Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Identity of leaker known...?!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identity of leaker known...?!  (Read 48711 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2006, 01:18:06 PM »

This thread is pure dynamite..

A few questions for dark and pilfrek

1. Has the strip club theory been ruled out yet? The presence of instrumentals doesn't exactly lend credence to the theory that axl played this disc a at a strip club?

2. Has GnR squashed the Trunk disc b/c of the presence of Prostitute?

3. Was Mike Piazza used as a herring for Trunk to introduce a demo disc that he was given personally?

My excitement for Prostitute has increased exponentially at this moment. love

1 = unlikely. I first heard this from Pilfrek and he later said it was just a thoery he was floating. It's completely unlikely and there's no corraboration from anyone on it.

2 = the Trunk disc was squashed after IRS was played, and IRS was removed from syndication. Therefore, it would seem that the tracks on the disc were not as important as some here are speculating. Regardless of what was on it, management wanted it surpressed.

3 = I suppose that's a possibility. But why? Trunk could have said the CD was sent to HIM anonymously. That it was in HIS fan mail. Why bring Piazza into it at all?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2006, 01:18:38 PM »

1. Has the strip club theory been ruled out yet? The presence of instrumentals doesn't exactly lend credence to the theory that axl played this disc a at a strip club?

3. Was Mike Piazza used as a herring for Trunk to introduce a demo disc that he was given personally?

1) Nope, not squashed. ?It could also be a rip of the CD he brought in, if it was left with a DJ or anything, so the instrumentals wouldn't have had to have been played. ?Or the Vegas Story could be a cover to "protect the innocent", so to speak.

2) My guess is yes. ?I know there were people VERY worried that would leak, and were looking for evidence. ?And I think the reason they were looking is the only place it could have come from was the Trunk CD. ?But that's pure speculation, on my part.

3) I think Piazza actually DID get the disc. ?Take a look at Trunk's history.....You'll see Piazza seems to be around a lot when things happen to Eddie.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »

1) Nope, not squashed.  It could also be a rip of the CD he brought in, if it was left with a DJ or anything, so the instrumentals wouldn't have had to have been played.  Or the Vegas Story could be a cover to "protect the innocent", so to speak.

2) My guess is yes.  I know there were people VERY worried that would leak, and were looking for evidence.  And I think the reason they were looking is the only place it could have come from was the Trunk CD.  But that's pure speculation, on my part.

3) I think Piazza actually DID get the disc.  Take a look at Trunk's history.....You'll see Piazza seems to be around a lot when things happen to Eddie.

The vegas story was reported in papers. So some newspaper was involved in "protecting the innocent"? The only thing vegas was used for was as a cover by that Wes guy.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »

One of you has "Prostitute". What are you going to do about it...? Leak it and get your 15 seconds of virtual fame or wait too long and lose your cards...?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »

One of you has "Prostitute". What are you going to do about it...? Leak it and get your 15 seconds of virtual fame or wait too long and lose your cards...?

You're right, Pilferk has Prostitute.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »

i think it`s great that prostitute didn`t leak yet and we can look forward to the supposedly strongest track on CD. i swear that if it leaks i won`t listen to it, since this would really spoil the CD release (or prostitute single release(?)...)

it`s really the only case, i`m happy about hoarders hihi

.....leak the vma rehearsals instead ok

why is it rumored to be the strongest track?  is there a source for this?

it`s rumoured to be the strongest track.....so there`s no real source for that. if i remember correctly, people involved with the recording and some(?) band members said it was the best....

also marco beltrami or paul buckmaster (one of those two guys did the orchestration on prostitute...) said that it was a great track and described it. i think splat reported it... i`m not that good in finding articles or quotes hihi

it`s all subjective anyway....... among axl`s favourite tracks are better, twat and the blues, dizzy said the general was his favourite song..... but it`s definitely something worth waiting for peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2006, 01:27:04 PM »

^^ SWEET.  well i hope it doesn't leak before the whole album cause i want to hear it in appropriate context  Wink

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
WARose
Legend

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »

if he has it, he should keep it to himself imo. we don`t need more leaks, especially not prostitute no

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »

And where, pray tell, does this info come from?

All these conflicting reports - Mr. I's "source", Pilfrek's email which is still kept private for reasons he hasn't disclosed, your story - none of them have ANY evidence.

That, sir, is a bald faced lie. ?Completely 100% a lie. ?1) The email is not being kept private. ?It was sent to jarmo and madison for verification. ?2) I have disclosed why I won't post the whole thing on the forums. ?I guess I need to bold it for you : IT CONTAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION I DON'T WANT TO SHARE WITH THE FORUMS! ?Is that now clear enough for you? ?Ask jarmo, if you want confirmation the email contains Trunk's denial, ask jarmo. ?Trunk said "No, it wasn't". ?That's the relevant portion of the email.

And Evidence? ?My god man: Eyewitness testimony stands up in any court in the country. ?How much more evidence do you need?

And from someone questioning the amount of evidence supporting something, your "fantasy" has precious little of it. ?

How about you present some? ?Oh, yeah..you don't HAVE ANY!

Pilfrek can cry to the heavens that Trunk told him something, well, so what? It's three years after the fact that Trunk told him this.

The only evidence in the public record is the statements he made, that he skimmed the disc quickly in the car on the way home from work, that he used the words "I think" when talking about the number of tracks on the CD, and that even a year ago he said he couldn't remember the songs besides IRS.

And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there? The fucking BAND members are rumored to be under a gag order, Trunk got a visit from management/lawyers, they may have told him not to talk about specific track names.

Hey Pilfrek, in your little chat with Trunk, since you put lots of weight on it - did he confirm or deny TWAT being on there?

And you can cry to the heavens that he's wrong...but evidence doesn't support that fact. ?Everything we know about Trunk contradicts that assertion. ?But you go on believing the fantasy. Oh, and I thought you were done talking about this til Trunk responded? ?Yeah, right.

If Trunk were under a gag order, he wouldn't have been able to give the splat interview, or even answer questions on the subject...and he'd likely say so. ?He has, in the past (ie: his termination from from XM) done just that.

I did not ask about TWAT, or CITR, as I said before (though you have a habit of not actually reading things, apparently..it's a common theme in any discussion with you). ?CITR had not leaked yet. ?

Together again,
WARose
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

^^ SWEET.  well i hope it doesn't leak before the whole album cause i want to hear it in appropriate context  Wink

exactely my opinion ok

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »

Not hardly. ?I have exactly what you all have. And usually (and dark can back me up on this) I have it LONG after you guys do.

?Any assertion otherwise is a lie.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:33:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2006, 01:32:03 PM »

1 = unlikely. I first heard this from Pilfrek and he later said it was just a thoery he was floating. It's completely unlikely and there's no corraboration from anyone on it.

Actually, it came from Wes...the original leaker...who says he got them from a stripper in Vegas.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »

The only thing vegas was used for was as a cover by that Wes guy.

That's what I meant by "the vegas story".  Meaning wes's story that he got it from a stripper in Vegas.

Together again,
Steel_Angel
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »

The only thing vegas was used for was as a cover by that Wes guy.

That's what I meant by "the vegas story".? Meaning wes's story that he got it from a stripper in Vegas.
he didnt really get it from a stripper, he got it from his brothers daughter..or so he says..

EDIT: i think he also said she worked in a club or something..and made a copy of axl's cd.................... hihi

he posted this in mygnrforum..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:38:42 PM by frozen_Inferno? » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2006, 01:45:34 PM »

I don't believe Wes would ever give out the exact story as to where he got that C.D..... he'd be an idiot if he did. Especially in a public forum. I call smokescreen with that Vegas story.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »

And where, pray tell, does this info come from?

All these conflicting reports - Mr. I's "source", Pilfrek's email which is still kept private for reasons he hasn't disclosed, your story - none of them have ANY evidence.

That, sir, is a bald faced lie.  Completely 100% a lie.  1) The email is not being kept private.  It was sent to jarmo and madison for verification.  2) I have disclosed why I won't post the whole thing on the forums.  I guess I need to bold it for you : IT CONTAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION I DON'T WANT TO SHARE WITH THE FORUMS!  Is that now clear enough for you?  Ask jarmo, if you want confirmation the email contains Trunk's denial, ask jarmo.  Trunk said "No, it wasn't".  That's the relevant portion of the email.

Why not edit out the personal info?

And Evidence?  My god man: Eyewitness testimony stands up in any court in the country.  How much more evidence do you need?

Eyewitnesses are questioned all the time. I have a fair amount of experience in that area pal. I've spent a lot of hours in courtrooms. In my opinion, Trunk's memory makes him less than a spectacular eye witness.

And from someone questioning the amount of evidence supporting something, your "fantasy" has precious little of it. 

How about you present some?  Oh, yeah..you don't HAVE ANY!

I've presented public comments from Trunk. Funny how you even quoted one of them in this very thread, the one about him listening to the CD in the car on the way home.
Pilfrek can cry to the heavens that Trunk told him something, well, so what? It's three years after the fact that Trunk told him this.

The only evidence in the public record is the statements he made, that he skimmed the disc quickly in the car on the way home from work, that he used the words "I think" when talking about the number of tracks on the CD, and that even a year ago he said he couldn't remember the songs besides IRS.

And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there? The fucking BAND members are rumored to be under a gag order, Trunk got a visit from management/lawyers, they may have told him not to talk about specific track names.

Hey Pilfrek, in your little chat with Trunk, since you put lots of weight on it - did he confirm or deny TWAT being on there?
And you can cry to the heavens that he's wrong...but evidence doesn't support that fact.  Everything we know about Trunk contradicts that assertion.  But you go on believing the fantasy. Oh, and I thought you were done talking about this til Trunk responded?  Yeah, right.

If Trunk were under a gag order, he wouldn't have been able to give the splat interview, or even answer questions on the subject...and he'd likely say so.  He has, in the past (ie: his termination from from XM) done just that.

I did not ask about TWAT, or CITR, as I said before (though you have a habit of not actually reading things, apparently..it's a common theme in any discussion with you).  CITR had not leaked yet. 

Read my quotes, Pilfrek. I said I was done UNTIL Trunk responded OR it was apparent he wouldn't reply. It's been a week. He's obviously staying out of this mess. Are you able to comprehend that? Don't quote me on crap if you can't manage to do it right.

Trunk never mentioned a single track name besides IRS in the Splat interview, nor in any other interview, and claimed not to know them. Now read my quote. I was referring to song titles.

And you didn't answer my question, therefore it remains valid. I asked about TWAT also, not CITR, so why are you even bringing that into it?

Since I need to baby you, again "And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there?"

AS TO.

WHAT SONGS.

ARE OUT THERE.

IRS, having been played on the show, clearly doesn't matter. But since the leaking of the disc, and Trunk claiming to "not know the other names", Trunk hasn't said a name. Is THERE WAS A TIME a fucking hard title? It's in the fucking song. Better could be hard to guess, but TWAT was a known song title AT THE TIME.

It seems strange to me that Trunk couldn't confirm that this track was on the CD during the course of three years. It was on all GNR websites after the RS interview. You've been claiming what a music god Trunk is in this thread, and he couldn't do his homework and say "yeah the other track was TWAT?"

If he's able to confirm Better not being on the CD, it should be pretty fucking easy for him to confirm or deny TWAT. One would THINK he would have done it when asked about songs during earlier interviews, of which he did at least TWO. Yet he says he doesn't know what the other songs were and can only describe them.

Trunk as an eyewitness is pretty shakey at this point. But we know what your argument shall be; "Trunk told me so it's true!"

My parents once had me believing in the tooth fairy. Need a quarter?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:58:59 PM by kyrie » Logged
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »

I don't believe Wes would ever give out the exact story as to where he got that C.D..... he'd be an idiot if he did. Especially in a public forum. I call smokescreen with that Vegas story.

It's an obvious sham. There is no validity to these little theories that the tracks came from clubs. I doubt Axl played any of these old tracks. I'm sure he kept an eye on the DJ booth and didn't let anyone wander off with a CD.

Reporters are being asked to have listening sessions, they don't even get copies, and Axl let some guy wander off at a club for fifteen minutes unsupervised with unreleased tracks?

The only way tracks came from clubs is if they were recorded as they were played. So then, under that theory, Axl played instrumentals and two versions of TWAT?

It doesn't fly.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »

kyrie,

I understand your frustration.  And I realize that, without evidence, its really impossible to know for sure one way or the other.  All I can tell you is that, if you add in Gigger - I've now gotten from three independent sources (one of who works in the radio industry) that Prostitute was the third track on the disc Eddie Trunk received.

I don't have any reason to disbelieve the first two people (one of whom I've known for 10+ years now) and Gigger has had direct contact with Sanctuary in the past - so I also have no reason to doubt him on this issue.

You're entitled to your belief(s) - and no one should attempt to take that way from you.  All I ask is that you pay close attention to ALL of the circumstances revolving around the leaks, and you might be able to begin to see the forest through the trees, so to speak.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »

kyrie,

I understand your frustration.? And I realize that, without evidence, its really impossible to know for sure one way or the other.? All I can tell you is that, if you add in Gigger - I've now gotten from three independent sources (one of who works in the radio industry) that Prostitute was the third track on the disc Eddie Trunk received.

I don't have any reason to disbelieve the first two people (one of whom I've known for 10+ years now) and Gigger has had direct contact with Sanctuary in the past - so I also have no reason to doubt him on this issue.

You're entitled to your belief(s) - and no one should attempt to take that way from you.? All I ask is that you pay close attention to ALL of the circumstances revolving around the leaks, and you might be able to begin to see the forest through the trees, so to speak.

-darknemus

good post dark. the info we have from trunk and others is the only info we have, so how can we ignore it?

Mr.I how can we take your word for it that your mysterious source is right. we have no proof you even have a source.

kyrie
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »

kyrie,

I understand your frustration.  And I realize that, without evidence, its really impossible to know for sure one way or the other.  All I can tell you is that, if you add in Gigger - I've now gotten from three independent sources (one of who works in the radio industry) that Prostitute was the third track on the disc Eddie Trunk received.

You're entitled to your belief(s) - and no one should attempt to take that way from you.  All I ask is that you pay close attention to ALL of the circumstances revolving around the leaks, and you might be able to begin to see the forest through the trees, so to speak.

-darknemus

The circumstanial evidence, however, is starting to build.

The leaks follow the description of the Trunk CD perfectly, except for CITR, which I now believe DID come from another source. The one source I believe in all this predicted exactly what tracks would leak, and in what order. He listed the contents of the CD. I don't know who Mr. I spoke to, and I don't like the way Mr. I handled that "trading" crap, I think too many people were striving for attention, but his source did list him the contents of the CD.

Trunk's memory in interviews was shakey at best; he claimed not to know the other songs despite There Was A Time being obvious if it was indeed on the Trunk CD, as you claimed also (Your statement was IRS, TWAT, and Prostitute were on the Trunk CD, correct)?

The timing of these leaks also brings up questions. We hear Better just weeks after we learn of the title for the first time. Shot in the dark, but it could be someone didn't even know what the track was called until Axl mentioned it... they may have just had it. And, is there not a chance your source was confused on track names?

Or even a chance that the name was CHANGED?

"I never would not that I could
No matter what you paid me"

"If I were you, I'd manage to abhore the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: