Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does axl know how talented he is??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does axl know how talented he is??  (Read 3057 times)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« on: March 17, 2006, 02:44:15 AM »

I think its a fair question considering the wait we've had.

I mean I'm sure he knows he is good... obviously from his sucess. BUT if he actually knew how much he inspires so many people do you think he'd wait this long to release an album??

If he actually knew what TWAT, Better, The Blues, and madagascar already mean to us and there not even properly recorded yet... would he actually deprive us??

I honestly think axl has no clue how great he is. I think he has a little inkling because of his status and past achievements... but has a huge insecurity about his true genious.

thanks for listening

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 02:54:21 AM »

Axl is an egomaniac, of course he knows how great he is. No matter how great the songs are he still thinks he can make them better. That's how great he thinks he is.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 03:04:14 AM »

I get the feeling that Axl despises almost everybody on GNR message boards. ?I think he wants to eliminate his old fan base ?and create a new one. ?Which may explain why he has the wigga look going. ?He probably feels since we are mostly classic rock fans ?that maybe by him lookin hip hop it will make his old fans reject him. ? I really don't know what is going through his mind ?but this could be possible. ?But if he really wanted us gone he would just drop the gnr name. ? ?As far as(" Axl knowing how talented he is ??") goes ?I would say of course he does, ? you don't get a huge ego and become a prima donna ?if you don't think your the "greatest ?gift to man " ? hihi ? I don't know who has a bigger ego. ? ?Axl ?or Donald trump?? ?
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 03:14:08 AM »

Uhmm no SWINGTRADER I don't think your theory is possible. Plus there are not enough brand new fans to discard the old.

And yes I do think he knows how talented he is, hence he knew he could let the old guys go and do it all without them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 03:51:20 AM »

I get the feeling that Axl despises almost everybody on GNR message boards.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Roll Eyes

Maybe he thinks some fans' opinions are wrong and uninformed, but I doubt he despises "almost everybody"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
godiva
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 05:59:59 AM »

he is quite arrogant in the way he talks about to the press and how he expresses himself in interviews. But I think there is a reason this album is 13 years in the making. It's probably perfectionism created by insecurity. Guess the guy has a dynamic character. No one here personally knows the guy, so it's all mere speculation on our behalf.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 07:28:21 AM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.? Roll Eyes

Maybe he thinks some fans' opinions are wrong and uninformed, but I doubt he despises "almost everybody"....

/jarmo

Yeah, we're the reason he's there!  Come on, we're the supporters of his music, what with this being a GNR Board and all.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 08:10:24 AM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
I agree.

Axl sends me letters of gratitude on a regular basis. rofl rofl

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »

I'll expect to be mentioned sometime during the next tour. Jarmo was anyway. I read the Xoxi story about Axl naming her, she said she was very pro Axl at that time, but thought Axl might have been mad at her for posting his police photo from '98. She posted a image that listed his SS number. The horror...the horror..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:25:39 AM by jabba2 » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »

I'll expect to be mentioned sometime during the next tour. Jarmo was anyway. I read the Xoxi story about Axl naming her, she said she was very pro Axl at that time, but thought Axl might have been mad at her for posting his police photo from '98. She posted a image that listed his serial number. The horror...the horror..

well I think dave2k is going to get a shout out at the next gig.. Might even invite him up there to sing kohd..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »

I'll expect to be mentioned sometime during the next tour. Jarmo was anyway. I read the Xoxi story about Axl naming her, she said she was very pro Axl at that time, but thought Axl might have been mad at her for posting his police photo from '98. She posted a image that listed his serial number. The horror...the horror..

well I think dave2k is going to get a shout out at the next gig.. Might even invite him up there to sing kohd..
Yeah, Axl will blindfold dave on stage to symbolize him being the king of the blind Axl followers. rofl rofl

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 08:27:38 AM »

I already have a puffy jacket ready just in case he invites me on piano.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:28:38 AM »

just wear a jersey of the city you're in so you can't go wrong, that way you can join him on any song.. beer
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »

just wear a jersey of the city you're in so you can't go wrong, that way you can join him on any song.. beer

Thats treading on sacred territory there. You cant have two people on stage wearing the jersey. I wouldnt mind dressing in leather But Chris Pittman has that look already taken. 2 erotic bikers in one band wont mix.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »

Thats treading on sacred territory there. You cant have two people on stage wearing the jersey. I wouldnt mind dressing in leather But Chris Pittman has that look already taken. 2 erotic bikers in one band wont mix.

Yeah, just ask the Village People.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 09:01:48 AM »

he is quite arrogant in the way he talks about to the press and how he expresses himself in interviews.

I thought the Kurt Loder interview from the 2002 VMA's was very honest and respectful.  I didn't sense any arrogance in Axl at all.  In fact, he was very friendly and down to earth.

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 09:34:05 AM »

lol did you not hear his voice in 2002. like hows about was good. and as fare as inspireing people. i think the grunge pussy scean killed any singer inspired by axl. to bad rock n roll had to go in to a colma. til VR of course. i think axls old. his voice is dieing, and if hes not smart enough to realize the only way to gain succes is to reforme that band then i bet you he thinks hes some kind of god still. lol but as scott seid a king is no king with out his court.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 09:45:02 AM »

His yes men tell him how good he is all of the time.

VRslash, it called proof reading. 
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »

i think he knows just how talented he is, and that's part of the problem. he had fame at an early age, and not just fame, GnR was just fucking huge. i think alot of it went straight to his head. he also has this obsession to "bury" appetite from what i've seen in interviews and such. he needs to realize that's just not gonna happen, and put out the best cd he can put out in 2006.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »

if anything AXL thinks he is more talented then he really is

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: