Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  use your illusion 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: use your illusion 1  (Read 18620 times)
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 10:22:37 AM »

somethin i noticed is when you listen to a whole UYI album,its like a journey.
its sometimes fast,
its sometimes slow,
its sometimes high,
its sometimes low,
its sometimes easy,
its sometimes hard,
its sometimes near,
its sometimes far.
but in the end we all get to the same fukin place

soz just turned that into a nice tune in my head as i was typin......now wheres my guitar quick ?ok

that was actually not bad dude, go get your guitar, and make a copyright as well !

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 10:31:23 AM »

Yea I hear ya Mike. ?There are plenty of fillers on II as well as a few on I. ?If UYI was just one album with the mentioned fillers left out I believe it would rank right up there with AFD. ?

That is a common thing people say. But when you give a 100 fans the task of cropping UYI into one 74-minute cd, you'll get about 100 different tracklists. Who's tracklist is right? Who is to say which songs belong there and which don't when everybody has their own favorites? Besides, even one person's likes and dislikes keep changing from time to time, depending on what mood he is and everything. That "a lot of something for everyone" attitude makes UYI such a great record as it is.

well if you release thirty songs some are about to be liked hihi

i think certain songs would be consistent as pics... civil war, ycbm, breakdown, november rain, coma, dtj, perfect crime...

I agree, there are 6-8 songs on UYI that would be certs on a single UYI cd but after that most fans have varied opinions of what is filler and what isn't on UYI. You have mentioned DTJ and perfect crime both as non filler but I honestly don't think either of those songs are that good on UYI 1 particularly DTJ (although I do like DTJ when they played it live) and then you mention that Bad Apples and Back off Bitch are filler and I really like both of them. It's interesting because most fans seem to agree UYI have plenty of filler but then disagree on what that filler actually is ?peace

I think of the 2 UYI albums UYI 1 is the poorer of the 2 mainly because it contains more of what I feel are filler tracks e.g. You Aint the First, DTJ and Bad Obsession.

If you combined the last 7 songs of UYI 1 and the first and ?last few songs from UYI 2 (excluding MY World and So fine) you would have one of the greatest albums of all time IMO.
 ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:34:03 AM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »

somethin i noticed is when you listen to a whole UYI album,its like a journey.
its sometimes fast,
its sometimes slow,
its sometimes high,
its sometimes low,
its sometimes easy,
its sometimes hard,
its sometimes near,
its sometimes far.
but in the end we all get to the same fukin place

soz just turned that into a nice tune in my head as i was typin......now wheres my guitar quick ?ok

that was actually not bad dude, go get your guitar, and make a copyright as well !
im just putting a new set of ernie balls on my axe right now.ill upload it when its recorded  hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 10:35:10 AM »

Yea I hear ya Mike. ?There are plenty of fillers on II as well as a few on I. ?If UYI was just one album with the mentioned fillers left out I believe it would rank right up there with AFD. ?

That is a common thing people say. But when you give a 100 fans the task of cropping UYI into one 74-minute cd, you'll get about 100 different tracklists. Who's tracklist is right? Who is to say which songs belong there and which don't when everybody has their own favorites? Besides, even one person's likes and dislikes keep changing from time to time, depending on what mood he is and everything. That "a lot of something for everyone" attitude makes UYI such a great record as it is.

i think certain songs would be consistent as pics... civil war, ycbm, breakdown, november rain, coma, dtj, perfect crime...

I agree, there are 6-8 songs on UYI that would be certs on a single UYI cd but after that most fans have varied opinions of what is filler and what isn't on UYI. You have mentioned DTJ and perfect crime both as non filler but I honestly don't think either of those songs are that good on UYI 1 particularly DTJ (although I do like DTJ when they played it live) and then you mention that Bad Apples and Back off Bitch are filler and I really like both of them. It's interesting because most fans seem to agree UYI have plenty of filler but then disagree on what that filler actually is ?peace

I think of the 2 UYI albums UYI 1 is the poorer of the 2 mainly because it contains more of what I feel are filler tracks e.g. You Aint the First, DTJ and Bad Obsession.

If you combined the last 7 songs of UYI 1 and the first and ?last few songs from UYI 2 (excluding MY World and So fine) you had have one of the greatest albums of all time IMO.
 ?

my opinion could change in a week... I just listened to uyi 1 for the fist time in years.. I had mixed cd's of my favorite tunes or listened to greatest hits for a while ,or mostly afd..

See on two I never like shotgun blues, I thought it was crappy..
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 10:37:25 AM »

TSI > Illusions.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »

If you combined the last 7 songs of UYI 1 and the first and ?last few songs from UYI 2 (excluding MY World and So fine) you had have one of the greatest albums of all time IMO.
 ?

my opinion could change in a week... I just listened to uyi 1 for the fist time in years.. I had mixed cd's of my favorite tunes or listened to greatest hits for a while ,or mostly afd..

See on two I never like shotgun blues, I thought it was crappy..
Yeh it's not an album I listen to all that much either really, I either listen to AFD or Live Era really. Live Era contains pretty much all my fav GNR tracks on an official cd with the added live feel, it's probably my fav GNR cd. ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Origen
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:45 AM »

It's a shame the Illusion stuff  doesn't get a quarter of the praise it should.

If they were conbined at the time it probably have been alot more iconic then having 2 album with half great stuff on and the rest "fillers".
RichardNixon
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:49 AM »

Does this topic not belong on the UYI thread on the "Dead Horse" section?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 10:46:43 AM »

what is it bothering you...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 10:46:52 AM »

TSI > Illusions.
man your funny

and i know my funny,bellend ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »

what is it bothering you...

No, just pointing it out.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 10:52:40 AM »

TSI > Illusions.
man your funny

"I know my funny" doesnt make sense, bellend ok

Stop trying to talk like me ok

TSI > Illusions, FACT not OPINION

I know my albums
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:31 AM »

TSI > Illusions.
man your funny

"I know my funny" doesnt make sense, bellend ok

Stop trying to talk like me ok

TSI > Illusions, FACT not OPINION

I know my albums
explain

grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »

TSI succeeds greatly for what it is.

Illusion albums fail miserably for what they try to be, which lets face it, UYI tries to be the greatest album since the white album, which results in a shockingly embarrassing bloated monstrous album. A great failure. People keep saying "it would be one of the best albums if it was one album" too bad, its not one album.

anyone who cant see this epitomises the word bellend.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 11:05:48 AM »

TSI succeeds greatly for what it is.

Illusion albums fail miserably for what they try to be, which lets face it, UYI tries to be the greatest album since the white album, which results in a shockingly embarrassing bloated monstrous album. A great failure. People keep saying "it would be one of the best albums if it was one album" too bad, its not one album.

anyone who cant see this epitomises the word bellend.
right so TSI has the success that UYI should of had but on a smaller scale

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 11:13:30 AM »

For me, it is the greatest albums of all time.  Sorry, I don't care what Mikegulliana says.  He is real negative about everything though.  I feel bad for him.  Negativity is a disease.

Ritz Reeves III
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 11:16:15 AM »

For me, it is the greatest albums of all time.? Sorry, I don't care what Mikegulliana says.? He is real negative about everything though.? I feel bad for him.? Negativity is a disease.
its not negativity m8.its an opinion  peace

RichardNixon
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »

I feel that a lot of GN'R best material is buried on the second half of each Illusion disc. Songs like "Dead Horse, 'The Garden," "Locomotive" and "Pretty Tied Up" are real gems.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »

I like the Illusions! ?To me, TSI was a disaster. ?Just listening to the tracks showed me that the band was on the brink of breaking up. ?With the Illusions, it was more of a big bang epic. ?Their last creative masterpiece. ?I don't know if GNR was trying to outdo the White Album, cause that's pretty impossible. ?To me, there isn't much filler on the albums at all. ?Some of the rants are kinda foolish and immature sounding when you look back, especially when you compare them to the likes of Estranged and November Rain. ?The only track that I would consider complete filler is Axl's "My World." ?However, had that track been released as a single in 98 or 99, it probably would've been a hit. ?It was way before its time and all. ?Of course, the music scene in 98 and 99 was horrible, so that would explain a lot if My World could've had commercial success.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 11:26:22 AM »

I feel that a lot of GN'R best material is buried on the second half of each Illusion disc. Songs like "Dead Horse, 'The Garden," "Locomotive" and "Pretty Tied Up" are real gems.

Totally agree Don't Damn Me, Dead Horse, Bad Apples and The Garden are some of GNRs underrated masterpieces, they tend to get overlooked as they are sandwiched between NR and Coma.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: