Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Outside View On Americans
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outside View On Americans  (Read 11511 times)
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2006, 04:31:44 AM »

americans are fat and lazy
But when major shit goes down somewhere in the world, the fat and lazy always come to help...

... whether they're wanted or not  Wink
Well, I dont know you're exact location, but I assure you if the Russians or the Chinese invaded your borders, the first call your country would make would be to the "fat and lazy". ok

dont you mean the disposables?

chinese? like tibet you mean? russians? like afghanistan?

i dont think so

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2006, 04:39:10 AM »

Okay... please try to stay on topic, and don't get political.

Americans... Not America as a nation.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »

But when major shit goes down somewhere in the world, the fat and lazy always come to help...

Yeah, our health care sucks, education is embarrassing, the middle class get stepped on, the poor get screwed, while the rich are taken care of.... but if you piss us off we will blow you the fuck up!

We can take over a whole other country in two weeks but we can't find the money to fix a friggin levy. I'm so proud we have our priorities in order.

But it could be worse... we could be Canadians hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
sandman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 08:26:39 AM »

i agree, americans are lazy.

that's why the chinese, indians, etc. come here and are so successful. they are the total opposite. they work their asses off and account for a very high percentage of the population at all the best schools.

(MODS: can i assume the ban on political threads is over??)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »

i always thought Markus Asraelius was greek .... maybe i'm thinkin of someone else.

anyway.
i'm afraid of americans.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2006, 08:41:55 AM »

I love America, I love this country, but sometimes I admit the Americans are dumb, it's like " We are American and the rest of the world doesn't exist for us".
Just an exemple about music: Why the hell do the Americans always speak about record sales just in their country? It's incredible, instead of speaking worldwide like everybody, they just speak about their own domestic market. It's quite disrespectfull toward the others, and selfish. We don't exist? Hey, do you think people don't buy records in Europe, South America or Asia? It's like "Appetite sold 15 million copies it's incredible", hey no, AFD sold 27 million copies for me, 27 million copies worldwide of course, it seems natural to speak about a worldwide point of vue for me.

However, I like the way you are proud to be who you are, proud of your country, it's nationalism, but in a good way, it's not the same meaning in Europe where nationalism is seen as a bad thing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 08:45:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »

i'm afraid of americans.
Are you David Bowie?? nervous nervous
I was wondering that same thing. This thread has went on long enough for the mods to see the political tone in it.

EDIT: I just noticed Skeba's warning not to get political. So the rule still applies.

Always
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »

we are all cousins anyways( Im Finnish/swedish livin in the US, grandparents came over  peace )

computer=us
cars=us
space flight=us
airplanes=us
and on and on and on

lets just all get along
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:14:31 PM by Always » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2006, 07:16:27 PM »

Nope. You can just try and stay clear of discussing anything too political.

Americans = the American people. Not their politics.

As in,

I've found them to be top quality people.

/

They're total utter bastards!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2006, 07:32:16 PM »

anyway.
i'm afraid of americans.

You should be.

I'm pointing a freedom fry at you right now..............

i agree, americans are lazy.

that's why the chinese, indians, etc. come here and are so successful. they are the total opposite. they work their asses off and account for a very high percentage of the population at all the best schools.

The majority of people that become millionaires in the USA now are not born here. All you have to do is watch a Mexican work two jobs/seven days a week to believe that. Those who come here, appreciate it more then most of us and take the bull by the horns ASAP.

lul
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2006, 08:22:35 PM »

also americans are racist towards each other.. poor african americans

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2006, 10:15:53 PM »

anyway.
i'm afraid of americans.

You should be.

I'm pointing a freedom fry at you right now..............

Classic!

also americans are racist towards each other.. poor african americans

Hey, we hate everyone equally, pal.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:10:29 PM by misterID » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »

And it's not "fat" anymore, it's "American".........

"That kid sure is "American" isn't he?"
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »

Yeah, our health care sucks, education is embarrassing, the middle class get stepped on, the poor get screwed, while the rich are taken care of.... but if you piss us off we will blow you the fuck up!

We can take over a whole other country in two weeks but we can't find the money to fix a friggin levy. I'm so proud we have our priorities in order.

But it could be worse... we could be Canadians hihi

I dont think our education sucks.. but im from Iowa our standards are quite higher then the rest of the country.. dont blame the federal govt for your state goverments mistakes
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »

Well, it is the US GOVT's responsibility. No child left behind bill (which is a joke), ring a bell?

States with smaller populations usually are better off than the rest of the country.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »

I hate Bush.

Now on the general public. I've never met a descent American in my life. To be honest i really hate all the ones i've met. they're rude, arrogant and selfish. THAT ISN'T TO SAY ALL OF THEM ARE LIKE THAT THOUGH!!!!! As for the ones i've seen on reality tv shows i think they're far more foolish (ON SHOWS SUCH AS BIG BROTHER) and over the top to the point it's hysterical.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DISLIKE OR HATE ALL AMERICANS THOUGH!!

too be honest Americans dont have the best image here in UK. People make fun of them all the time especially the mormons. A lot of us think that Americans think America rocks and everywhere else is crap. Not necessarily true. Also, about way over the top attitude, american history suggest the over the top attitude such as McCarthyism and the Red Scare. it seems to us in America despite it all tries to be ONE NATION it still seems the same people are discriminating against each other such as arguments between Irish catholics and Protestants, there's still slight hostility. I feel there's still far too much discrimination between black and white americans as well. Whether or not it's total truth i do not know but this seems the image i'm getting and many other people.?

I get the impression that majority of Americans aren't very clever as the majority according to Michael Moore didn't know where certain major countries were when given a blank map. I know that there are some good some bad but that really for a lot of people put Americans into perspective for a lot of people.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:08:36 AM by Sakib » Logged

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »

You know, it is a real shame you feel that way, Sakib.

I know you say you're not talking about all americans, but that post was like the kids who post on the main boards who start out saying "I love Axl, but..." then they procede to rip him apart.

Most Americans do not like Bush, and there is a large percentage of Americans who don't vote because they feel their is no one to vote for in a presidential election. That's why a third party is going to emerge very soon.

Your view on americans is a little warped. What you posted is the reason why a lot of Americans have a warped view of Europe. Like the snobbish, elitist, holier than though attitude they feel is directed towards them. The door swings both ways.

As for judging us through reality TV and a Michael Moore documentary, that really makes me very disappointed. If you think anyone on reality TV represents the whole of Americans you are mistaken. Everyone on those shows are not being real. It's TV for Christ sakes! People are acting so they can become stars! As for Michael Moore; I am left leaning independent, and I can tell you MM is basically full of shit. He has some good points but he fabricates a lot to get his point across. If I made a documentary about Britain I could make you seem anyway I wanted. It's all in the editing hihi

And your image of our racial attitudes is really sad. There are as many racist in our country as there are in every other country around the world. I could sit here and argue the great points about this country, but then I'd seem like another flag waving, mindless zombie, the exact image people have of us that offends me... so believe what you want. Just have an open mind. 

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »

When I went to America I was amazed how friendly everyone was.  That was a while ago, but it shows that you can't judge a country's people without going there and meeting them yourself.  I'd love to go again - in fact I will definately go again.

The way America is represented on the telly is really, really annoying.  It's all so damn patriotic, it makes me feel ill.
anythinggoes
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 11:49:49 AM »

Well i love america and i would like to emigrate (legally) there i would go tomorrow if my partner was up for it. Ive found most of the american people ive dealt with to be quite normal just the same as everyone else in the world countries are depicted by their governments not there residents and most governments are corupt somewhere down the line (not to be discussed further)   
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »

Most Americans do not like Bush, and there is a large percentage of Americans who don't vote because they feel their is no one to vote for in a presidential election.

When people don't vote that is the kind of "leader" we get.

Even with its warts this country is awesome. It is bitterly divided right now and that is a shame. But when you get down to a more human level I think most Americans I come across all want to be good to one another.

I remember being miles out on a hike (at the Grand Canyon) and out of water, sitting on a rock. Wondering if I was going to be ok. A stranger came along, saw me, and offered me his water.  I think most Americans are like that: they want to help if they can.

I do think most Americans are stretched financially as a result of being inside a marketing bubble their entire life. They know no other life. From the beginning we are fed history books that leave out anything bad our government has done and only shows us as fighters for democracy. The news is pretty much the same way, and feeds the propaganda machine and instills a blind patriotism in many.

Arrogance is another issue and I think we have become an arrogant bunch. Doesn't really matter the socioeconomic background, everybody has kind of turned into the king of the world lately. Large SUV sales are kind of a physical example of this "condition" I think. I feeling of grandeur and self importance sitting high above others; ignoring the reality of their finances or the interest rate they paid for the bling bling; retirement savings be damned.

Again I think when they superficial aspects of American culture are stripped away you see a more genuine human emerge. Tragic events such as 9-11 also strip us down and expose who we are instead of who we pretend to be on a daily basis. It was a shame that it did not last after that horrible day.

I hold that glimpses of random kindness and compassion are what most of us are, when those chances present themselves.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: