Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 03:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  nme review album in next issue???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nme review album in next issue???  (Read 18188 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2006, 01:52:13 AM »

March 26 isnt even a tue its a sunday isnt it? Its bullshit.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2006, 01:55:04 AM »

heres a link to where he also posted this
(man im gullable)

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=11533
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »

Yeah, I hate it when fakes dont bother to look at calendars. hihi

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2006, 01:57:14 AM »

I think CD will drop in May right before RIR. The perfect date is the tue before rio May 23rd
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 02:00:10 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2006, 01:57:49 AM »

didnt slash say march also?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2006, 02:00:24 AM »

You didn't know that Slash is a liar?? nervous nervous...... rofl

Steel_Angel
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »

You didn't know that Slash is a liar?? nervous nervous...... rofl
you know him?!?  Shocked Shocked Kiss
RichardNixon
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 02:05:20 AM »

I think CD will drop in May right before RIR. The perfect date is the tue before rio May 23rd

That would make sense. Just release the fucking album already. If it doesn't come out in 2006, even with all the tour dates, that would just be fucking nuts. Why complete 36 songs? WHy not just go with 13 stong cuts and release them right away. This could go on forever.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 02:54:13 AM »

That would make sense. Just release the fucking album already. If it doesn't come out in 2006, even with all the tour dates, that would just be fucking nuts. Why complete 36 songs? WHy not just go with 13 stong cuts and release them right away. This could go on forever.

He should release it the day after they play RIR, that'd be one hell of a rant before he exits stage left...."oh by the way, you might want to go to your record stores tomorrow....SEE YOU THIS SUMMER! haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 04:09:17 AM »

So, now it's 9AM over there in Fishnchipsland. Do we really have NO English around here?!

Restraint is for suckers.
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2006, 04:14:01 AM »

i just read NME today in a newsagents. it's just a review of IRS, TWAT, Better, CITR and the Blues.

typically NME get alot of the facts wrong says TWAT is the only 'new' song as the rest have been played live before?!

they also have a pic of Brian May claiming he played on a 'un-named track' on the album - nice research there NME!

the reviews of the songs are pretty positive though. their favourite is TWAT and they say CITR has a beatles-esque sing-along chorus.

the only reviewed the extended version of better, not the whole track and they said it cuts off as it get's interesting (or something like that)

they also claim GNR has only one london show planned at the present (download) but that they may be planning a smaller london club show around the same time.

I guess someone will type it all up here soon. I didn't buy a copy cos there's really nothing new in the article.

to sum up: all old news, but a quite positive review of the leaks
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2006, 04:14:25 AM »

So, now it's 9AM over there in Fishnchipsland. Do we really have NO English around here?!

I'm English but I couldn't give a flying fuck what NME says about anything and neither should anyone else.
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2006, 04:16:56 AM »

Thanks illoozion. As we thought.

And TWAT: I agree, but I think it's interesting nevertheless because it WILL be read by many ppl. Well, these ppl may have no taste, but they ARE buyers, so if we want Axl to have commercial success, he needs these ppl too. That's why I'm interested.

Restraint is for suckers.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2006, 04:48:05 AM »

i just read NME today in a newsagents. it's just a review of IRS, TWAT, Better, CITR and the Blues.

typically NME get alot of the facts wrong says TWAT is the only 'new' song as the rest have been played live before?!

they also have a pic of Brian May claiming he played on a 'un-named track' on the album - nice research there NME!

the reviews of the songs are pretty positive though. their favourite is TWAT and they say CITR has a beatles-esque sing-along chorus.

the only reviewed the extended version of better, not the whole track and they said it cuts off as it get's interesting (or something like that)

they also claim GNR has only one london show planned at the present (download) but that they may be planning a smaller london club show around the same time.

I guess someone will type it all up here soon. I didn't buy a copy cos there's really nothing new in the article.

to sum up: all old news, but a quite positive review of the leaks

Frustrating mistakes.... but nice to see another positive review. Hopefully Uncle Axl is encouraged by the recent positive feedback in the media... ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2006, 05:34:42 AM »

yeah download is not in london, so did they actualyl say a london show is planned or did they say donwload is planned plus another london gig?

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

i think it said that GNR had only confirmed one UK show (download) but that they may/are/might be planning another smaller london club show around the same time as download. they deffinately suggested it was a possibility.

i would think that given the other mistakes and lack of research shown in the NME article, that this smaller london club show is pure speculation by the NME 'journalist'.

can't see it happening, would be fucking cool though! i'd be first in the queue for a small london club show from GNR!
badapple81
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2006, 06:27:19 AM »

Good to see they did their research ?Roll Eyes

Pity they didn't review the full version of Better... without a doubt that would receive rave reviews.

As for March 26.. think about it.. it's now March 15 ?hihi
badapple81
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2006, 06:27:54 AM »

i think it said that GNR had only confirmed one UK show (download) but that they may/are/might be planning another smaller london club show around the same time as download. they deffinately suggested it was a possibility.

i would think that given the other mistakes and lack of research shown in the NME article, that this smaller london club show is pure speculation by the NME 'journalist'.

can't see it happening, would be fucking cool though! i'd be first in the queue for a small london club show from GNR!

Sounds like just speculation but very very possible.
badapple81
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »

Good reviews in all I guess. Could be a lot worse.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2006, 03:19:28 PM »

I think thats the best anyone could have hoped for out of NME. Useless magazine

Jonx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: