Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the European Tour Almost Complete?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the European Tour Almost Complete?  (Read 8026 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: March 20, 2006, 12:16:48 PM »

With the long-rumored Rock AM Ring performance booked and the Hungary show, there's 16 dates confirmed (although ZERO confirmed by management):

* Rock in Rio V - May 27th (Lisboa, Portugal)
    * Budapest Sportar?na - May 31st (Budapest, Hungary)
    * Rock Am Ring - June 3rd (N?rburgring, Germany)
    * Gods of Metal Festival - June 4th (Milan, Italy)
    * RDS Arena - June 9th (Dublin, Ireland)
    * Download Festival - June 11th (Donnington, England)
    * Sazka Arena - June 13th (Prague, Czech Republic)
    * Legia Stadium - June 15th (Warsaw, Poland)
    * Nova Rock Festival - June 17th (Burgenland, Austria)
    * Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy - June 20th (Paris, France)
    * Graspop Metal Meeting - June 24th (Dessel, Belgium)
    * Globen Arena - June 26th (Stockholm, Sweden)
    * Oslo Spektrum - June 28th (Oslo, Norway)
    * Roskilde Festival - June 29th (Roskilde, Denmark)
    * Hartwall Arena - July 5th (Helsinki, Finland)
    * Hartwall Arena - July 6th (Helsinki, Finland)

Anyone else thinking we might not be seeing anymore dates, or at most just a couple? What are we missing here... Greece perhaps. Maybe Switzerland. There's the rumored Spanish date(s) that will probably happen I think (at least one). After that it's Eastern European countries... are GNR all that popular there?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 12:24:28 PM »

I think the 0 shows confirmed by management is the most important number mentioned

if they don;t show, they can say it was never confirmed by management and they had np idea they were supposed to play
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses songs from CD leak and then they set up sixteen tour dates.. No official word from Axl or Merck. Im so surprised.. Its the same old shit all the time.. I'm starting to have my doubts that 2002 and 2006 will be similiar years for Rose.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »

Theres more dates to come supposidely. Ones in Spain, Greece and at least one solo show in Germany. Probably even more that we dont know about yet as well.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:29:21 PM »

I think the 0 shows confirmed by management is the most important number mentioned

if they don;t show, they can say it was never confirmed by management and they had np idea they were supposed to play

That's the old ace in the hole..
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

i hope they come to greece Roll Eyes

homo homini lupus...
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 12:33:35 PM »

Sorry, I think this argument fails for one main reason.   We have direct quotes from Axl in regards to Donnington.  (And I believe Rio, as well?)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »

actually Merck has confirmed some shows to people via email. Axl also confirmed guns will be at download. These shows are not gonna be cancelled, you can bet your last dollar on that one.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »

Yeah I remember other shows being confirmed too.. Remember those.. They kinda didnt happen. Axl Rose isnt the best at keeping his word. Something official from the fucker would be nice tho..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »

actually Merck has confirmed some shows to people via email. Axl also confirmed guns will be at download. These shows are not gonna be cancelled, you can bet your last dollar on that one.
never knew, is gnr's official site updated with the shows and links to buy tickets??

I am suprised mtv news (the show) hasn't said gnr is back or whatever but starting europe..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:40:57 PM »

you can bey yours ok

I'll hold onto mine Grin

Last time around Axl's attendance rate was 42.5% of the shows (that's the number they played)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

Theres more dates to come supposidely. Ones in Spain, Greece and at least one solo show in Germany. Probably even more that we dont know about yet as well.

so there are plans of a gnr single date in germany now???

what do you know about that?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »

Sorry, I think this argument fails for one main reason.? ?We have direct quotes from Axl in regards to Donnington.? (And I believe Rio, as well?)

-darknemus

Point taken. But, there is a real arrogance with which Axl and Merck approach business and GNR fans in particular. They basically take it for granted that we will turn out in droves and turn over our hard earned money at the mere suggestion of a new album. The quote of which you are speaking is from a local news outlet, and the other communications are e-mails to individual fans with high-level access. This hardly is the communication of which we are seeking. Let's go over it again:

- Press Release with tour dates and date of CD release
- New web-site with regular updates
- Maybe a real interview (not catch you in the corner at a party) with MTV, Rolling Stone, Howard Stern . . . New York Times ?hihi

You don't need to go to Harvard Business School to figure this out. ?I basicly have come to the conclusion that Axl and Merck lack the confidence in the quality of their product or their ability to deliver it. How else could you interpret it?
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »

I actually interpret it as they're waiting for finalization on these European tour dates so that they can put everything in one tidy press release.

Also  - the Axl comments weren't from a local news outlet.. weren't they directly from the Donnington / Download promoters?

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 12:45:57 PM »

Sorry, I think this argument fails for one main reason.? ?We have direct quotes from Axl in regards to Donnington.? (And I believe Rio, as well?)

-darknemus

Point taken. But, there is a real arrogance with which Axl and Merck approach business and GNR fans in particular. They basically take it for granted that we will turn out in droves and turn over our hard earned money at the mere suggestion of a new album. The quote of which you are speaking is from a local news outlet, and the other communications are e-mails to individual fans with high-level access. This hardly is the communication of which we are seeking. Let's go over it again:

- Press Release with tour dates and date of CD release
- New web-site with regular updates
- Maybe a real interview (not catch you in the corner at a party) with MTV, Rolling Stone, Howard Stern . . . New York Times ?hihi

You don't need to go to Harvard Business School to figure this out. ?I basicly have come to the conclusion that Axl and Merck lack the confidence in the quality of their product or their ability to deliver it. How else could you interpret it?

I agree with everything you said 1000%
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »

so there are plans of a gnr single date in germany now???

what do you know about that?

I believe there are plans for one, but as of right now I don't know whether it's going to happen or not. I guess we'll probably find out by the end of the week if it's going to happen or not.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:48:10 PM »

I actually interpret it as they're waiting for finalization on these European tour dates so that they can put everything in one tidy press release.

Also  - the Axl comments weren't from a local news outlet.. weren't they directly from the Donnington / Download promoters?

-darknemus

We got to remember it's Axl Rose and he could not show up or show up anywhere.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 12:48:28 PM »

Also? - the Axl comments weren't from a local news outlet.. weren't they directly from the Donnington / Download promoters?

-darknemus

How come there is always an answer to why everything is taking so long..? Is it going to kill to say the album is coming out in whatever month or the single they chose was whatever..? I mean what the fuck is the problem with being a little up front with the fands before they start buying tickets? it's like axl does whatever and the rest just walk around in the clouds wating for him.. I think it sucks how the fans are treated, you can sit there and make excuses for axl all day long..
el roberto
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 12:51:17 PM »

GNR could come to at least one of three Baltic States (Eastern Europe). It's not that I'm the only fan from that region  Grin
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

-darknemus

How come there is always an answer to why everything is taking so long..? Is it going to kill to say the album is coming out in whatever month or the single they chose was whatever..? I mean what the fuck is the problem with being a little up front with the fands before they start buying tickets? it's like axl does whatever and the rest just walk around in the clouds wating for him.. I think it sucks how the fans are treated, you can sit there and make excuses for axl all day long..

Exactly. Greatly put. Its time the fans who have waited and waited.. And put up with all the bullshit rumors, cancelled shows, no shows, and lack of information to get something back.. Why push away your target audience with lack of information.. So many Guns fans who aren't int he loop could find out about Axl's new material if there was a little press action behind it.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: