Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Axl really that bad?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Axl really that bad?  (Read 10021 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »

I see that Jarmo is just another Axl apologist.  "Master Axl can do no wrong."   
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 04:24:58 PM »

Is Axl really that bad?

This is a serious question. I have never met Axl, obviously, and I was wondering if he really is that much of a diva. I see him in interviews and he seems pretty grounded. I remember in 2002 when he missed shows that one of the shows he missed, if I remember correctly was due to a missed or delayed flight. Yet everyone just blamed him for being ?Axl?, on the other hand he clearly has a problem with touring and responsibility. If I missed work like he did, I would be out of a job, but sometimes it just seems like he is the media?s whippin? boy. When I heard about the spit in the eye at the Soprano premier I thought ?There is no way a grown man would act like such a child.? Does anyone think this really happened or am I just being far too optimistic?

I know this is a GnR forum, but honestly what is the general consensus? Does he have Asperger's Syndrome or is he just eccentric?

I believe the reason he was blamed for missing the flight to Vancouver is because the rest of the band was already in Vancouver. He decided to take a last minute flight to get there (maybe to save on ticket cost?lol), and when the flight was delayed the show had to be cancelled. I still don't understand why he has to fly separate from the band (supposedly the same thing happened in Philadelphia too? The band was there but Axl wasn't.)

Raven

Most frontmen don't travel with the band.

In Axl's case, the venue organizer for the Vancouver show made a last minute decision based on the info he had. He was right. If Axl wants people to take him serious, then he'd better be at concerts the day off, rather than last minute.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 04:41:51 PM »

axl is a ass hole pritty much. hes the reason GnR broke up. i realy dont call the nu gnr GNR. its not GNR with out duff n slash. at the least. CD is like a solo album to me. and thos are never realy that good. lol but axl can be set off by anything. obviosly people holding cameras in the crowed. lol. axl can be nice but once he gets to a point hes a fucking dick.
axls the only reason why gnr broke up Roll Eyes
FUCK YOU

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »

it will be interesting to see how the last decade has changed axl's personality.

i really hope he has matured both musically and mentally peace

sadly his last slash reference was a bit dissapoiontin but there's always hope beer

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2006, 05:15:10 PM »

the media victims  no

BTW "the spit in the eye" story was, false or not,  not at the Soprano premier.
 Cheesy It rhymes with "the spirit in the sky".
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »

Isn't who broke up g'nr a dead horse topic?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »

Toronto 1992 riot = Axl's fault

It was in Montreal...

He couldn't finish the set because of technical difficulties.

This has happened to many artists who became sick or had to cut their set short for other reaons.

St Louis riot = Axl's fault

Pissed off with lousy security.

2002 tour disaster = Axl's fault

Vancouver: He was on his way, the venue cancelled the gig. He was gonna be there.

Philadelphia: I believe they announced at the venue that a band member was sick and the show was cancelled.

/jarmo

With Vancouver the band had three hours before they had to be on stage. Axl was in the air on his way to Vancouver at that time,and the show was cancelled.
I understand that the promoters and or people that work at the venue may have gotten worried,but he had three hours to get there,and he would have. But they pulled the plug.
If I am correct,didn't Axl say he was taking some sort of legal action over that?

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »

axl is a ass hole pritty much. hes the reason GnR broke up. i realy dont call the nu gnr GNR. its not GNR with out duff n slash. at the least. CD is like a solo album to me. and thos are never realy that good. lol but axl can be set off by anything. obviosly people holding cameras in the crowed. lol. axl can be nice but once he gets to a point hes a fucking dick.
axls the only reason why gnr broke up Roll Eyes
FUCK YOU

Oh, you're doing well.  How about we don't insult other board members now?

Is that so hard?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »

the media victims? no

BTW "the spit in the eye" story was, false or not,? not at the Soprano premier.
 Cheesy It rhymes with "the spirit in the sky".

hihi  Thats why you're my favorite poster on this board.  ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 05:44:41 PM »

I see that Jarmo is just another Axl apologist.? "Master Axl can do no wrong."? ?

I see that you're not interested in hearing more than one side of the story.

Which usually means you'll settle for any rumor you read on Metal Sludge or wherever.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2006, 07:20:17 PM »

Toronto 1992 riot = Axl's fault

It was in Montreal...

He couldn't finish the set because of technical difficulties.

This has happened to many artists who became sick or had to cut their set short for other reaons.

St Louis riot = Axl's fault

Pissed off with lousy security.

2002 tour disaster = Axl's fault

Vancouver: He was on his way, the venue cancelled the gig. He was gonna be there.

Philadelphia: I believe they announced at the venue that a band member was sick and the show was cancelled.

/jarmo

That was informative, cool thanks. I am not kissing you ass either, but it is good to hear that explained. Some others have posted some good stuff too. Thanks guys.

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »

i dont feel like reading all three pages, so there is a chance that this was mentioned already:

i've read before that axl is diagnosed bipolar, and if this is true that his behaviour makes total sense for someone with that condition. For those of you with out a medical degree, here's some info from webmd:

"Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. It?s a serious illness, one that can lead to risky behavior, damaged relationships and careers, even suicidal tendencies -- if it?s not treated.

Bipolar disorder is characterized by extreme changes in mood (poles) -- from mania to depression. Between these mood swings, a person with Bipolar disorder may experience normal moods.

"Manic" describes an increasingly restless, energetic, talkative, reckless, powerful, euphoric period. Lavish spending sprees or impulsive risky sex can be irresistible. Then, at some point, this high-flying mood can spiral into something darker -- irritation, confusion, anger, feeling trapped.

"Depression" describes the opposite mood -- sadness, crying, sense of worthlessness, loss of energy, loss of pleasure, sleep problems.

But because the pattern of highs and lows varies for each person, bipolar disorder is a complex disease to diagnose. For some people, mania or depression can last for weeks or months, even for years. For other people, bipolar disorder takes the form of frequent and dramatic mood shifts.

?There?s a whole spectrum of symptoms and mood changes that have been found in bipolar disorder,? says Michael Aronson, MD, a clinical psychiatrist and consultant for WebMD. ?It?s not always dramatic mood swings. In fact, some people seem to get along just fine. The manic periods can be very, very productive. They think things are going great.?

The danger comes, he says, when the mania grows much worse. ?The change can be very dramatic, with catastrophic results. People can get involved in reckless behavior, spend a lot of money, there may be sexual promiscuity, sexual risks.?

The depressed phases can be equally dangerous: A person may have frequent thoughts of suicide."

if you want to know more go here http://www.webmd.com/content/article/102/106771.htm

it doesnt entirely excuse him though, ive been dealing with the same problem over a decade and i manage to get out of bed and go to work in the morning everyday. ofcourse let me tell you, when we have a bad day, we have a really fucking bad day.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 08:34:10 PM »

peace i suffered depression years ago and some times I felt bipolar  rofl. thanks god i could go on with my life  Smiley good reading  ok

how can some people say axl's bad?  Cry when he's just a sweetypie

FROM HELL  hihi. j/K.

i understand him in some ways but ..i don't know he's just .. just axl

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2006, 10:43:22 PM »

remember the horn section and the back up singers on the UYI tour. Think Axl had sex with them? all of them maybe group sex. let's dish

IM an earth goddess
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »

He is, as they say, an enigma.
No one really knows, except maybe his shrink.

Or as Churchill put, a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
(or was it an enigma wrapped in a mystery, which actually would make more sense Huh)
rydog
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2006, 11:03:09 PM »

Izzy quit the band after Axl pulled out a contract for him to sign telling him where he could and couldn't stand on the stage.

the sad thing is Axl doesn't learn from these things i.e. if you treat your friends and band like shit they will leave. it seems like he just does it again and again and again. He's employed a bunch of 'yes' men who agree with everything he says and let him get his way all the time. Sadly the more someone like that gets their way the more they are used to it

Axl used to be my hero as a kid but looking back on all the things that have happened it just seems sad. The firing of Steven Adler was the beginning of the end. Izzy leaving was basically the end musically and he left because Axl treated him like an employee and Axl was just too difficult to work with (or work 'for' as Axl would probably think). Izzy leaving was something that Axl came to regret I think.

Shame he couldn't learn from this. Who knows, maybe when Izzy came back for those shows in 1993 he was wanting to give things another go but Axl just hadn't changed at all so he thought he'd give it a miss
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:25:48 PM by rydog » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2006, 01:27:15 AM »

Izzy wasn't coming back to really rejoin the band but to get money.

also, Steven really had some issues.. he still couldn't get clean when he left the band, had strokes, and maybe still isn't ok... that whole thing definitely wasn't Axl's fault. I believe he was the last one who eventually agreed to firing him, that's what i remember reading anyway.

I am really hoping Axl has learned from all the things in the past though. I believe this year he is in the best place he has been in a Long time!! so i am very hopeful...

Izzy quit the band after Axl pulled out a contract for him to sign telling him where he could and couldn't stand on the stage.

the sad thing is Axl doesn't learn from these things i.e. if you treat your friends and band like shit they will leave. it seems like he just does it again and again and again. He's employed a bunch of 'yes' men who agree with everything he says and let him get his way all the time. Sadly the more someone like that gets their way the more they are used to it

Axl used to be my hero as a kid but looking back on all the things that have happened it just seems sad. The firing of Steven Adler was the beginning of the end. Izzy leaving was basically the end musically and he left because Axl treated him like an employee and Axl was just too difficult to work with (or work 'for' as Axl would probably think). Izzy leaving was something that Axl came to regret I think.

Shame he couldn't learn from this. Who knows, maybe when Izzy came back for those shows in 1993 he was wanting to give things another go but Axl just hadn't changed at all so he thought he'd give it a miss

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2006, 04:13:06 AM »

Is Axl really that bad?

This is a serious question. I have never met Axl, obviously, and I was wondering if he really is that much of a diva. I see him in interviews and he seems pretty grounded. I remember in 2002 when he missed shows that one of the shows he missed, if I remember correctly was due to a missed or delayed flight. Yet everyone just blamed him for being ?Axl?, on the other hand he clearly has a problem with touring and responsibility. If I missed work like he did, I would be out of a job, but sometimes it just seems like he is the media?s whippin? boy. When I heard about the spit in the eye at the Soprano premier I thought ?There is no way a grown man would act like such a child.? Does anyone think this really happened or am I just being far too optimistic?

I know this is a GnR forum, but honestly what is the general consensus? Does he have Asperger's Syndrome, Misunderstood, Misrepresented or is he just Eccentric?

was it at the sopranos premiere? i thought it was at a club or something..

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 04:19:10 AM »

Its simple:

If Axl wasnt how he is, we wouldnt be on here 12 years since an album has came out still talking about him.

Rolling stone and major media outlets wouldnt give a fuck about him.

What makes Axl an asshole and somewhat eccentric and crazy is what also makes him a genius.

He is a mesmerizing,intriguing,mystical figure and if he were the PC,nice great rockstar friendly guy, he wouldnt be as legendary.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

Take a look at yourself. Your own family. Your neighbors. If you put them all under a microscope, you'd see a lot of crazy shit. We all do things that affect other people. Some affect people on a big scale, some on a smaller scale.

My point is, whatever Axl did or didn't do in the past, he is probably like most of us. He's got his issues, his skeletons in the closet, his childhood traumas that shaped part of his personality.
When you call in sick or decide to take a personal day because it's all just "too much to take", you get behind on some paper work, your class gets a substitute teacher, someone else delivers the pizza. When Axl feels like doing that, people riot. People sue. I'm sure that's a lot of responsibility and it's probably hard to live up to at times. 

I don't know Axl and I sure as hell have got no idea what's going on in his head, but no matter what, I will not try to analyze anyone and suggest that they have any responsibility in terms of myself and my life. Axl could decide to dig a hole in his backyard and bury the Chinese Democracy masters and then cancel the entire tour and never do anything ever again. That's his life. His decision. I'd be sad cuz I want to hear that album more than anything, but shit, my life's bigger than a cancelled concert or an unreleased CD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: