Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Axl really that bad?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Axl really that bad?  (Read 10022 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« on: March 17, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »

Is Axl really that bad?

This is a serious question. I have never met Axl, obviously, and I was wondering if he really is that much of a diva. I see him in interviews and he seems pretty grounded. I remember in 2002 when he missed shows that one of the shows he missed, if I remember correctly was due to a missed or delayed flight. Yet everyone just blamed him for being ?Axl?, on the other hand he clearly has a problem with touring and responsibility. If I missed work like he did, I would be out of a job, but sometimes it just seems like he is the media?s whippin? boy. When I heard about the spit in the eye at the Soprano premier I thought ?There is no way a grown man would act like such a child.? Does anyone think this really happened or am I just being far too optimistic?

I know this is a GnR forum, but honestly what is the general consensus? Does he have Asperger's Syndrome, Misunderstood, Misrepresented or is he just Eccentric?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 09:11:59 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 09:13:06 AM »

Is Axl really that bad?

This is a serious question. I have never met Axl, obviously, and I was wondering if he really is that much of a diva. I see him in interviews and he seems pretty grounded. I remember in 2002 when he missed shows that one of the shows he missed, if I remember correctly was due to a missed or delayed flight. Yet everyone just blamed him for being ?Axl?, on the other hand he clearly has a problem with touring and responsibility. If I missed work like he did, I would be out of a job, but sometimes it just seems like he is the media?s whippin? boy. When I heard about the spit in the eye at the Soprano premier I thought ?There is no way a grown man would act like such a child.? Does anyone think this really happened or am I just being far too optimistic?

I know this is a GnR forum, but honestly what is the general consensus? Does he have Asperger's Syndrome or is he just eccentric?

I believe the reason he was blamed for missing the flight to Vancouver is because the rest of the band was already in Vancouver. He decided to take a last minute flight to get there (maybe to save on ticket cost?lol), and when the flight was delayed the show had to be cancelled. I still don't understand why he has to fly separate from the band (supposedly the same thing happened in Philadelphia too? The band was there but Axl wasn't.)

Raven
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:17:19 AM »

Is Axl really that bad?

I know this is a GnR forum, but honestly what is the general consensus? Does he have Asperger's Syndrome or is he just eccentric?

I believe the reason he was blamed for missing the flight to Vancouver is because the rest of the band was already in Vancouver. He decided to take a last minute flight to get there (maybe to save on ticket cost?lol), and when the flight was delayed the show had to be cancelled. I still don't understand why he has to fly separate from the band (supposedly the same thing happened in Philadelphia too? The band was there but Axl wasn't.)

Raven

Yeah, I really want to believe he is a cool guy, but sometimes he makes it hard. I feel like yelling "Suck it up and be a rock star!" I would kill to have his job.

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 09:23:44 AM »

axl is a ass hole pritty much. hes the reason GnR broke up. i realy dont call the nu gnr GNR. its not GNR with out duff n slash. at the least. CD is like a solo album to me. and thos are never realy that good. lol but axl can be set off by anything. obviosly people holding cameras in the crowed. lol. axl can be nice but once he gets to a point hes a fucking dick.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »

axl is a ass hole pritty much. hes the reason GnR broke up. i realy dont call the nu gnr GNR. its not GNR with out duff n slash. at the least. CD is like a solo album to me. and thos are never realy that good. lol but axl can be set off by anything. obviosly people holding cameras in the crowed. lol. axl can be nice but once he gets to a point hes a fucking dick.

here wo go.. welcome to the forum

NOT

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 09:31:20 AM »

Yeah, I really want to believe he is a cool guy, but sometimes he makes it hard. I feel like yelling "Suck it up and be a rock star!" I would kill to have his job.

I know I would never want his job. ?Way too many eyes looking at me, I think. ?I've never been there (thankfully), but from what I can see it would be a pretty tough position.

Anyway, everyone who meets him seems to think he's a nice guy. ?No one can be perfect all the time, so I'm sure he has some bad points. ?Never judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes lol.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »

He thrives on being an asshole.  It's not like 2002 was the first time these things happened on tour.  In 92 in Indy on the Metallica tour he was 3 hours late taking the stage because some ham he ordered was not cooked right.  I think  most of it has to do with him being very immature.

In response to choking soul, some of would not want all the eyes on us but Axl obviously did or he would have stayed in Lafayette.  He needs to grow up a deal with it.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 09:44:02 AM »

I'm not sure if Axl likes all the attention he gets. ?That's why he was very rarely seen in public over the years. ?But you've got to admire the man for not taking the coward's way out of it. ?He's still around. ?To me, the man is deeply troubled. ?However, I think that he's gotten over a lot of it during the past 3 or 4 months as he's out among people again, drawing attention to himself.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »

well none of us "know" axl but we know things that have happened as a result of his behviour on certain nights/days.. We also have info we read from quotes mags or books about how he became the rock star type around the illusions where he was missing from the studio, or couldn't be spoke to directly with even his friends..  Many people come off cool in interviews or even in person, but can be total dicks behind closed doors.. How many times have you seen a married couple that get along so well in front of you then they are getting a divorce..   
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »

well none of us "know" axl but we know things that have happened as a result of his behviour on certain nights/days.. We also have info we read from quotes mags or books about how he became the rock star type around the illusions where he was missing from the studio, or couldn't be spoke to directly with even his friends..? Many people come off cool in interviews or even in person, but can be total dicks behind closed doors.. How many times have you seen a married couple that get along so well in front of you then they are getting a divorce..? ?

Yeah, very true. Ironic that the most talented people are often the most troubled. Many artists can be a musical genius yet have the social skills of an infant. I on the otherhand have no talent but I can get a cute chicks number in 2 minutes flat... wait is that a talent?  Tongue

godiva
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 09:53:38 AM »

It's 001-6645-885......Just kidding!  Wink
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 09:58:30 AM »

I'm calling now....  Tongue Kiss

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »

Depends on your point of view, really.
And your attitudes towards him (in case you ever get the chance to personally meet him)
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »

Trying to keep a band of drunken miscreants together (i.e. old GNR, and I don't nesessarily mean that in a bad way) with all the drugs, parties, and egos would drive anybody crazy.  Add that with failed relationships and that can really take away from a guy.  I mean, he's only human.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

I refuse to believe he is only human... that humanizes him... I am a human and I have achieved very little comparatively... and that just doesn't work for me.

He's not human.

He is incarnate.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 11:25:08 AM »

Trying to keep a band of drunken miscreants together (i.e. old GNR, and I don't nesessarily mean that in a bad way) with all the drugs, parties, and egos would drive anybody crazy.? Add that with failed relationships and that can really take away from a guy.? I mean, he's only human.

I wonder if everyone in new gnr is clean?? Shit takes forever and no one is doing anything..  The old days the fucking addicts and booze hounds made it happen hihi
madagas
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

Tommy Stinson hasn't been clean since he was 10 years old.... beer beer You can bet your ass on that. beer
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 11:29:58 AM »

I refuse to believe he is only human... that humanizes him... I am a human and I have achieved very little comparatively... and that just doesn't work for me.

He's not human.

He is incarnate.

All great artisitic works come from humans that have conflicted souls and transcend their station to achieve greatness... but they're still human. Smiley

I wonder if everyone in new gnr is clean?? Shit takes forever and no one is doing anything..  The old days the fucking addicts and booze hounds made it happen hihi

I miss the good old days, lol.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
^faeryeV
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »

Hello.

Im chiming in for the first time although ive been an avid reader of the board ever since it started to look like CD is due 2006.

On topic: I believe that yes, Axl Rose is quite a complicated person to deal with, atleast if there is a problem of some kind. Mainly I believe this because many things that Ive read over the years that are generous and kind towards his person tend to make the notion that "he has his problems as do all of us."

As an earlier poster wrote there is an uncanny way many people considered musical geniouses have a complicated personality. Take for example: Prince, Michael Jackson, or Mariah Carey. All brilliant songwriters on their own accord but all of them have serious mental problems to go with all that buck & glory their musicality has given them.

Personally I dont care much but I find the notion intriguing. Im not going to be making friends with any of these artistes most likely, and so them being assholes or not has really no affect on me. My listening experience and enjoyment is not affected by my notion of the performers personality. Actually, nowadays I tend to take a complicated personality and stories of such as an indication good musicality in a person ?hihi And furthermore, Im very interested in obtaining the new book on Axl that is coming out which has been said to go into detail on his personality and private life. ?

beer
McDuff
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 12:08:12 PM »

Well I don't think everything is Axl's fault,I mean sure he did take last minute flights and has a history of no show  beer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: