Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 12:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  did they do it?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: did they do it?  (Read 3858 times)
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 16, 2006, 08:02:59 PM »

Like did they?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:50:05 AM by Mr_Brownface » Logged
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:10:21 PM »

Well so far only The Blues and Catcher in the Rye are piano oriented Tongue
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:14:52 PM »

i think maNY OTHER THE SONGS WILL BE DIFFERENT TYPES (yes i know it was in caps lock Grin) so everyone can enjoy something

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:15:57 AM »

I heard one of the new songs is going to have Axl playing the accordion  while singing   .
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45:47 AM »

NO, but I hope 25% are...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

how the hell could we know it? Huh

Manners
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 04:20:28 AM »

I personally hope so, for me there is something about songs that contain a piano and electric guitars.

Lets take a look at what songs by GNR have that contained piano: November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, Catcher in the Rye, TWAT, Madagascer, The Blues to name but a few. In my mind these are at the very top of GNR's resume!  smoking
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 05:36:53 AM »

I don't know if most are going to be piano oriented, but so far I do see many are slow openers... Oh my god so far is the coolest opener... I would love one ycbm, it's so easy, or possibly scom wttj opener ,or even a right next door to hell... That's what's missing for me personally.. I know CD has a harder opening, but the song for me is weak..
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 06:47:03 AM »

I would rather they weren't all piano based. Whilst the songs are beautiful and exceptional. I like to bear in mind that Guns N' Roses are a rock band and need to do just that to rock. So far I'm impressed with Better, IRS and Chinese Democracy - These sound like damn good rock songs and from what I hear 'Prostitute' and 'The General' are hard rockers as well. ok

There's not anymore that I can do...
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 07:25:25 AM »

I want the songs to all have something different.  I like piano music and all, and the UYI songs with piano rocked!  But I'm sure that there are a few among us who prefer the music on AFD, with no piano.  I think Axl will try to appeal to all fans, having a different and unique sound for each song.  Especially since we've been waiting so long!  If all the songs sound the same, I probably won't enjoy it as much.  So I'd like to hear piano on some songs, and not hear it on others.   peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 07:30:53 AM »

how the hell could we know it? Huh

no shit  Tongue

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 08:56:40 AM »

So far there is no piano on Better, Chinese Democracy, and IRS out of the ones that are most likely to be on the record.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »

I went to Comp USA today they were out of what I was there for (RAM).?

That sucks.

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »

axl's solo album or as u people call it GnR CD. lol is going to be over produced. its prolly not going to be that great but u will wership it like its some kind of god. so lets not lie to each other. GnR isnt GnR until at least slash and duff are there. and that will never happen. so as far as axl and teh nu GnR. i dont think there is a NuGnR. its pritty much a solo album, and hes dissrespecting the name with that faggot circus he came out with in 2002. if some one in gnr was dead the would be rolling over in there grave. good thing there not.  peace

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 09:30:40 AM »

GnR isnt GnR until at least slash and duff are there.

says who? you? alright... thanx for your time
and btw, why do you have that avatar...?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 09:46:02 AM »

yeah says me. what of it.

its like james being the only member of metallica on the next album. who the fuck wants that.

i only rep for the real GNR. and the logo is cool. prolly not a offical logo. axl will prolly throw some stupid crap like the 2002 logo to gether. yeah like thats cool. i expect the new album to be over produced. its going to sound like a mess.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »

It sounds as if most of the songs on the CD CD are going to be based around piano. This is not necessarily a bad thing because most of Axl's piano songs have been really good.? I went to Comp USA today they were out of what I was there for (RAM).?

not based around it necessarily but melodies Axl wrote prolly originated on one ok

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 10:03:34 AM »

CD is gonna definately be a real mixed bag, 13 years of writing is not exaclty gonna follow a consitant theme. This album isn't gonna be "Sea Change".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:05:28 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »

yeah says me. what of it.

its like james being the only member of metallica on the next album. who the fuck wants that.

i only rep for the real GNR. and the logo is cool. prolly not a offical logo. axl will prolly throw some stupid crap like the 2002 logo to gether. yeah like thats cool. i expect the new album to be over produced. its going to sound like a mess.

I am not into the name of this band being called gnr.. people know what you are saying and I agree, motley crue isn't just vince neil, metallica isn't james alone, aerosmith isn't just steven tyler..  I guess if those people are your favorites then that is those bands then.. Once you have replacements replacing replaements then it loses it's magic..  I think age matters as well, f you grew up when afd hit and gnr was there you might only see afd and lies as gnr.. I think, this is just my honest opinion, once your two guitar players leave, then tehir back ups, your bass player go through two drummers then have add ons it's not the same anymore and it shouldn't be acted like it is.. If you got into gnr in 99 then that might be different

I follow this current thing because I am a fan of axl, I follow slash or duff or izzy too even steve when he's around... Just for me the gnr name is important so I pay a little closer attention to it and who is in it or using it..
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 10:18:53 AM »

To me, the name Guns N' Roses made a lot more sense when Tracii Guns and Axl Rose were together.  Band names are important and the band made it big with Axl, Slash, Duff, & co.  However, to be fair, Axl never left the band, the band left Axl.  Legally, he owns the name so it's obvious he'll use it.  The Guns N' Roses name will sell a hell of a lot more tickets and albums than the Axl Rose name.  But, I think Axl wants the public to know that this isn't the same band.  He changed the logo, look, and sound of the band. 

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: