Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proving grounds ...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proving grounds ...  (Read 3200 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« on: March 20, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »

I think all these shows in europe this summer are obviously being done so that axl/gnr can prove to american promoters that they are willing to commit to a tour and it's safe to take a chance on them back in the states.

The fans from europe are very loyal to axl , no matter who he has on stage with him , plus the festivals will have big crowds regardless because of the other bands , so it's not like he's taking a risk of half empty arenas or being booed off the stage.

So yeah , IMHO , this shows overseas are axl's way of saying , look , i'm back , i'm ready to commit to this thing again ... watch me take over europe and make money for the promoters over here and now gimme a chance to do the same for you back in the states.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »

no i don`t think so.....mabye in parts...

but the new gnr planned to do their frst tour in europe as well in 2001....and they didn`t need to convince any american promoters of their ability to manage a tour at that time... ok

it`s a different thing in 2006 after the north america disaster, but the main reason is, that there are lots of people how want to see gnr here...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »

i believe US dates will be confirmed before the RIR show

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »

i believe US dates will be confirmed before the RIR show

I wonder who would back a NA tour as of now?! Certainly not CC? Sure, with a hot new album OUT and climbing the charts with a red hot single , I'm sure somebody would back em , but no album , no single , the 2002 failure?! Who would take a chance?

From what I've heard , CC was losing money hand over fist every show of 2002.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:47 AM »

If they do North American dates, they must keep it to major cities.  Chicago, Miami, LA, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Boston, Phoenix, etc.  They should limit the tour to about eight dates initially in North America--to guarantee they sell out, and have huge crowds!  A huge, late August, outdoor event somewhere in the U.S., with quite a few other bands on the bill, would be fantastic!! Let the Gunners travel from all over the states to a huge event!!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »

I hope they do a show somewhere in Salt Lake City or Las Vegas or something like that just so I can go.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »

he's doing european dates because he know it's an easy sell.. he doesn't need an album ,new music or anything and he can still play the shows without worries... He definetly needs to prove to promoters here he isn't going to wig out
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 12:04:54 PM »

he's doing european dates because he know it's an easy sell.. he doesn't need an album ,new music or anything and he can still play the shows without worries... He definetly needs to prove to promoters here he isn't going to wig out

It's not as easy as you seem to make it seem.  Roll Eyes

For example, in 2001 they didn't sell out Globen in Stockholm, Sweden.

If it was so easy, why are bands still playing clubs and theatres?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »

It's not as easy as you seem to make it seem.? Roll Eyes

For example, in 2001 they didn't sell out Globen in Stockholm, Sweden.

If it was so easy, why are bands still playing clubs and theatres?? Tongue

/jarmo

gnr was a global success, they are just playing off the tremendous success of the past.. No album, no new music, no official lineup, etc.. What else is selling these tickets besides the fact it says GNR to play whatever.. Those other people are playing whatever because they never made it massive globaly and kept the popularity the gnr name did..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

I think Saul is 100% correct.  This tour serves several purposes, perhaps the most important purpose being to prove to American Tour promoters that they can tour successfully and worth being promoted.  No disrespect to European audiences or anything, but being able to tour North America is of the utmost importance if this album and band are to be successful. 

I hope that for their first tour of the States, they stick to more theatres, instead of going for arenas.  The next go-around in the States can be in arenas if the first time around goes well.

Ali
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »

I think Saul is 100% correct.? This tour serves several purposes, perhaps the most important purpose being to prove to American Tour promoters that they can tour successfully and worth being promoted.? No disrespect to European audiences or anything, but being able to tour North America is of the utmost importance if this album and band are to be successful.?

I hope that for their first tour of the States, they stick to more theatres, instead of going for arenas.? The next go-around in the States can be in arenas if the first time around goes well.

Ali

na, I think the gnr following is big enough to stay with arenas.. They can't be playing 2-5 thousand seaters... Maybe in the midwest, but not major places like NYC or LA
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 12:23:08 PM »

I think Saul is 100% correct.? This tour serves several purposes, perhaps the most important purpose being to prove to American Tour promoters that they can tour successfully and worth being promoted.? No disrespect to European audiences or anything, but being able to tour North America is of the utmost importance if this album and band are to be successful.?

I hope that for their first tour of the States, they stick to more theatres, instead of going for arenas.? The next go-around in the States can be in arenas if the first time around goes well.

Ali

they couldn't do smaller theatre venues because all the musicians that are in the band now couldn't fit on the stage hihi
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »

I think Saul is 100% correct.  This tour serves several purposes, perhaps the most important purpose being to prove to American Tour promoters that they can tour successfully and worth being promoted.  No disrespect to European audiences or anything, but being able to tour North America is of the utmost importance if this album and band are to be successful. 

I hope that for their first tour of the States, they stick to more theatres, instead of going for arenas.  The next go-around in the States can be in arenas if the first time around goes well.

Ali

I think maybe doing some unannounced club shows would be a great/cool way to generate some buzz, especially if those shows went off great, like a house of blues or viper room type show.  But if he comes to a major city, hes gotta play to a major crowd and sell out a 20k arena.

After reading more about the Philly show, I really don't think it was the bands fault there was a riot....it seems that the arena didn't announce that the band wasn't going to show up when they KNEW they weren't going to hours before they finally did...this allowed people to sit there and get pissed and most of all, to drink their faces off and get fired up.  the security seemed non existant.  If axl tells philly that hes not showing up, isn't it their job to convey the mesage?  just my two cents on 2002.

but i do think you'll need an album release in order to have a promoter and a successful tour in NA.  Its a good sign that the euro shows are selling though.

I hope he doesn't pull an MJ and only cater to his non US fans  nervous

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »

Ali

they couldn't do smaller theatre venues because all the musicians that are in the band now couldn't fit on the stage hihi
that made me laugh.... be more people onstage then at the gig rofl  We're only taking in 25 people tonight, we need room for the piano bongos, & keyboards
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 12:32:11 PM »

Ali

that made me laugh.... be more people onstage then at the gig rofl? We're only taking in 25 people tonight, we need room for the piano bongos, & keyboards

a far cry from the early days...
but I agree, they should set thier sights on smaller venues.  That way the real FANS enjoy the show!  I personally LOVE small clubs, but even theaters would work (either way, I'm front row baby!)...
I HATE stadiums (unless of course I'm first 5 rows)...but from what I understand, Axl always links sucess=big shows....

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »

Ali

Just my 2 cents on the Philly show; I heard the band was there, AXL was in NYC, and from what I understand, either 93.3 or 94.1 reported that Axl was still in NYC; and people that knew people at the show were calling them and telling them this. ?It was 4 years ago so I don't remember all the details. ?Just that I remember alot of people were saying Axl's not showing and they were gonna tear the place up.

I think maybe doing some unannounced club shows would be a great/cool way to generate some buzz, especially if those shows went off great, like a house of blues or viper room type show.? But if he comes to a major city, hes gotta play to a major crowd and sell out a 20k arena.

After reading more about the Philly show, I really don't think it was the bands fault there was a riot....it seems that the arena didn't announce that the band wasn't going to show up when they KNEW they weren't going to hours before they finally did...this allowed people to sit there and get pissed and most of all, to drink their faces off and get fired up.? the security seemed non existant.? If axl tells philly that hes not showing up, isn't it their job to convey the mesage?? just my two cents on 2002.

but i do think you'll need an album release in order to have a promoter and a successful tour in NA.? Its a good sign that the euro shows are selling though.

I hope he doesn't pull an MJ and only cater to his non US fans? nervous
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:09 PM »

Ali

that made me laugh.... be more people onstage then at the gig rofl? We're only taking in 25 people tonight, we need room for the piano bongos, & keyboards

but I agree, they should set thier sights on smaller venues.? That way the real FANS enjoy the show!? I personally LOVE small clubs, but even theaters would work (either way, I'm front row baby!)...
I HATE stadiums (unless of course I'm first 5 rows)...but from what I understand, Axl always links sucess=big shows....

big venues = plenty of open seats
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:58 PM »

Ali

but I agree, they should set thier sights on smaller venues.? That way the real FANS enjoy the show!? I personally LOVE small clubs, but even theaters would work (either way, I'm front row baby!)...

No questions the smaller gig is great, when I saw vr in a club it was awesome... ?New guns would have to be stripped down to play the smaller venues like say the ritz.. Otherwise you'll have to have like a tag match where only certain guys can be in at once
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »

Ali

No questions the smaller gig is great, when I saw vr in a club it was awesome... ?New guns would have to be stripped down to play the smaller venues like say the ritz.. Otherwise you'll have to have like a tag match where only certain guys can be in at once

would that prevent Pittman from getting on stage rofl
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »

I just think it would be safer to tour 5-6,000 seaters at first, play great shows, develop a huge buzz, and then do arenas on the next go-around.  Of course, this is dependent on how successful the album is when they hit the states.  If the album is going over well, then they can play bigger venues.

Ali
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: