Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New or Old?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New or Old?  (Read 5062 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »

I'd like to see a mixture of both personally, it wouldn't be a GNR show without scom or wttj. Unfortunately that's where the trouble lies with Axl keeping the GNR name, if he is going to call the band GNR then he will have to keep playing some of the oldies he has no real choice, if this was the Axl Rose solo project then he could play what the hell he likes really, just new tracks, covers or even Humpty Dumpty if he wants! As it is Axl is sort of obligated to play old tracks if he keeps the GNR name.

Personally I don't mind that because I think it would be a crime if the old guns tracks never graced a live audience in an arena again, so I hope he does play some old songs too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:50:16 PM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »

give me jungle scom and pc then change the rest..  Just a few to keep some band history
godiva
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 04:59:19 PM »

I also feel they should put a strong emphasis on the new material, which will be difficult till the album is out and we had a couple of singles. People like to hear songs they are familiar with. To the die-hard fans CITR, Better, TWAT, IRS, Maddy, Blues etc aren't really NEW anymore. We heard them, we know them. But on a festival crowd, with loads of people who are NOT die-hard GNr fans it would be difficult to keep a strong vibe with all songs they do not know. People like to sing along, don't they? So I think we will hear old and new material (50/50?) till the album is out, music videos are played and the songs got some air time on the radio. After that, a couple of old songs for those good ole times, rest new stuff. Just my two cents, hope I made sense...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »

Just have a damn album out before the tour starts and everyone can get as familiar with the music as they want... I never liked being at a concert having no clue what the song was.. A suprise is cool, but not loads of songs that I don't know..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 05:02:45 PM »

I'd like to see the majority of the songs being new. Atleast all ten new tracks we have heard, including Silkworms that so many people bitch about, that song is really cool. But I'm really looking forward to hear Better IRS and Catcher in the Rye live drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »

98% new songs maybe just one or two old songs like SCOM and WTTJ. Let the old songs rest in peace for now...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 05:31:22 PM »

I would be pissed if they didn't play the big 3 - jungle, paradise and Sweet child.  I could do without patience (but i think axl likes it b/c its easy on his voice - same with KHOD).  I do like hearing rocket queen and YCBM though.  the old songs rock, i could go to a show every night and hear those classics - what if the new songs suck? you want to hear them or some kick ass tunes that you totally love?  IF there is no new album out in Rio, i'd like to hear the blues, madagasar etc...along with 3-4 new songs.  the rest could be all AFD and i'd be happy.  those songs are still played live b/c they are still good. 

i can't think of a better song to open then WTTJ btw.  EVERY band should open with WTTJ! hahah

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jonathan
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »

maybe there will be another real pumped opener

If not the song Chinese Democracy will make a great gloomy opener. ok

I'd love to see them play 100% new songs.

Agreed.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 05:42:28 PM »

Chinese democracy might be completely different now then when you herd it like we cant say that until we herd it ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
McDuff
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »

Well sure it would be cool if they just played the new songs,but that won't happen because there are certain old songs that they will have to play,I mean since the band name is still Guns N' Roses there are songs that they will always have to play like Sweet Child O'Mine,Welcome To The Jungle,November Rain,Paradise City,ect.  smoking
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 06:08:06 PM »

yes so its sort of like they never broke up just a couple cast changes haha ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »

if cd isnt going to be put out well soon then they should record the rio show and put that cd out with the names of the new songs on it. That shhould be the pre-chinese dem until the real thing comes out and it could be used instead of a single. Put i know axl wont stop playing jungle pc and scom those were the top hit songs from gnr and he has every right to play them. But i reall think it would be a good i dea to play a ton of new shit at rio and put the cd out a week or two latter with the sound and volcal quality enhanced a bit. And i agree (w.who ever said it) I dont see wwtj being an opener anymore, just like i dont see many old songs to be played anymore. I just think it would be sweet to put the anti new gnr in their places and they can see what an amazing song writer he really is. I dont know theres always a small group that agree and a huge group that dont even know gnr is still around with new material and then they nash the fuck ou of you i was jsut curious to see what everyone thought.

Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »

they sort of did that before... im getting sick of live leaks . they suck  i see how everyone was excited then but im craving more studio  drool

- Stewie Griffin-
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 06:45:33 PM »

yea but im talking about an offical release by gnr with it remastered so you can actually hear axl and the songs.

Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 07:45:41 PM »

well then its been remastered but i can see your point ... I do not want another cover album again though

- Stewie Griffin-
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

Axl has no intention of denying us...................... something we wnjoy. It should be a heavily revolving set, a show completely different from the last one. Mix new and old, I want to hear Brownstone and Nightrain, everyone loves these songs why wouldn't GUNS N' ROSES play them?

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 08:09:50 PM »

I would love to hear the old ones but the new ones are priority in my opinion /\

- Stewie Griffin-
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »

Guns wouldnt play a lot of the old songs bc of the shit they get frm the media and the exbandmates. I know it sounds stupid but Axl probably feels like he has to prove to the media that the new band is just as good and can kick as much if not more ass as the old band did. Classic songs will always be played thats a fact unless they (slash and duff) find away to prevent him from doing so. But i cant wait for a show mainly because im so fucking excited to hear some more of the new tunes, i have to find a DC for my iBook so i can get the shows!

Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »

The new songs seem like real concert material and would be good live....... Better is an instant classic

- Stewie Griffin-
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »

Better or TWAT will be the over alll hit songs (inc. old songs), i mean they are both fucking amazing but to choose better would win. But you never know ther may be something better then Better but it will be one of their hits and i cant wait  to hear the studio version in my ituens it says played 450 times i must of had it on repeat one night when i left or something hihi

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: