Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans  (Read 24960 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2006, 07:57:28 AM »

to each his own.......

its ok not to like the new stuff. there's no accounting for taste ?hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2006, 07:59:45 AM »

can't people understand some people just don't like axl rose himself.. I knew gnr fans growing up that liked them musically but not axl's voice or personality....

We all diss other' people's band's new music so just accept the same..

I'm sure tons of crue fans loved if I die tomorrow, but gnr fans dissed it...  it was heavy with a radio friendly beat...

RichardNixon
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2006, 08:02:50 AM »

If one was to listen to "Chinese Democracy" as a finished product three times, with an objective ear, and conclude it isn't a good album--fine. But to dismiss a song that is a work in progress, with clear artistic merit, is asinine.

Did you ever listen to the Beatles Anthology CDs? A lot of those tracks remind of the new GN'R leaked material. Good songs with clear potential, but just the bare-bones of what would later be great songs.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:04:23 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2006, 08:06:40 AM »

If one was to listen to "Chinese Democracy" as a finished product three times, with an objective ear, and conclude it isn't a good album--fine. But to dismiss a song that is a work in progress, with clear artistic merit, is asinine.

Did you ever listen to the Beatles Anthology CDs? A lot of those tracks remind of the new GN'R leaked material. Good songs with clear potential, but just the bare-bones of what would later be great songs.

yes, but people who aren't in to the band beforehand have hear-say views of axl and the band. The don't give it the proper chance cause of that. Don't worry, allot of people will "love' them when cd is released and the people who dissed them will alter their opinion.

If there's one sheep who gets it to the other side more sheep will follow. It's always been like that.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2006, 08:07:30 AM »

If one was to listen to "Chinese Democracy" as a finished product three times, with an objective ear, and conclude it wasn't a good album--fine. But to dismiss a song that is a work in progress, with clear artistic merit, is asinine.

then let me ask you brother, would you say calling works in progress perfect tens?? I se it done heere all the time.. many people can give a short review based on samples.. If you post a 206 demo worth of music then I will evaluate what I heard...

I posted the three links on 3 different non music websites for honest feedback.. I can only expect someone's feelings on what I gave them,,,

Secondly man how many people will give a listen of 3 times of an entire album if it isn't their favorite bands??

I doubt every knock on contraband was sat their open minded and had three undisturbed listens like one would want with CD when it happens to come out.. people on;ly take interest and puit in the time when it's something they care about.. We give irs better or twat 45 listens each because we have interest, we want to get the full song in... Some casual asspipe from some other board who hasn;tt hought about gnr since 91 isn't going to do the same.. Can't blame him either, I wouldn't dare waste this much time with some links posted.
Origen
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »

I surf the web and briefly scan boards and I know that the reaction has been mixed. And the people who don't like the new songs are either (1) closed minded and wont accept anything without Slash, (2) are still listening to Motley Crue and Ratt and can't comprehend how a song could be over 4 minutes in length (3) are the Morrisey/Westerberg crowd, hate Axl, and will rip apart anything he does, simply because they are elitist pricks and see GN'R as a bloated cock-rock band.

Maybe your closed minded because you can't accept that other people don't like GnR (Axl). Or you call them "elitist pricks" just because they don't like something you do, get over it.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »

being an axl fan IS elitist now. everybody hates him. and that's lame.
we are the only who can make fun of him and still be cool. but in the end it ain't about me being cool ...

Wink

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2006, 08:15:53 AM »

then let me ask you brother, would you say calling works in progress perfect tens??
Thats being modest. I've seen people hear rating these demos a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10, some have ranked them as high as a 1000. Thank god they're so open minded. hihi

Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »

Comparing them to the music these days, they r mind blowingly good.And better then VR.But i think that the old Gn'r songs r so much better then this ones.I mean c'mon just like axl says ''there was a time''.Look at Bon jovi and metallica.They suck thesedays.Cause late 80's and early 90's were a diffrent world.Well i'm 18 so that's just an observation.But really, even if he hits the right notes and stuff , it isn't going to have the same deepness into it.That's just my opinion.Though ı know most of you guys r gonna disagree. 

Axl:When did you see me overreact
RichardNixon
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2006, 08:33:11 AM »

I surf the web and briefly scan boards and I know that the reaction has been mixed. And the people who don't like the new songs are either (1) closed minded and wont accept anything without Slash, (2) are still listening to Motley Crue and Ratt and can't comprehend how a song could be over 4 minutes in length (3) are the Morrisey/Westerberg crowd, hate Axl, and will rip apart anything he does, simply because they are elitist pricks and see GN'R as a bloated cock-rock band.

Maybe your closed minded because you can't accept that other people don't like GnR (Axl). Or you call them "elitist pricks" just because they don't like something you do, get over it.

They are "elitist pricks" because they call GN'R "buttrock" and lump Axl in with Poison and Warrant.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »

enjoy.. Look at what jerkoofs think

warning some people have some nasty shit in their sigs, as in nudes

Edit: Removed link because it linked to downloads. /jarmo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:49:54 PM by jarmo » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:37 AM »

If one was to listen to "Chinese Democracy" as a finished product three times, with an objective ear, and conclude it wasn't a good album--fine. But to dismiss a song that is a work in progress, with clear artistic merit, is asinine.

then let me ask you brother, would you say calling works in progress perfect tens?? I se it done heere all the time.. many people can give a short review based on samples.. If you post a 206 demo worth of music then I will evaluate what I heard...

I posted the three links on 3 different non music websites for honest feedback.. I can only expect someone's feelings on what I gave them,,,

Secondly man how many people will give a listen of 3 times of an entire album if it isn't their favorite bands??

I doubt every knock on contraband was sat their open minded and had three undisturbed listens like one would want with CD when it happens to come out.. people on;ly take interest and puit in the time when it's something they care about.. We give irs better or twat 45 listens each because we have interest, we want to get the full song in... Some casual asspipe from some other board who hasn;tt hought about gnr since 91 isn't going to do the same.. Can't blame him either, I wouldn't dare waste this much time with some links posted.

Giving the demos (sans "Better") a perfect ten is a bit high because, they are, after all, only demos.

And yes, "Contraband" should be listened to more than once.
RichardNixon
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

Reading those made me feel better. Moronic and ignorant.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:49:18 PM by jarmo » Logged
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2006, 09:03:15 AM »

This is to be expected.   People are harder on Axl then ever..and I still think even with all these people dissing the new music, and with them not caring that these are demos...when the album hits, fully mixed and mastered songs and buzz is upon us with all that, I bet we win some of them over.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
rgr1607
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2006, 09:04:24 AM »

Sorry, but I don't take these people's opinions seriously... Just an example:

''I don't even have to listen to taht shit to tell you it sucks...'' by dasnake
''Sorry, I refuse to listen to any of their shit until Axl gives me my 5 bucks back!!'' - by Dr. Kunt
''I can't stand GNR so I wont even click those links.'' - by QueenBitch1

Roll Eyes

Oh, and by the way MG: why don't you just admit that you want this band to fail miserably? Because that's clearly what you want. One just needs to read your posts to see that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:49:01 PM by jarmo » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »

Played all three tracks for a freind yesterday..

She said that for the most part they were really good and said Axl should Finish the damn album and release it Wink

Her favorite was better but said it was a shame that I only had 1/2 the song hihi (I said "no kidding")
She also liked IRS. She said TWAT was a bit weird and she was unsure of it (Her favorite artists are Hendrix, Clapton and Zeppelin)

Her comments were they have totally changed in sound from the 90's but not necessarily in a bad way, and traces of old GnR can still be heard. She also thought the guitar work was, not bad, but not nearly as intricate as back in GnR's heyday. The riffs were catchy but Robins "solo's" were bordering on boring at times.

She described the tracks as a mix of NIN, Audioslave, AIC and orig GnR.

madagas
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:30 AM »

You guys are pathetic-seriously. Have more confidence in yourself and don't worry about what other people think ALL THE TIME. Thread after thread is about what other people think. Who cares? This is absolutely no different than 1987. You either Love Axl or you hate him. It was the exact same thing back in the day. Mike said it above. Why don't you let Axl worry about his record sales and popularity-it is NOT your job. People like what the fuck they want. Axl has a very "unique" voice which can really grate on people's nerves. I can hardly make it through all of AFD because of it. Your either with him or against him. However, he still has alot of people with him and will garner alot of new fans once the record is released. It will all work out...and if it doesn't, hopefully you got a few songs that made YOU feel good. I use to do the same thing and waste a lot of energy defending Gnr back in the day. I went to UGA in Athens-the epicenter of alternative rock in the mid to late eighties. Believe me, I got in some dust ups. But, history proved me ultimately right as Gnr has held up and overall has as good a rep as REM, The Replacements, etc. Trust me, let Axl fight his own battles. You can request the songs on radio and promote that way. But running around message boards arguing about it to people who don't give a shit is a waste of your time. Just a little perspective from an older original Gunner.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:54:17 AM by madagas » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »

You guys are pathetic-seriously. Have more confidence in yourself and don't worry about what other people think ALL THE TIME. Thread after thread is about what other people think. Who cares?

I don't really care too much what others think, but a few people I know are music fans in general and tease me all the time about my fascination with a 'dead band'. So i showed one of them what I've been waiting for, and she commented. Alot of people care what others have to say so I posted her thoughts ok

And you say don't worry about what others think then turn around and say you have good tastes cuz you like bands that have withstood the test of time. Deep inside we all want others to like what we do ok Madagas, I haven't read any other posts but mine and yours so I don't know what else has been said in it hihi and to tell you the truth I prolly won't read another one unless you reply to this peace

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »

better will be new gnrs old gnrs wttj

Let me get this straight, you're stating "Better" will become a rock anthem, get played on PA's at sporting events nationwide, be a theme song for the highest rated nationally syndicated sports radio show in the country and get massive airplay nearly 20 years after it's release?

High hopes for an incomplete demo that may or may not ever be released as a single..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
madagas
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2006, 10:19:33 AM »

Brings up another point while I'm soapboxing Cheesy It is completely useless to compare old vs new gnr. Quite obvious that they are really completely different animals-REALLY different. WTTJ is on the absolute opposite end of the spectrum from Better. I love both and am as happy as a pig in shit right now:hihi:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 10:24:46 AM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: