Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SETLIST - when do we know it?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SETLIST - when do we know it?  (Read 2498 times)
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 20, 2006, 07:08:49 AM »

When do we know the setlist for the 2006 tour? Is it weeks before the show, days before show OR you will just know it on that day when the show's on???

I didn't pay attention for the 2002 tour. Did AXL reveal the setlist before they gone on tour??

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »

Pretty much when you get there. Although in 2002 you pretty much knew what it was going to be if you kept up to date with the previous shows. I think this tour will be much more varied. With more new songs, he can cut out a few more old ones and pick or choose which old ones they play each night.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:15:16 AM »

honestly I hope axl and the band does a sit down interview in rio a few days before the show to answer every question

Plans after europe, first single to be released, video if one is needed, when cd is coming out, what the hold up was all these years, did they find a replacement for BH, was cd supposed to come out sooner, if buckethead stayed and they played the past rio would that have been teh first show of many kind of like teh rio 2 launch??
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 07:18:19 AM »

honestly I hope axl and the band does a sit down interview in rio a few days before the show to answer every question

Plans after europe, first single to be released, video if one is needed, when cd is coming out, what the hold up was all these years, did they find a replacement for BH, was cd supposed to come out sooner, if buckethead stayed and they played the past rio would that have been teh first show of many kind of like teh rio 2 launch??

Maybe we'll get a lot of those answers on stage  ok

I think Axl will interview after the first round of shows and when an album is announced.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:20:33 AM »

Maybe we'll get a lot of those answers on stage? ok

I think Axl will interview after the first round of shows and when an album is announced.

there is no way he will play rio and not say something... I just never seen axl n the band in a casual setting just like almost any band does.. To me that is almost as interesting as the show itself..  Nice interview just hanging out shooting the shit smoking
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »

Maybe we'll get a lot of those answers on stage? ok

there is no way he will play rio and not say something... I just never seen axl n the band in a casual setting just like almost any band does.. To me that is almost as interesting as the show itself..? Nice interview just hanging out shooting the shit smoking

That would be cool. It has been a long time since that long pre-Illusions Kurt Loder interview he did for example.

But yeah we'll definately hear from Axl on stage like at RIR3.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:18 AM »

Just found this in my hotmail account::

Dublin RDS 06/09/06

Somewhere over the rainbow
hit me baby one more time
genie in a bottle

RANT AT SLASH TSHIRT GUY

My name is...
Enter sandman

Throw micraphone at some prick giving me the finger

Leave in the huff, and let riot begin

sorry, i couldnt resist doing that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »

When do we know the setlist for the 2006 tour? Is it weeks before the show, days before show OR you will just know it on that day when the show's on???

I didn't pay attention for the 2002 tour. Did AXL reveal the setlist before they gone on tour??

When they play it....

Smiley

GnR has always been pretty fast and loose with thier "set list".  Not AS much in '02, but certainly a lot prior to that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »

Just found this in my hotmail account::

Dublin RDS 06/09/06

Somewhere over the rainbow
hit me baby one more time
genie in a bottle

RANT AT SLASH TSHIRT GUY

My name is...
Enter sandman

Throw micraphone at some prick giving me the finger

Leave in the huff, and let riot begin

sorry, i couldnt resist doing that.

You forgot the Nickelback musical montage....

Together again,
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »

When they play it....

Smiley

Agreed. ?I don't know of any bands that release their set list before a show. ?That would take away from the excitement.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 11:48:52 AM »

I hope not (sorry all Brazilian fans)!

They're not going to Rio De Janeiro in Brazil, they're going to play in Lisbon, Portugal!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

They're not going to Rio De Janeiro in Brazil, they're going to play in Lisbon, Portugal!

/jarmo

yeah   they could do that interview in lisbon hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »

/jarmo

yes my fuck up..  hihi Don't know why I forget where it's being played
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »

Axl will give all the answers and all the info you want to know on stage. Don't forget that he knows the world will be watching him. The beginning of the tour at RIR was not a coincidence, it was a choice.
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »

As for the interviews, judging for the extensive TV coverage that RIR 2004 had, I'm pretty sure that Axl will give some words to portuguese TV. All the bands did that, back then, but you never know uncle Axl...  hihi
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

The world wont be watching.. Lets face it.. Axl Rose isn't going to draw that much attention until he is promoted and the CD has a date.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »

The world wont be watching.. Lets face it.. Axl Rose isn't going to draw that much attention until he is promoted and the CD has a date.

The world WILL be watching by satellite broadcast. That's what I meant
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 01:48:25 PM »

I'm going to be really pissed off if this tour comes and goes and we don't get a serious interview from Axl, with answers to the questions we really want to know (album release date, what took so long, about the old band etc.). Rants on stage are cool and give us some info, but these are basically geared to get a cheer from the crowd and are not the same as a sit-down interview were an interviewer can ask follow-up questions.

Some of the radio interviews Axl did in 2002 were good, but seemed largely scripted in that it seemed like the interviewer had been told before hand what questions to ask and what questions not to ask. I hope Axl has the balls to allow someone to interview him in a nothing's off limits type of style.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 01:53:08 PM »

I'm going to be really pissed off if this tour comes and goes and we don't get a serious interview from Axl, with answers to the questions we really want to know (album release date, what took so long, about the old band etc.). Rants on stage are cool and give us some info, but these are basically geared to get a cheer from the crowd and are not the same as a sit-down interview were an interviewer can ask follow-up questions.

Some of the radio interviews Axl did in 2002 were good, but seemed largely scripted in that it seemed like the interviewer had been told before hand what questions to ask and what questions not to ask. I hope Axl has the balls to allow someone to interview him in a nothing's off limits type of style.

1) Release date, I think, we'll get before they play a single show.  That, along with the tour dates, and some other info, will hopefully be in a PR coming "soon".

2) What took so long?  I'm not sure you'll ever get a straight answer on that one.

3) Old band stuff?  I'm SURE you'll never get a straight answer on that one...especially while there is pending litigation between the two parties.  And, by straight answer, I mean a truthful one with all the information in it.

Together again,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

These shows MUST have newer songs. If they stick with the Blues, Maddy, CD, and Oh My God then I think we'll all die.

I would be happy with 10 old songs and 8 new ones per show... however they mix it up.

They gotta play Don't Cry, Sweet Child and Knockin On Heaven's Door though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: