Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reactions/opinions from non-die hard fans  (Read 24965 times)
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2006, 07:54:11 PM »

I think gnr will gain new fans thanks to the CD new sound. Some people who didn't use to like the old songs will love CD

The guitar work on TWAT is awesome!!!! All songs in my book are great!!!! i like the symphony sound on TWAT.
Parabola
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to Axl's

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006, 07:56:15 PM »

Some views from OTHER people from different forums:

There Was A Time...
when people gave a fucking shit.

well GNR stood for fucking ROCK N ROLL - not some bullshit with loops Tongue

honestly - i want more than anyone else to say - this rocks like a moter fucker - but both - better and irs - are sour .... one is too modern the other one plainly boring - both are demos - clearly but so fucking what .....

unless - the record is stellar and rocking the better can it altogether ...
the world wants TO ROCK ! AGAIN ! GNR are expected to rock =- not look like wiggas. and AXL - has got to quit acting like a reclusive crybaby rockstar and start acting like a rock super star !

fuck it man - you age ... so what .... you need to look good - you dont have to look great ! and you need to be having fun rocking out - not being a miserable reclusive cunt . my 2c of public abuse on this public pulpit of shit-talking !

quit kidding yourself none of this songs sound 1/4 as good as the worst guns song you people are trying to convince yourself this is gnr but gnr is long dead and this music sucks... play any of the songs back to back with appetite or illusions and they you will see that this is a shit axle solo record that should have just never came out

what a fucking joke.
you idiots liking this band of cunts back in the day is funny enough, but jeez....liking this shit now is beyond fucking hilarious. pathetic

hey i really dig the song it fucking rocks!! great to hear that its good

?

AXL CREATES ANOTHER MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!

Chinese Democracy will be the greatest album known to man

lady, I think after TEN FUCKING YEARS patient goes right out the fuckin window. Download every track if you want. Fuck Axl Pose.

You can definitley hear the zepplin influence on better.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 08:00:32 PM »

it seems by everyont aht has read the threads I have started on other boards that better is the instant grabber, something you can like instantly.. Not getting any positive feedback on the others thought... The again I am posting links not actually sitting in a room playing these over and over for multiple people
Yeah better is gonna be huge. I know you hate vertigo,but i think this song has the potential to be gnr's vertigo. as i said in one of these other threads, my 50 year old mom likes it. Forget about our age group for a sec. If the senior citizens and little kids are gonna dig this tune, its gonna be huge.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 08:29:08 PM »

it seems by everyont aht has read the threads I have started on other boards that better is the instant grabber, something you can like instantly.. Not getting any positive feedback on the others thought... The again I am posting links not actually sitting in a room playing these over and over for multiple people
Yeah better is gonna be huge. I know you hate vertigo,but i think this song has the potential to be gnr's vertigo. as i said in one of these other threads, my 50 year old mom likes it. Forget about our age group for a sec. If the senior citizens and little kids are gonna dig this tune, its gonna be huge.

I think better will be new gnr's nickleback... Just radio friendly has the story catchy beat, etc..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 08:36:27 PM »

this is an actual old gnr fan that checked out the links I posted

Thanks for the link mike i downloaded and listened to all three

Well i was never a big Axl fan to start with but i was hoping he would retain some of the talent that did work well with the earlier albums, but holy shit!

First of all . the kickass starting riffs that defined a gnr song have gone out the window, lets take for example the bass into to its so easy or the cool into to welcome to the jungle. Better started with some whiny shite 

Then Axls singing, oh jesus ! . In the earlier days i wasnt fond of it but it did go well at the time - its obvious the years of drink and drugs and food have taken its toll on his voice- its more annoying and less talented than ever.

Then the soloing - now i admit bias to this as i think anyone trying to take slash's place and think he is better is just heresy to me, i was willing to take a neutral stance and judge it as it is but its just really badly put together. I couldnt even listen to the whole song TWAT!

finally the whole composition sucked.. i mean wheres the kickass pounding drums with the cowbell? or the adrenaline songs that made GNR. I know that axl wrote a lot of earlier songs which were amazing but what hes made now is really bad.

As you know mate i am a big GNR fan and most of all it saddens me to see a good name turn bad because of one person who didnt know when to stop while he was ahead."
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 08:44:33 PM »

i havent found anyone who dosnt like "better" yet. i havent let anyone listen to the others though

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »

I understand that musical taste is subjective but give me a break. Some of these people on these other forums are going so far out as to say that these songs are "awful" and "just generic rock tunes", but even the most jaded have to admit there's substance to this material! Even if there's an artist or band I don't like, I still give credit where credit is due. I don't like rap/hip-hop, but I think Kanye West can create some fantastic hooks and rhymes. I don't like country music, but Johnny Cash was one of the greatest artists that ever lived. There comes a point where people need to get over the fact that Slash isn't in this band and just enjoy what they have created. These songs are better than anything in years. Don't take anyone's word. Metal Sludge doesn't like it if it's not Dio singing or VelvetRope doesn't like it unless it's some folk or emo band no one's ever heard of...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »

Only talked to two people about I.R.S..

Both were big Gn'r fans...

20 year old cousin -- Thougfht it was lame...

40 Year old Uncle - Didn't like it

Me- Very average.

Some Chick said Axl's  sounded better than ever.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »

I understand that musical taste is subjective but give me a break. Some of these people on these other forums are going so far out as to say that these songs are "awful" and "just generic rock tunes", but even the most jaded have to admit there's substance to this material! Even if there's an artist or band I don't like, I still give credit where credit is due. I don't like rap/hip-hop, but I think Kanye West can create some fantastic hooks and rhymes. I don't like country music, but Johnny Cash was one of the greatest artists that ever lived. There comes a point where people need to get over the fact that Slash isn't in this band and just enjoy what they have created. These songs are better than anything in years. Don't take anyone's word. Metal Sludge doesn't like it if it's not Dio singing or VelvetRope doesn't like it unless it's some folk or emo band no one's ever heard of...

I think people that don't post on these forums and I dunno if this person has heard The Blues or Maddy or Oh MY God even..we know that GNR now doesn't have the old GNR sound...we have known this for awhile and I think when these fans of old here the new stuff..it's shocking and they react.  Just like with Axl's voice..how many times has Axl's voice been discussed on the forums for years now...so to these people...it is shocking and they are going to give bad reviews.  But I am hopefull that if they keep hearing the songs over and over that maybe it will grow on them and they will really start to like new GNR.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2006, 01:33:13 AM »

This is definitely treading old ground, but it comes as no surprise to me that any casual listener who is expecting the same variety of hard rock that they heard in the late 80s and early 90s will undoubtedly be disappointed. To each his own. The reactions I've heard have been overwhelmingly positive, and the reactions were from listeners who are not fans of AFD or UYI.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2006, 02:15:35 AM »

I think better will be new gnr's nickleback... Just radio friendly has the story catchy beat, etc..
please dont ever put the gnr name and this material in the same sentence of nickleback..

ill help you out....

better will be new gnrs old gnrs wttj

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2006, 02:21:52 AM »

the new mod is strict, isn't he? hihi

The first actual act of moderation indeed, and noticed by one of my favorite posters Smiley

On topic, I think Navarro's sentiments are fair.? After all, the songs are demos (albeit demos with potential) and may (or may not) be less muddled and more focused in the final analysis.

right on, good choice of mod there  beer

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
McDuff
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2006, 02:23:04 AM »

Well I sent the songs to my younger brother(Who hates the old GN'R stuff)and he said the songs were awesome and he keeps Better on repeat,and he told me he thinks once I.R.S. is mixed right and all of that it will be an awesome song,so I guess that's a good sign peace
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2006, 02:27:24 AM »

I let a friend listen to Better.. and he just said..

"It sounds like GN'R.. but without the edge.. and well it makes GN'R sound like any other band on the radio"

Undecided

Lucky we have Chinese Democracy.. Rhaid.. and here it comes.. Silkworms (it WILL be better on the record!! lol.) to keep up the old guns edge.

gnrevolution.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2006, 02:49:16 AM »

my mum is about the only fan but not die hard ive botherd ta show, she likes em' heaps hihi

other then that, i dont give a shit what anyone thinks, of course i wanna hear my HTGTH mates opinions!! beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2006, 04:55:29 AM »

Some views from OTHER people from different forums:

There Was A Time...
when people gave a fucking shit.

well GNR stood for fucking ROCK N ROLL - not some bullshit with loops Tongue

honestly - i want more than anyone else to say - this rocks like a moter fucker - but both - better and irs - are sour .... one is too modern the other one plainly boring - both are demos - clearly but so fucking what .....

unless - the record is stellar and rocking the better can it altogether ...
the world wants TO ROCK ! AGAIN ! GNR are expected to rock =- not look like wiggas. and AXL - has got to quit acting like a reclusive crybaby rockstar and start acting like a rock super star !

fuck it man - you age ... so what .... you need to look good - you dont have to look great ! and you need to be having fun rocking out - not being a miserable reclusive cunt . my 2c of public abuse on this public pulpit of shit-talking !

quit kidding yourself none of this songs sound 1/4 as good as the worst guns song you people are trying to convince yourself this is gnr but gnr is long dead and this music sucks... play any of the songs back to back with appetite or illusions and they you will see that this is a shit axle solo record that should have just never came out

what a fucking joke.
you idiots liking this band of cunts back in the day is funny enough, but jeez....liking this shit now is beyond fucking hilarious. pathetic

hey i really dig the song it fucking rocks!! great to hear that its good

AXL CREATES ANOTHER MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!

Chinese Democracy will be the greatest album known to man

lady, I think after TEN FUCKING YEARS patient goes right out the fuckin window. Download every track if you want. Fuck Axl Pose.

You can definitley hear the zepplin influence on better.

Dude you got this shit from blabbermouth.net               Which is a bunch of stupid fucken kids that listen to death metal, and hate nothing more than any band that sells more that 500,00 albums or let alone a band that is even played on the radio.  You just read that thread and you can tell there brains are no bigger than the shit music they listen too.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2006, 05:05:23 AM »

"It sounds like GN'R.. but without the edge.. and well it makes GN'R sound like any other band on the radio"

that's kind of what my wife said..

I just think we tend to find the good in what axl does and gives everything a million chances and listens..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2006, 05:15:47 AM »

please dont ever put the gnr name and this material in the same sentence of nickleback..

ill help you out....

better will be new gnrs old gnrs wttj

I love better, it's my favorite new gun's tune right this minute.. First it's no jungle, wttj is a guitar rocker an anthem..

You are missing my point of photograph

It's a  guy singing about his childhood, friends etc and how it was radio friendly Very profound.. Saying if it was axl behind the song everyone would love it because of those reasons childhood story, talking about friends, the sound is catchy...
RichardNixon
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2006, 07:53:37 AM »

I surf the web and briefly scan boards and I know that the reaction has been mixed. And the people who don't like the new songs are either (1) closed minded and wont accept anything without Slash, (2) are still listening to Motley Crue and Ratt and can't comprehend how a song could be over 4 minutes in length (3) are the Morrisey/Westerberg crowd, hate Axl, and will rip apart anything he does, simply because they are elitist pricks and see GN'R as a bloated cock-rock band.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:55:55 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2006, 07:56:36 AM »

I surf the web and briefly scan boards and I know that the reaction has been mixed. And the people who don't like the new songs are either (1) closed minded and wont accept anything without Slash, (2) are still listening to Motley Crue and Ratt and can't comprhend how a song could be over 4 minutes in lengh (3) are the Morrisey/Westerberg crowd, hate Axl, and will rip apart anything he does, simply because they are elitist pricks and see GN'R as a blaoted cock-rock band.

does those comments bother you? You shouldn't really. As long as you like the songs there is nothing to worry about. It's all personal tastes and short minded hear-say views obtained by nothing but general perception.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: