
I think the leaks would win the pepsi challenge against the majority of what was released on the UYI's. But Pepsi lost to Coke
And what Axl should beat Slash's ass for him to still be Axl in your eyes? At least he'd show he still has a spine instead ofhding behind his lawyers
I mean, all's he would talk about in the past was beating people's asses, I guess he can only beat up women?

Personally, I think the whole Axl is perfectionist line and doesn't want to compromise the music is a weak cop-out.
 how many live shows has the band given piss poor performances
 how many shows has never bothered to show up to
 if he's such a perfectionist, why does he never show up for rehersals with the band

I'm sorry, but you can't claim to be a perfectionist, give piss poor performances, cancel more than half the scheduled shows, and say I don't want to compromose the music.

If you want to claim to be a perfectionist, act like one.? Give perfect live performances and make sure you have perfect attendance.? This has never been the case.

Yea find me a quote from Axl where he calls himself a "Perfectionist." And Axl is certiantly not your typical boring ass front man. He is almost a throwback kind of like Morrison, and personifies that badmotherfucking rocker at almost every show. Him being late or whatever is actually part of his charm. He is unpredictable. I dont know about you, but every GNR show I have ever been to, I was flipping out when Axl did eventually come on, or the show happened. But they were all great and that added a lot to it. You like paint by numbers. Axl has never played anything safe. But musically, and the leaks are certaintly an example, that his music done his way, is never compromised.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You and Mike.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:31:58 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2006, 11:17:46 PM »

I'm very ashamed Cry
rather than waiting two hours, I should hope for four hours, because I didn't wait long enough
of course, after that little incident in Philly, i won't be waisting any more of my time at their concerts
unless, I was seeing them in NYC, cause Axl always shows up in NY
and MSG is the most convienant venue in the world to get to, and if Axl doesn't show, bars in NYC close at 5am so there is plenty to do and it won't be a complete waist of time

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:22:26 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2006, 12:19:40 AM »

Nah, none of those albums are better than AFD.

The Iron Maiden albums come the closest, however.  I don't understand why Skid Row is on there...they are formulaic 80's metal, although pretty good.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2006, 03:06:52 AM »

You should be ashamed of yourself. You and Mike.

Why should I be ashamed, I dropped plenty of cash when I went to see axl at msg.... I've been spending thousands on gnr my whole life sticking up for every member all along the years (well more like87-94).. I always said axl was coming back and axl was going to do this.. I defended the shit out of axl after the vmas, I did everything a fan would..  Just maybe being you never met me or know anytjhing about me you should understand that maybe I changed a bit since the NA tour.. The man had me so excited when everything seemed to come together that night, great performance, kick ass crowd, axl was happy, etc..  Then wham the fucking tour ended the next night with no explanation... I've always felt that axl could have issued a statement to why the tour ended like that, maybe even apologize to the fans regardless of the lawsuits.. Since when did axl worry about sayng something, since when was he scared to talk to the fans?  I was also at the 2002 CD world tour... The world tour named after an album usually means an album too... One minute the guy is in europe saying after the first album drops you'll have another and another,,,, So after all the years of defending axl's eevry move I said fuck this, I'm getting to a point where I realised he is the cause of most of his prolems.. 

I have said I love the song better, citr is a cool tune, maddy n the blues as well... I just don't get super excited these days anymore, it's just not in me to act the same as I did when I was growing up along sde of gnr ..... SO for me I have nothing to be ashamed of.... SOme people on the forums are above being fans, they applaud anything axl puts his voice to...  The gnr fan forum at times can be like the trl crowd, or that sometimes they are more like paula abdul and I am more like simon .. If I think something is great I will tell you.. Maybe some of you feel a good song or something is worth the wait, I personally don't think anything worth such a wait.. That still doesn't mean I won't enjoy the shows, or buy the new t shirts or the album.... It just means I don't get as excited as others... I hope the new tour dates are a sign of thing sto come.... I am also sorry BM that I feel there should be a single out to introduce new music and let the average joe know axl is back..

I am up front and tell you the way it is, sure it's strictly opinion but just because I'm not as stoked about the leaks doesn't mean I care less.... 
badapple81
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »

I think you'll find a lot of fans favourite GN'R work is in fact songs like Coma, Breakdown, Estranged, Madagascar.. all written in the 90s and 00's.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2006, 08:07:20 AM »

well, 3 out of 4 were written in 90's....
my guess would be, most of the fans of GnR are fans because of AFD and UYI; not the 4 tracks that leaked

comparitivly speaking I like Coma, Breakdown, and Estranged better than anything I've heard from the new band
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2006, 11:01:38 AM »

well, 3 out of 4 were written in 90's....
my guess would be, most of the fans of GnR are fans because of AFD and UYI; not the 4 tracks that leaked

comparitivly speaking I like Coma, Breakdown, and Estranged better than anything I've heard from the new band

You like the entire track of Breakdown more then the 4 leaks? Do I have that right? I say the entire track, because the last half is utter shit. We have had countless discussions on this. But it sheds some light on you and paints a pretty clear image of where you are coming from.

And Mike

"SOme people on the forums are above being fans, they applaud anything axl puts his voice to...  The gnr fan forum at times can be like the trl crowd, or that sometimes they are more like paula abdul and I am more like simon .. If I think something is great I will tell you.. Maybe some of you feel a good song or something is worth the wait, I personally don't think anything worth such a wait.. That still doesn't mean I won't enjoy the shows, or buy the new t shirts or the album.... It just means I don't get as excited as others... I hope the new tour dates are a sign of thing sto come.... I am also sorry BM that I feel there should be a single out to introduce new music and let the average joe know axl is back..

I am up front and tell you the way it is, sure it's strictly opinion but just because I'm not as stoked about the leaks doesn't mean I care less.... "

You said much of this before, and much of it has been discredited by your exchange with Jarmo. You dont exactly tell it like it is, and you tend to dodge issues that aren't going your way.

All of us want a single out now and the fucking album. That doesnt make you special dude. We all want the new music. And yea, it should probably come before these live shows start. But these are things you and me have no control over.

I ask you this. If you don't dig the new tracks that have been leaked, why are you here? Personally, I love the shit out of them. Not for any of your recent adjectives to describe some fans either. I genuinely think they are among the best music I have heard in years. They made me crave CD so much more its ridiculous. They restored faith too. Faith that the man knows what he is doing, and that he's still got it.  If you don't like them much, then you undoubtedly not like CD much. So why bother? Why come here and be a downer to those like me who are excited by what we are hearing and share in the excitement for CD. You do know you are being a downer when you talk shit about fans who are excited about the music they love.

You dig where I am coming from?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: