Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Identity of leaker known...?!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identity of leaker known...?!  (Read 48709 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »

bad joke.
lol.. yea it was..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2006, 12:00:12 PM »

Haha, even I realized that wasn't funny.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2006, 12:00:41 PM »

Where is Ryan Adam's lawyers when you need them?

Clever. ?But to clarify, the Ryan Adams thing is a little different. ?The leakers are being charged criminally, meaning that they're defending against the state, not Ryan Adams.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

Where is Ryan Adam's lawyers when you need them?

Clever. ?But to clarify, the Ryan Adams thing is a little different. ?The leakers are being charged criminally, meaning that they're defending against the state, not Ryan Adams.
......... Tongue
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2006, 12:02:01 PM »

And now for something completely different.
There's this huge 'crack' at the end of TWAT (and possibly one in Better) : could they be actual watermarks used to identify each CD ?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »

Let me get this straight... there is a Huge Crack in Twat.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2006, 12:03:40 PM »

Let me get this straight... there is a Huge Crack in Twat.

hahahahahahaha

rofl rofl rofl

I laughed out loud at this one

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2006, 12:03:46 PM »

I wonder if Prostitute has a Huge Crack too?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2006, 12:04:18 PM »

This thread is pure dynamite..

A few questions for dark and pilfrek

1. Has the strip club theory been ruled out yet? The presence of instrumentals doesn't exactly lend credence to the theory that axl played this disc a at a strip club?

2. Has GnR squashed the Trunk disc b/c of the presence of Prostitute?

3. Was Mike Piazza used as a herring for Trunk to introduce a demo disc that he was given personally?

My excitement for Prostitute has increased exponentially at this moment. love

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

Wait! I think we need to get to the "bottom" of this "Twat", "Prostitute" "Huge Crack" affair.

...OK I'll stop now.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »

I wonder if Prostitute has a Huge Crack too?

Wait! I think we need to get to the "bottom" of this "Twat", "Prostitute" "Huge Crack" affair.

...OK I'll stop now.
ba-dum-che! ?Grin

So if there's a crack in TWAT, no wonder it leaked...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 12:07:40 PM by Backslash » Logged

Steel_Angel
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2006, 12:13:44 PM »

My excitement for Prostitute has increased exponentially at this moment. love
same here? yes its gonna be better than better Cry
Steel_Angel
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »

Hi I'm a newbie so be gentle eh? There is a section on Wikipedia about CD and it implies that the leaker of some, but not all, of the recently leaked tracks has spoken out:

"Eddie Trunk confirmed that "Better" and "Catcher in the Rye" were not on his CD. The leaker of IRS, Better, and TWAT said they were on the same CD.This would point to at least 3 CD's that had all the leaked tracks".

Any thoughts?

By the way, I just get weird lines when I try to use the italics or underline button. Anyone know why this could be? beer

cop/narc/investigator.
rofl he acts like one rofl
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »

i think it`s great that prostitute didn`t leak yet and we can look forward to the supposedly strongest track on CD. i swear that if it leaks i won`t listen to it, since this would really spoil the CD release (or prostitute single release(?)...)

it`s really the only case, i`m happy about hoarders hihi

.....leak the vma rehearsals instead ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2006, 12:39:42 PM »

Jimbo,

I never said Prostitute would leak for sure as I'm not 100% certain that my source or anyone else has the track. In case you had not read yesterday I openly admitted I lied about having more tracks when CITR leaked so I could remain speaking to people who claimed to have Prostitute. Once again, I determined they were all bullshitting. Saying I had more tracks was what I needed to do in an effort to possibly obtain more, which I did not do.
I have no tracks to leak, if I did, you'd all have them. If it is true that Prostitute is considered one of the strongest new gnr tracks, then it is possible that my source misinformed me that it was not on the Trunk disc as to hopefully kill all speculation that the track hangs in the balance for leaking...my excitement for this track has now too reached another level.

peace
Z
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2006, 12:44:36 PM »

This thread is pure dynamite..

A few questions for dark and pilfrek

1. Has the strip club theory been ruled out yet? The presence of instrumentals doesn't exactly lend credence to the theory that axl played this disc a at a strip club?

It makes plenty sense to me. ?My theory: ?Axl wanted to hear his music in a live/club/public setting. ?He had them play it over the speakers at Crazy Horse Too.

He has on disc some vocals he feels fit the song. ?Then the instrumentals follow the vocals version so that he can run it through his head to see if he might change things around......add some.....delete some.

He returns to LA and messes the songs some more.

Sounds like the methods of a perfectionist to me.

I find it more believable that Trunk is mistaken or dishonest as opposed to Axl dropping his guard long enough for somebody to burn copies of a cd at a strip joint. ?Or even more ridiculous that he would forget to take the cd with him.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

i think it`s great that prostitute didn`t leak yet and we can look forward to the supposedly strongest track on CD. i swear that if it leaks i won`t listen to it, since this would really spoil the CD release (or prostitute single release(?)...)

it`s really the only case, i`m happy about hoarders hihi

.....leak the vma rehearsals instead ok

why is it rumored to be the strongest track?  is there a source for this?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2006, 01:01:04 PM »

The trunk Disc had..

Better
Irs
There Was A Time

It is unknown how CITR got out.

I guess we do need to rehash this again, eh?

Trunk says Better was not on his CD.  I forwarded the email to jarmo and madison at the time.

Did someone else ask him about CITR?

Trunk isn't answering his email these days. No doubt he's sick of all the questions and doesn't want to get involved.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

You don't have to believe me.  As I can't really cite a direct source on this (to protect the individual(s), of course).  But Better was NOT on the Trunk disc.

That disc had IRS, T.W.A.T., & Prostitute.  That disc was sent to between 3-5 people.  For some reason, only Trunk realized what he got.  The Piazza story is a big load of crud, regardless.

When IRS initially leaked from Trunk's show.. the main concern on management's part was Prostitute leaking.  (which I'm still pretty much amazed that it hasn't)

-darknemus

And where, pray tell, does this info come from?

All these conflicting reports - Mr. I's "source", Pilfrek's email which is still kept private for reasons he hasn't disclosed, your story - none of them have ANY evidence. Pilfrek can cry to the heavens that Trunk told him something, well, so what? It's three years after the fact that Trunk told him this.

The only evidence in the public record is the statements he made, that he skimmed the disc quickly in the car on the way home from work, that he used the words "I think" when talking about the number of tracks on the CD, and that even a year ago he said he couldn't remember the songs besides IRS.

And has anyone considered that Trunk might be under a gag order as to what songs are out there? The fucking BAND members are rumored to be under a gag order, Trunk got a visit from management/lawyers, they may have told him not to talk about specific track names.

Hey Pilfrek, in your little chat with Trunk, since you put lots of weight on it - did he confirm or deny TWAT being on there?
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2006, 01:15:06 PM »

And now for something completely different.
There's this huge 'crack' at the end of TWAT (and possibly one in Better) : could they be actual watermarks used to identify each CD ?

Watermarks are extremely easy to remove.

If you remember, a few years ago there was a watermark cracking contest sponsored by an industry-run body - the Secure Digital Music Initiative.

The presented six different watermarking/protection schemes for audio files.

Every single scheme was defeated.

There isn't a single audio copy prevention/indentification scheme in the public realm today that has not been defeated.

Whether or not the person involved in leaking these tracks is knowledgable in that area, however...

And the cracking isn't necessarily an indication of a protection/identification scheme.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: