Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Identity of leaker known...?!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identity of leaker known...?!  (Read 48611 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2006, 04:02:21 PM »

Why not edit out the personal info?

Why not contact jarmo for verification?

What purpose does editing out the personal info have? ?To do so, I'd have to edit the headers of the email, my initial question, and a whole host of other info. ?And the email would then have been edited, calling into question it's validity.

The email has been sent to trustworthy people for verification. ?You just want to bury your head in the sand on the issue, and ignore it. ?I'm sure jarmo will nicely confirm it says exactly what I say it says:

"No, it wasn't".

In addition, I'm sure he'll confirm the paraphrased question was: Was Better on the CD that contained the IRS leak you played.

And, if for some reason he doesn't have the email anymore, or remember it's contents (and I have no doubt, if that were true, he'd have said so in one of these threads on the subject), I'd be happy to forward it to him again.

Pretty simple, really.

Eyewitnesses are questioned all the time. I have a fair amount of experience in that area pal. I've spent a lot of hours in courtrooms. In my opinion, Trunk's memory makes him less than a spectacular eye witness.

Really? ?Prove it.

Your OPINION on Trunk's memory is irrelevant. ?And you can't prove, without talking to him, that his memory is fuzzy ON THIS ITEM or AT THIS TIME.

I've presented public comments from Trunk. Funny how you even quoted one of them in this very thread, the one about him listening to the CD in the car on the way home.

No, you haven't. ?You've shown an interview that shows he was fuzzy on being VERY SPECIFIC when describing the remaining tracks. If Better wasn't there, how do you suggest he describe it? How do you suggest he tell you, in an interview on details, what's NOT THERE? ?You've taken quotes OUT OF CONTEXT and shown nothing. ?Not a scrap of proof he's wrong.

Read my quotes, Pilfrek. I said I was done UNTIL Trunk responded OR it was apparent he wouldn't reply. It's been a week. He's obviously staying out of this mess. Are you able to comprehend that? Don't quote me on crap if you can't manage to do it right.

LOL, pretty funny considering you've done the exact same thing in trying to "prove" Trunk is mistaken.

Be that as it may, your quote:

"I'm going to drop this until I hear from Trunk or enough time passes that I can safely assume he can't be arsed to reply."

from about March 11th at about 10:20 PM Eastern. 4 - 5 days (not a week...) ago. ?And given you're emailing him at work, and couldn't really expect much before Monday, at the earliest....

Face it, you just can't keep your mouth shut on the issue when your fantasy is being so completely sacked. ?

Trunk never mentioned a single track name besides IRS in the Splat interview, nor in any other interview, and claimed not to know them. Now read my quote. I was referring to song titles.

But he remembered what IRS sounded like when the splat interview occured.....and called it IRS.

And you didn't answer my question, therefore it remains valid. I asked about TWAT also, not CITR, so why are you even bringing that into it?

I did answer your question. ?But, once again, you didn't read it. ?And I'm not going to reprint and bold it for you this time. ?I've answered that question, from you, twice now.

Since I need to baby you, again "And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there?"

AS TO.

WHAT SONGS.

ARE OUT THERE.

Again, I answered you. Apparently you're the one who needs "babying" because you sure miss a lot of the printed words in my posts. ?If, as you claim, you have some semblance of knowledge when it comes to the law, you'd know how a real gag order would work. ?He wouldn't be able to even discuss the subject, never mind confirm or deny something.

As in, a gag order would prevent him from saying "No, it wasn't", just as much as it would prevent hiim from saying "Yes, it was".  His only response could be NO reponse, or a firm "No comment".

Theory blasted to hell.

IRS, having been played on the show, clearly doesn't matter. But since the leaking of the disc, and Trunk claiming to "not know the other names", Trunk hasn't said a name. Is THERE WAS A TIME a fucking hard title? It's in the fucking song. Better could be hard to guess, but TWAT was a known song title AT THE TIME.

How could Better be hard to guess? Given it's in the chorus?

As for not remembering the titles....maybe something has jogged his memory, recently, eh? ?Like maybe actually hearing Better, and US having a title to reference it?? How could he deny it was on the CD 3 years ago when nobody knew it existed?

It seems strange to me that Trunk couldn't confirm that this track was on the CD during the course of three years. It was on all GNR websites after the RS interview. You've been claiming what a music god Trunk is in this thread, and he couldn't do his homework and say "yeah the other track was TWAT?"

Nobody asked him specifics, maybe? ?Nobody directly asked "Was there a song called Better on the CD?" Or those that did, didn't print the material for public consumption? ?

If he's able to confirm Better not being on the CD, it should be pretty fucking easy for him to confirm or deny TWAT. One would THINK he would have done it when asked about songs during earlier interviews, of which he did at least TWO. Yet he says he doesn't know what the other songs were and can only describe them.

Probably could, if he HEARD THE SONG at the time of the question. ?Fact is, he denies it now. ?Why you have a hard time with that is beyond me. ?But cling to your fantasy. ?Your ranting is good theater, if nothing else.

Trunk as an eyewitness is pretty shakey at this point. But we know what your argument shall be; "Trunk told me so it's true!"

My parents once had me believing in the tooth fairy. Need a quarter?

Trunks account is certainly more believable than your fantasy, which has no proof. ?Again, you weren't there. ?You didn't hear it. ?He was, and he did. ?How is your opinion on the matter at all relevant? ?It'd be like a blind man arguing with someone who can see over the sky being blue.

LOL...the fact you'd even make the comparison ?between those two situations (tooth fairy and trunk) is laughable.

Your parents were perpetuating a childhood fantasy.

Trunk was answering a direct question.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:34:02 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2006, 04:04:08 PM »

I don't believe Wes would ever give out the exact story as to where he got that C.D..... he'd be an idiot if he did. Especially in a public forum. I call smokescreen with that Vegas story.

It's an obvious sham. There is no validity to these little theories that the tracks came from clubs. I doubt Axl played any of these old tracks. I'm sure he kept an eye on the DJ booth and didn't let anyone wander off with a CD.

Reporters are being asked to have listening sessions, they don't even get copies, and Axl let some guy wander off at a club for fifteen minutes unsupervised with unreleased tracks?

The only way tracks came from clubs is if they were recorded as they were played. So then, under that theory, Axl played instrumentals and two versions of TWAT?

It doesn't fly.

Prove it.

But, you can't.  So, it's speculation.

And no more well founded than other theories on the subject.

So stop stating your obvious opinion as fact.

Unless, of course, you actually have proof??....

Together again,
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »

C'mon people now, smile on your brother... everybody get together try to love one another right now.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »

piazza hasn't said anything yet, right?

Maybe I should try.

Go for it.

I've sent a letter to him through the Padres organizaion, tried to contact him through their media dept (denied), and attempted to contact him through his agent.

So far, no response.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »

Also I'm sure that the GnR camp would know where it originated

I believe, LONG AGO, that Mysteron confirmed they did, indeed, know where the CD originated from.

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2006, 04:12:27 PM »

Piazza is supposed to be the one who received the domo cd from an anonymous fan by post in the first place and is a big fan of GNR. Maybe he even reads GNR boards? hihi

yeah it's possible, but I think it was said he was a big fan of Music in general

but for the Fan to mail it to him in the first place....must be a fan with connections since this 'Fan' a) had GnR recordings of unreleased stuff that has pretty much been held under wraps and b) had/has Mike Piazza's home address

I think at the time everyone speculated/assumed that Axl sent him the stuff directly, but since Piazza said it was from a 'Fan' that got me thinking it was someone outside GnR, so when i got the BLS album and saw Piazza's name i said well, Zakk knows Axl and always said he was a 'Fan' and to put someone in your liner notes on an album you must know that person (but just a guess there hihi )

just mere speculation, not necessarily any truth to my assumptions, in fact I'm prolly way off. but I read the liner notes for every album i listen to, and as far as i can recall that's the first time I've seen Piazza's name

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2006, 04:14:39 PM »

again who gives a shit where the leak came from... or who the leaker was... you got the tracks so shut the fuck up already..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »

Maybe I should try.

Go for it.

I've sent a letter to him through the Padres organizaion, tried to contact him through their media dept (denied), and attempted to contact him through his agent.

So far, no response.

yeah and i seem to recall Piazza saying he received it in his mail "at home". So.....that would lead me to believe it was not through his fan mail

again who gives a shit where the leak came from... or who the leaker was... you got the tracks so shut the fuck up already..

just talking about stuff til the CD is released man. you alternate posts like this and real posts hihi make up your mind leesixxrose peace

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2006, 04:18:56 PM »

Maybe I should try.

Go for it.

So far, no response.

yeah and i seem to recall Piazza saying he received it in his mail "at home". So.....that would lead me to believe it was not through his fan mail

just talking about stuff til the CD is released man. you alternate posts like this and real posts :hihi: make up your mind leesixxrose :peace:
im just wondering why all the arguing about who leaked it or from what disk??? really who cares just as long as the songs are out there... people get the songs and then fight like its the end of the world when they dont know who leaked them...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2006, 04:19:44 PM »

Not interested in the topic...don't read the discussion.

Together again,
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »

its humorus to listen to you all cry about the leaks like you had anything to do with them. that and your sources that you have on the internet. you help me pass time at work...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2006, 04:28:42 PM »

its humorus to listen to you all cry about the leaks like you had anything to do with them. that and your sources that you have on the internet. you help me pass time at work...

So, then, it is interesting to you, in some way......

Nope, not at all.? I had zero to do with the leaks, and my main "source" on the subject is Trunk, himself.

Gigger and darks info was relativley new to me, but interesting all the same.....

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »

not crying about it. trying to solve a puzzle Grin ever watch CSI? peace

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »

If there are any new unreleased songs out there then maybe they will leak soon too ... Yeah i watched CSI but i dont think that even those guys could solve this mystery as to who the leaker was or what disk had what.... too many people on GnR boards lie their asses off .....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2006, 04:34:54 PM »

If there are any new unreleased songs out there then maybe they will leak soon too ... Yeah i watched CSI but i dont think that even those guys could solve this mystery as to who the leaker was or what disk had what.... too many people on GnR boards lie their asses off .....

Which is EXACTLY why I sent the email I got from Trunk off to jarmo and madison.

That way, no one has to take my say so.

Together again,
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2006, 05:15:40 PM »

What purpose does editing out the personal info have?  To do so, I'd have to edit the headers of the email, my initial question, and a whole host of other info.  And the email would then have been edited, calling into question it's validity.

Editing headers is child's play, so don't make it sound difficult. You've chosen not to post it, which affects the weight I would give it. It's unfortunate that I didn't get a reply from Trunk, but such is life. If he happens to reply later, I'll post it, with a lovely little 127.0.0.1 in place of the IP's in the header.

I chose to contact Trunk rather than Jarmo. Keep in mind I'm not questioning that you got a mail from Trunk, I'm questioning Trunk's memory AND motives.

Eyewitnesses are questioned all the time. I have a fair amount of experience in that area pal. I've spent a lot of hours in courtrooms. In my opinion, Trunk's memory makes him less than a spectacular eye witness.
Really?  Prove it.

And you can't prove, without talking to him, that his memory is fuzzy ON THIS ITEM or AT THIS TIME.

He made public comments STATING his memory was fuzzy in regards to the TRACKS ON THE CD & THE NUMBER OF TRACKS. Those are PROVEN statements from Trunk. That he, two years later, told you something about BETTER leaves LOTS of room for questioning, since he couldn't pinpoint the # of tracks without "I think". It's not "my opinion", it's "my opinion based on Trunks own words."

On this item? You're right, I can't 100% say it, but the fact that he was iffy before certainly makes me suspect he might be iffy now. Especially when I'm not the only one questioning him, and one of the others he is correctly predicted leaks that happened.

I've presented public comments from Trunk. Funny how you even quoted one of them in this very thread, the one about him listening to the CD in the car on the way home.
No, you haven't.  You've shown an interview that shows he was fuzzy on being VERY SPECIFIC when describing the remaining tracks. ...  You've taken quotes OUT OF CONTEXT and shown nothing.  Not a scrap of proof he's wrong.

In what way were those quotes taken out of context? When asked how many tracks were on the CD, he said "I think." For all we know, he didn't hear the full CD and missed Better. Or, misidentified it. Or can't speak about song titles.

Read my quotes, Pilfrek. I said I was done UNTIL Trunk responded OR it was apparent he wouldn't reply. It's been a week. He's obviously staying out of this mess. Are you able to comprehend that? Don't quote me on crap if you can't manage to do it right.

"I'm going to drop this until I hear from Trunk or enough time passes that I can safely assume he can't be arsed to reply."

from about March 11th at about 10:20 PM Eastern. 4 - 5 days (not a week...) ago.  And given you're emailing him at work, and couldn't really expect much before Monday, at the earliest....

Good. You went back to my original quote. It's 5PM Thursday roughly. I've had days with hundreds of emails. I tend to put them in priority and answer them. Those that I'm not answering, I discard. In general, after two days, I've answered anything I intend to, because the next day's shit has already come in.

Face it, you just can't keep your mouth shut on the issue when your fantasy is being so completely sacked. 

It's a free forum my friend. Fact is, I'm starting to suspect it's a blow to your ego that not everyone agrees with you. I'll open my mouth when and where I see fit. If I'm wrong in the end, I'll own up to it.

Trunk never mentioned a single track name besides IRS in the Splat interview, nor in any other interview, and claimed not to know them. Now read my quote. I was referring to song titles.
But he remembered what IRS sounded like when the splat interview occured.....and called it IRS.

IRS was written on the CD and played on the show. In that instance, I don't think anyone would care if he talked about it's name - it was well known. What management would be concerned with is keeping the other tracks quiet. Say someone has CITR, and they know a CD was out there with TWAT - that might make people work. IRS was blown. Other names were not.

And you didn't answer my question, therefore it remains valid. I asked about TWAT also, not CITR, so why are you even bringing that into it?

I did answer your question.  But, once again, you didn't read it.  And I'm not going to reprint and bold it for you this time.  I've answered that question, from you, twice now.

You said you didn't ask about TWAT - did he mention it at all? You don't need to have asked him for it to have come up in the conversation. Aside from you saying "Was better on the CD", did you ask him ANYTHING about the CD?

Now maybe you understand why we question this email that wasn't posted, because there's a bunch of other worthwhile questions. And apparently, they were not asked.

Again, I answered you. Apparently you're the one who needs "babying" because you sure miss a lot of the printed words in my posts.  If, as you claim, you have some semblance of knowledge when it comes to the law, you'd know how a real gag order would work.  He wouldn't be able to even discuss the subject, never mind confirm or deny something.

Oh my lord. You're referring to a gag order given out by a JUDGE, which we know DID NOT happen in this instance.

What would be FAR more likely, since Trunk was cooperating and no judge was ever involved, was that Trunk made some kind of agreement. I.E. Don't give out specifics, don't give out track names.

Funny how he hasn't given specifics or names...

As in, a gag order would prevent him from saying "No, it wasn't", just as much as it would prevent hiim from saying "Yes, it was".  His only response could be NO reponse, or a firm "No comment".

Theory blasted to hell.

You're basing your whole argument on an official gag order that did not happen. From Trunk's own description of meeting Axl's reps, this was a friendly exchange - a don't do it again. I can't even remember if a C&D was issued, but a C&D can be given by a lawyer, what you refer to as a "gag order" is given by a judge.

Nothing is blasted to hell.

Management could have put ANY stipulations on him and you have no idea what they might be.

IRS, having been played on the show, clearly doesn't matter. But since the leaking of the disc, and Trunk claiming to "not know the other names", Trunk hasn't said a name. Is THERE WAS A TIME a fucking hard title? It's in the fucking song. Better could be hard to guess, but TWAT was a known song title AT THE TIME.
How could Better be hard to guess? Given it's in the chorus?

Better does not sound like a typical GNR track name, based on their past. In fact it's probably the simplest name for a track out of any GNR song. "Alone" is also in the chorus. It would be equally suspect as the title to someone who didn't know the title beforehand.

As for not remembering the titles....maybe something has jogged his memory, recently, eh?  Like maybe actually hearing Better, and US having a title to reference it?  How could he deny it was on the CD 3 years ago when nobody knew it existed?

That's possible, but the point here is, other sources have said it WAS the Trunk CD. That same source  basically said which tracks were gonna leak prior to them leaking, and they did. This to me makes the source more credible than an email you got from Trunk with no followup questions based on shit he heard three years ago that he may or may not want to talk about at this point.

Nobody asked him specifics, maybe?  Nobody directly asked "Was there a song called Better on the CD?" Or those that did, didn't print the material for public consumption? 

You have a point in this case, but only in regards to Better. There Was A Time is a well known track name and those words are all over the song. Yet he never mentioned it. Even Dark says that was on the Trunk CD. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know what track that was if he actually listened to the full CD.

Lets recap:

Two sources say TWAT was on the Trunk CD.
TWAT was a known title at the time Trunk got the CD.
Trunk claimed to have at least skimmed the CD in the car, although he wasn't 100% sure on the number of tracks on the CD.
Trunk never, once, said TWAT was a title, instead he said he didn't know what the other tracks were, and that he knew IRS because the CD said it.

This guy couldn't put two and two together? When asked about the other tracks he said he didn't have the names. I would at least expect "It might have been that song TWAT" or "I think it was that song TWAT." It lends credence to the idea that he was asked not to talk about track names or specifics.

Probably could, if he HEARD THE SONG at the time of the question.  Fact is, he denies it now. 

When did he deny hearing the song? Are you referring to TWAT or Better? If he didn't hear one track, there easily could have been more shit he hasn't heard.

Trunks account is certainly more believable than your fantasy, which has no proof.  Again, you weren't there. 

You weren't there either. You've put all your chips on Trunks words, and every time I see them, another contradiction appears.

Note: Due to character limit I had to cut out a lot of quotes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:18:24 PM by kyrie » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2006, 05:25:32 PM »

Pilferk and Kyrie should just hold a public debate on the topic at locations around the world. hihi
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

Wow, I think my head just spun  reading this thread, but its fasinating all the same. Ill just stick to listening to the music . Continue.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2006, 06:09:52 PM »

The only way tracks came from clubs is if they were recorded as they were played. So then, under that theory, Axl played instrumentals and two versions of TWAT?

It doesn't fly.

actually with the proper equipment, you can rip a cd to a hard drive while it's playing. of course that would mean the dj equipment would have to be hooked up to a pc of some sort.
My friend is a part time dj for parties and bars. he has a laptop that he hooks up to his equipment and some of his music is kept on it, and he says that he's ripped cd's that people have asked him to play while he was playing them.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »

yea you just need an audio line in to your computer (yopu could even use a microphone) and record it using whatever software (I think windows even comes with a recorder that records wav files???)

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: