Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you guys think?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 12132 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »

sure ya didn't  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »

rich, just let me say this, I love your enthusiasm, you support the band you do all the things I did as a teenager... It's just when people like you go to a site like SLudge that doesn't only care about gnr it gets annoying.. ?many people (myselfincluded) don't see the band as guns n roses my opinion.... So you get "axl's army" over there and it becomes annoying.. ?People are like yet another cd thread, yet another I love axl thread..
RichardNixon
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:50 PM »

sure ya didn't? ok

WHy don't you go through this board and find one post where I did?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

rich, just let me say this, I love your enthusiasm, you support the band you do all the things I did as a teenager... It's just when people like you go to a site like SLudge that doesn't only care about gnr it gets annoying.. ?many people (myselfincluded) don't see the band as guns n roses my opinion.... So you get "axl's army" over there and it becomes annoying.. ?People are like yet another cd thread, yet another I love axl thread..

So Mike. How are you able to post so much here, when you are always apaprently on the Metal Sludge site. You make Sludge sound as bad as I imagined. Are you a mod there or something. Your unrivaled knowledge of the Sludge site has to be commended.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
RichardNixon
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »

Have you seen what people post over at Sludge? The most asinine, insipid threads. Who cares if Axl's Army makes a little noise? And maybe some people here find the negativity of others "annoying" but we tolerate it because people should feel free to be vocal about how they feel.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »

So Mike. How are you able to post so much here, when you are always apaprently on the Metal Sludge site. You make Sludge sound as bad as I imagined. Are you a mod there or something. Your unrivaled knowledge of the Sludge site has to be commended.

Well I read the forum.. I never even knew sludge exsited until gnr forums posted from the page
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

Well I read the forum.. I never even knew sludge exsited until gnr forums posted from the page

Fair enough. So why is there so much emphasis placed on what is said there?

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »

sure ya didn't? ok

Hold on while I copy and paste the thread you started ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

sure ya didn't? ok

As promised:

I like big butts and I cannot lie
Legend

Here Today...

The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.
? on: February 26, 2006, 07:09:11 AM ?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings all:

I would like to take a moment to discuss the psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and then, as a community, how we, as loyal fans, can best combat them.

Your participation in this thread would be most appreciated. Whether you be a newbie, or a veteran. Now let us begin.

Axl Rose is unique in the fact that he is both equally loved and reviled more passionately then almost anyone else. People familiar with Mr. Rose either love him or hate him. To his loyal fans, he is an almost messianic, Christlike tortured genius. To his detractors he is a woman-beating, homophobic, petty dictator (AMG). While some fans do see the gray and acknowledge both his good and bad points, in the end, people usually either strongly like, or dislike Axl Rose. As of this writing it's been nearly 15 years since GN'R released their last studio album, yet when demos were leaked on the net, it was as though the Chinese were invading. All over the Internet and across the US where the songs were previewed on the radio, fans/non-fans weighed in with their two cents. A decade and a half later, people are eager to voice their opinion.

Few rock/music fans seem to be indifferent about the new songs and the prospect of a new album. People are either excited and drooling at the prospect, or they want to get up on a soapbox and trash Axl Rose senseless. It's as though non-Axl fans would like nothing more than to see him fail.

I will categorize the anti-Axl folk into three categories:

(1) The old-school gunners -- The "If Slash isn't there, it's not GN'R" crowd.
(2) The Mullet-heads-Still stuck on the Crue and Ratt, most aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the brilliant Illusion albums.
(3) The Morrisey/Westerbeg crowd- These folks tend to post at the Velvet Rope. Elitist, pseudo intellectual types who regard "Chinese Democracy" as the "buttock 'Smile,'" Perhaps our greatest foe, these people tend to think that their shit doesn't stink and are perhaps the most vehemently Anti-Axl and self-righteous.

When "Chinese Democracy" drops, it's going to drop big-time. On all boards, everywhere, people are going to go nuts. I honestly predict it will be as divisive and heated as the 2004 American Presidential election.

All of this taken into consideration, the question is asked, what is the role of us, the few, the proud, the hard-core fans...What are we to do? How do we challenge and immobilize the people that want Axl to fail? Do we have a broad-reaching plan of action for all three above anti-Axl groups? Or do we have a special strategy for each?

Why should we care? What is the point of standing up for Axl? I will tell you. While most music/rock fans have strong opinions, the media, which will influence the general public, are up for grabs. The media must know that Axl Rose is supported, which will help the band in the long-run. We must let it be known that we like "Chinese Democracy," and we must yell louder than the anti-Axl contingent, because they will yell very loud indeed.

GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind...

Discuss...   

? Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:14:24 AM by RichardNixon ? 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »

Have you seen what people post over at Sludge? The most asinine, insipid threads. Who cares if Axl's Army makes a little noise? And maybe some people here find the negativity of others "annoying" but we tolerate it because people should feel free to be vocal about how they feel.

negativity, that must be me... ?hihi ?I may be negative but I'llbe the most realistic man you'll ever meet... I won't go ape shit insulting someone or wanting to harm them because they didn't like a song I do.... ?There's all different time periods of gnr history, so no one will fully agree.. I was speaking of people going to rock sites and just starting tons of axl rose threads about the same basic topics which might annoy others.. This forum promotes respect, sludge doesn't..
RichardNixon
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »

sure ya didn't? ok

As promised:

I like big butts and I cannot lie
Legend

Here Today...

? ? ?The psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and how to fight them.
? on: February 26, 2006, 07:09:11 AM ?? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings all:

I would like to take a moment to discuss the psychological makeup of the Axl Rose haters and then, as a community, how we, as loyal fans, can best combat them.

Your participation in this thread would be most appreciated. Whether you be a newbie, or a veteran. Now let us begin.

Axl Rose is unique in the fact that he is both equally loved and reviled more passionately then almost anyone else. People familiar with Mr. Rose either love him or hate him. To his loyal fans, he is an almost messianic, Christlike tortured genius. To his detractors he is a woman-beating, homophobic, petty dictator (AMG). While some fans do see the gray and acknowledge both his good and bad points, in the end, people usually either strongly like, or dislike Axl Rose. As of this writing it's been nearly 15 years since GN'R released their last studio album, yet when demos were leaked on the net, it was as though the Chinese were invading. All over the Internet and across the US where the songs were previewed on the radio, fans/non-fans weighed in with their two cents. A decade and a half later, people are eager to voice their opinion.

Few rock/music fans seem to be indifferent about the new songs and the prospect of a new album. People are either excited and drooling at the prospect, or they want to get up on a soapbox and trash Axl Rose senseless. It's as though non-Axl fans would like nothing more than to see him fail.

I will categorize the anti-Axl folk into three categories:

(1) The old-school gunners -- The "If Slash isn't there, it's not GN'R" crowd.
(2) The Mullet-heads-Still stuck on the Crue and Ratt, most aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the brilliant Illusion albums.
(3) The Morrisey/Westerbeg crowd- These folks tend to post at the Velvet Rope. Elitist, pseudo intellectual types who regard "Chinese Democracy" as the "buttock 'Smile,'" Perhaps our greatest foe, these people tend to think that their shit doesn't stink and are perhaps the most vehemently Anti-Axl and self-righteous.

When "Chinese Democracy" drops, it's going to drop big-time. On all boards, everywhere, people are going to go nuts. I honestly predict it will be as divisive and heated as the 2004 American Presidential election.

All of this taken into consideration, the question is asked, what is the role of us, the few, the proud, the hard-core fans...What are we to do? How do we challenge and immobilize the people that want Axl to fail? Do we have a broad-reaching plan of action for all three above anti-Axl groups? Or do we have a special strategy for each?

Why should we care? What is the point of standing up for Axl? I will tell you. While most music/rock fans have strong opinions, the media, which will influence the general public, are up for grabs. The media must know that Axl Rose is supported, which will help the band in the long-run. We must let it be known that we like "Chinese Democracy," and we must yell louder than the anti-Axl contingent, because they will yell very loud indeed.

GN'R/Axl fans, speak your mind...

Discuss...? ?

? Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:14:24 AM by RichardNixon ??

I'll say this before and I will say it again, I am all for standing up for Axl if he is being unfairly torn apart on other forums. If you actually took the time to read the post, you will see that.

If someone doesn't like the new album or the new songs, fine. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. But if people in here or any other boards hit Axl below the belt, they are sure as hell going to hear about it from me, although I will of course be civil about it, as I think all posters should be civil when expressing their POV.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2006, 06:07:38 PM »

This is rock n roll, not politics rofl

don't take it so serious hihi

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:16 PM »

negativity, that must be me... ?hihi ?I may be negative but I'llbe the most realistic man you'll ever meet... I won't go ape shit insulting someone or wanting to harm them because they didn't like a song I do.... ?There's all different time periods of gnr history, so no one will fully agree.. I was speaking of people going to rock sites and just starting tons of axl rose threads about the same basic topics which might annoy others.. This forum promotes respect, sludge doesn't..

"This forum promotes respect"

No shit? Where have I been.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2006, 06:10:25 PM »

I may be negative but I'llbe the most realistic man you'll ever meet...

Does that have to mean that you have to assume Axl is for blame for everything bad regarding GN'R?

That's how people like you come across.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »

Does that have to mean that you have to assume Axl is for blame for everything bad regarding GN'R?

/jarmo

I never felt that way more until gnr was over... The new verion to me shows a person that he might be the one who was most but not all to blame.. Others have showsn they can move on and enjoy playing.. Since axl has had the new band so far it's been pretty disasterous.. Lack of info, failed tour, no albums, clueless band members, years of MIA axl rose... The list can go on, point is axl is regardless of his talents seems to cause delays.. Maybe if he was different BH would still be there and rio 3 would have started the new beginning
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:45 PM »

Why do you think Axl didn't move on and enjoy what he's doing now?

To me it seems like he does what he wants to do without anybody telling him what to do and when.

He didn't play any shows in 2003-2005, maybe he didn't want to. He doesn't have to you know....

The sooner you start realizing he doesn't owe you shit, the better. Maybe it's time for you to move on?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2006, 06:23:50 PM »

/jarmo

I never felt that way more until gnr was over... The new verion to me shows a person that he might be the one who was most but not all to blame.. Others have showsn they can move on and enjoy playing.. Since axl has had the new band so far it's been pretty disasterous.. Lack of info, failed tour, no albums, clueless band members, years of MIA axl rose... The list can go on, point is axl is regardless of his talents seems to cause delays.. Maybe if he was different BH would still be there and rio 3 would have started the new beginning

4 out of the original 5 leaving doesn't mean anything.

Here's an analogy:

A boss whose a difficult nut to crack who happens to be great at his job and expects everone to be the same level, has 10 people working for him at any given time, and throughout the course of one full year, he has a 85% turnover ratio.  Who's to blame?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »

That's my opinion, you don't have to like it.. You asked and I said why.. ok
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »

/jarmo

Hey Mike. Are you a preejaculator too. Seems like you are jumping the gun again. If Chinese Democracy is Grade A, then the man is proven right. He had a vision and the means to realize this vision. Have you ever dreamed of something, then went on to create it. We will hopefully soon see this vision materialize.

But you know what? IF the leaks didnt make you a believer and drop this overly gaurded wall of negativity you have built up about Axl then maybe Jarmo is right. You should move on. I respect you man, but you may want to rethink where you choose to waste your time. The leaks I think have already proven Axl was right.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »

That's my opinion, you don't have to like it.. You asked and I said why.. ok

That's an easy way to get out of the discussion. But whatever....

Don't be surprised if you wonder why people think you don't fit in.

4 out of the original 5 leaving doesn't mean anything.

Oh wow, that's original. It's not 1990 anymore. The original band stopped existing almost 16 years ago.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: