Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the European Tour Almost Complete?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the European Tour Almost Complete?  (Read 8029 times)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »

They should add more UK dates, they had 3 UK dates in 2001.

But they played none of them. Tongue

They only had the two UK shows in 2002, Leeds and London Arena.

Someone posted about a London show on June 10th or 11th. I think it is safe to say they won't play in London on the 11th or a lot of people are gonna be pissed at having spent nearly ?150 for tickets to Donington. rofl

There was a piece in NME last week claiming that there are internet rumours about a London club show before Donington, but I can't really see that happening. Undecided

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2006, 01:23:48 PM »

zurich, moscow, kiev, athens and istanbul are left peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:28:33 PM by sl??sh » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 01:30:07 PM »

Yeah really. They have a lot of dates... the timing for the shows is good. The days are chunked like a real tour... screw management's word.

The Gn'R management is the worst management of all time. No debate there.

I think it's safe to say that we will see some Gn'R this summer. Come on.  rant

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »

No one has mentioned this, but do you think it is possible that the European tour could segway into an Asian/Australian tour? ?Last time around (2002), didn't they play a few dats in Asia? ?I think there would be a chance of this before a US tour anyway.

Also, is there a reason why everyone is so sure we won't have dates in Europe after early July? ?

CC

Charity,
  It's know this has been discussed...I'm just not sure which forums those threads were on.

For what it's worth, I think that's exactly the plan.  Asia and Australia next.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »

They should add more UK dates, they had 3 UK dates in 2001.

I agree with that ?peace.

Looks like there is space for another date or 2 between 29th of June and the 5th of July and who knows maybe they have dates lined up after the final Helsinki show??

I don't think you're going to get any more UK dates.  I suppose it remains possible...

Together again,
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:22 PM »

Yeah I remember other shows being confirmed too.. Remember those.. They kinda didnt happen. Axl Rose isnt the best at keeping his word. Something official from the fucker would be nice tho..

Does anyone remember when the Axl interview with Del James (I think it was on a plane) was released and put on GNRONLINE.COM? Wasn't it right before the 2002 tour started?

That was his last real "official statement".

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 01:38:21 PM »

Yeah I remember other shows being confirmed too.. Remember those.. They kinda didnt happen. Axl Rose isnt the best at keeping his word. Something official from the fucker would be nice tho..

Does anyone remember when the Axl interview with Del James (I think it was on a plane) was released and put on GNRONLINE.COM? Wasn't it right before the 2002 tour started?

That was his last real "official statement".

I think it was posted as PART of the tour announcement...at the same time the dates were put up.

And really, his last official statement was the Buckethead leaving/Cancelling Rock in Rio PR. 

Together again,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

Classic, it doesn't add anything to the topic because it has been said a 1000 times. Believe me, the statement issue bugs the shit out of me as well. However, I don't have to bring it up everytime I post. I wise man once said "when I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?" ?Kiss You guys act like the more you say it, then the more it has relevance. Let me clue you in to something, Axl doesn't give a shit what you think or he would have changed a long time ago. That is reality my friend.

Typically when concert dates are announced by a band, the band makes the announcement ok

Sorry to piss on your parade and blind devotion to the man, but, given the bands past history and track record since the new inception of the band is less than relieable; I think people have every right to be skeptical about these dates.

Sorry if you disagree, but some people don't have the blind trust and faith in the band that you and others do. ?And to state so on a fan board is well within their rights as is it is yours. ?Just because you opinion differs, doesn't make it more or less valid than the skeptics.

And personally, I could care less if Axl doesn't give a shit what I or anyone else thinks. ?Because I feel much the same. ?I'm a fan of the man's music, nothing else.

madagas
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »

Show me where I disagreed with anything you said...you are assuming an awful lot hot shot. You don't know me from Adam. ok
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 02:00:45 PM »

Day in and day out the ignorance of the Gnr fanbase just blows me away........ hihi You guys that are so negative every single post and every single day just need to go find a new band. This one (the "new gnr") is not for you. Please do everybody who is interested a favor and just simply go away. Spamming every thread with the same negative bullshit is just disrespectful to people who want to discuss the current tour or whatever....every thread is not meant to go off on the band's management and Axl for the 2 millionth time. Grow the fuck up already and have a little bit of class. If you can't say something that adds to the topic, then don't say anything. Is it really that hard?Huh? rant

Goddamn, thank you! I was just about to say the same thing ok

To all those people who seem to be drooling at  the prospect of this whole thing falling apart, and who just think axl and merck suck for not giving you info at this time (even though dates are being booked-lots of em) if you really wanna stick it to them:

-never buy CD, a concert ticket, or any other guns-related stuff ever again-that simple! talk with your wallet. dont rehash the same tired stuff on messageboards-that isnt getting anyone anywhere. axl and merck aint gonna change now, whether we like it or not.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:56:13 PM by NickNasty06: Chinese Stew » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »

I think it's missing more in UK and at least one in greece...

in general it's a big tour but the big challenge will do the same in US, big shows, crowd and quick sold out...

but I think chinese democracy tour is on a good way: it'll sell a lot, gnr will be agian the greatest band in world and axl will shut mouth up of his enemies!!
 beer

are you ready?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »

Great rant Magadas.  ok

Some people here should realise their indecent insults and boring and negative off topics don't belong in here.
there's a thread for it in the deadhorse section. It's called the frustration thread. Go post there.

but do you think it is possible that the European tour could segway into an Asian/Australian tour?  Last time around (2002), didn't they play a few dats in Asia?  I think there would be a chance of this before a US tour anyway.

in August? It seems that most big festivals are held during summer holidays there, when it's sweltering hot.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

Great rant Magadas.? ok

Some people here should realise their indecent insults and boring and negative off topics don't belong in here.
there's a thread for it in the deadhorse section. It's called the frustration thread. Go post there.

but do you think it is possible that the European tour could segway into an Asian/Australian tour?? Last time around (2002), didn't they play a few dats in Asia?? I think there would be a chance of this before a US tour anyway.

in August? It seems that most big festivals are held during summer holidays there, when it's sweltering hot.

but people are talking about there "European Tour"  which is new peace

if people are negative or skeptical of it coming off as scheduled, that is their perogative

it's not off topic, it's just a different opinion/perspective than the eternally optimistic fans ok

it's got nothing to do with frustration

to post here, does everyone have to think the album will be released and all 16 dates that have been announced

b/c if past history is any indication, there is reason to be wary peace
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 03:32:03 PM »

u know what I would love to see them here closer to my Country in canada lol  Cool

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 04:19:14 PM »

I think there's at least one gig to be announced.

My speculations:

28-30th of May                    Spain/Greece
5-8th of June                       Germany/England/France
30th of june-4th of July       Nederlands/Germany/Estonia

I'm not saying they will play all of the above, maybe 1-4 of them.

And perfect day to release CD would be 30th of May.  hihi
(Yes, it's tuesday, but many times recently some big names have dropped their album on wednesday here in Europe)

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »

I think there's at least one gig to be announced.

My speculations:

28-30th of May                    Spain/Greece
5-8th of June                       Germany/England/France
30th of june-4th of July       Nederlands/Germany/Estonia

Don't think they're gonna play Germany again 5-8th of June, but a England-concert seems more likely!

I think a Spain concert 28-30th of May and a England/UK concert 5-8th of June is possible. ok

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »

For what it's worth.

I don't see them playing in Greece.

Many talks but no result.

The promoters here don't seem to think that GN'R can get big crowds.

Hopefully this will change after a 5th sold out show in Paris and they'll try to close the deal ASAP...

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2006, 06:36:22 PM »

well then they'll be kicking themselves saying why didnt you invite them to play.

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »

I'll see them 2 or 3 times for sure.

But it's really bad for the Greek fans and there are lots of them.

GN'R have many fans in Greece but the promoters sometimes are too thick headed...

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2006, 07:32:50 PM »

Would you guys stop complaining about GNR's management like your a manager yourself.? If management replied to every little rumor, statement, showing, siting, song, show, etc.. they would be making statements every day.

Did you guys ever think about this?? When they are done booking tour dates, they will give an announcement.?  Cheesy

You guys are all just losing your cool because the album hasn't dropped yet.? When there is something to say, they will say it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:35:17 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: