Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Identity of leaker known...?!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identity of leaker known...?!  (Read 48734 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that those 3 tracks were the only ones on the trunk disc besides the instrumentals.

Except that there were 2 different versions of TWAT on the same disc, which would make a total of 4 tracks with vocals.

I think you would lose that nut.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that those 3 tracks were the only ones on the trunk disc besides the instrumentals.

Except that there were 2 different versions of TWAT on the same disc, which would make a total of 4 tracks with vocals.

I think you would lose that nut.

No, I wouldn't there is 3 songs on the disc.. it doesn't matter that there are 2 dif vocal versions of the same song. The left nut would still be in tact.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »

From 4:36-4:39 you can clearly tell CITR is from a tape... ok

you can hear the tape warping!!

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

From 4:36-4:39 you can clearly tell CITR is from a tape... ok

you can hear the tape warping!!

Wink
estranged.1098
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »

Yes you can, that was mentioned about 20 minutes after the original CITR discussion started though.
McDuff
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »

OK it's wikipedia, c'mon

i could go there right now and type in "CD released tommorrow" if I wanted to
fl
yeah that's true,anyone can edit those pages  smoking
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »

Here's what people don't understand.

Eddie Trunk stated "Better" was not on the Eddie Trunk disc because he didn't want to be part of any lawsuits, etc.. that may come about from the leaks. Eddie Trunk stating "Better" was not on the source disc that was brought to his studio temporarily put him out of the picture as far as his show or the source disc brouth to his studio being behind the leaks. I mean he was ordered to destroy that source disc from management after they caught wind I.R.S was played. The fact that the music from that source disc leaked most likely worried him and he didn't want to be part of all the ruckus.. so he simply said "better" was not on the disc as it then paints the illusion that there is up to 3 source discs. The one with CITR, the one with I.R.S/Twat (Trunk Show) and the third disc that has "Better."

I don't know how much credibility strippers in Vegas having a cd has.....

citr, irs and better are in three diferent qualities tho, what does that tell you?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 11:19:29 PM »

My theory is this: whoever allowed the Trunk disc to get into the "wild" initially by giving it to Piazza also gave a copy to the leaker, or is themself the leaker. In other words, it's the same compilation, but not Trunk's disc.

Then, someone associated with the Guns camp attempted to find out if there were any additional leaks out there (when all the rumours were flying), and was authorized to leak "Catcher in the Rye" after first trying to determine what else was out there. A bonus treat for the fans, if you will, once they were satisfied the rumours were bogus.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 11:22:55 PM »

My theory is this: whoever allowed the Trunk disc to get into the "wild" initially by giving it to Piazza also gave a copy to the leaker, or is themself the leaker. In other words, it's the same compilation, but not Trunk's disc.

Then, someone associated with the Guns camp attempted to find out if there were any additional leaks out there (when all the rumours were flying), and was authorized to leak "Catcher in the Rye" after first trying to determine what else was out there. A bonus treat for the fans, if you will, once they were satisfied the rumours were bogus.

Decent theory, however if CITR was given by management to leak it would have been on cd quality and not on tape quality..... CITR is from a tape, listen to 4:36-4:39 of the track. Wink
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 12:23:26 AM »

Decent theory, however if CITR was given by management to leak it would have been on cd quality and not on tape quality..... CITR is from a tape, listen to 4:36-4:39 of the track.
Very true. However, when you think about it, releasing this old wobbly tape version instead of a crisp cd version would accomplishes 3 things:

1 - People would still want to buy the finished version
2 - No one would suspect them of leaking it
3 - Provides a bonus treat for the fans, since the song title has been known for years, and Axl has apparently said it will not come out until the 2nd or 3rd album (it would be cool if someone had a link to confirm this).

It is unlikely, but it is still possible.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 12:30:56 AM »

you sound very sure of yourself mr intensity? smoking beer ok Huh

Mr. I has a boring life, so makes up his own on the internet

Yet, everything I have posted has been proven true. I said CITR existed, then a 9 second clip leaked. I said CITR would leak, it then leaked. I said Brian May was confirmed to be on CITR, it was then confirmed by him 2 days later. I could go on but the few people I actually talk to via personal pms are the only ones I really care if they believe me or not. I'd be willing to bet my left nut that those 3 tracks were the only ones on the trunk disc besides the instrumentals.

MR I, do you know any other demos that exist? How about Prostitute, Closing on you or Zip it with Shaq?
Are they really out there or they are just rumours???

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Steel_Angel
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »

zip it with shaq .... lol
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 12:45:37 AM »

I believe the first wave of leaks is over, when I was working to uncover more tracks and I had CITR, everyone who claimed more tracks was lying. Even after CITR was leaked and I was lying that I had more to leak so I could remain in contact with people who claimed more tracks, I was still able to determine they were lying.

Now, in regards to a second wave of leaked tracks, I believe that may be possible. Catcher in the Rye was not from management, it was taped by someone. So someone taped some tracks of Chinese Democracy and I do not know if CITR is the only song on the tape. It seems whoever possesses the tape has decided to not leak the rest if there is more to leak.

Prostitute is a legit track, I know the demo exists. Zipit and Closing in on you... I have no idea if they exist. I do know the one "closing in on you" that leaked is completely fake.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2006, 01:15:20 AM »

Decent theory, however if CITR was given by management to leak it would have been on cd quality and not on tape quality..... CITR is from a tape, listen to 4:36-4:39 of the track. Wink
It's very easy to make it to sound like its source is from a tape or whatever. I could make a Better version with the same sound and the glitches.

Bono
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 01:23:16 AM »

The leaks are being done on purpose by "Team Gn'R" people. Think about it.  Axl said people will hear music this year.  Then leaks came out and then dates were announced for the band to play festivals. The leaks are being done on purpose so the fans will be familiar with some of the new material that gets played at these festivals. Axl doesn't want to go out and simply play the jukbox hits again and everyone knows that brand new material does not get the same reaction from a crowd as familiar material does. These leaks are simply for the festival shows. Chinese Democracy is further off than anyone wants to admit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 01:29:27 AM »

These leaks are simply for the festival shows. Chinese Democracy is further off than anyone wants to admit.

I fear the album won't be out this year.

Hopefuly the next wave of leaks will occur sometime after the European tour ends.

I don't care for the identity of the leaker(s), I'm just pleased to see that they are there.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2006, 01:30:40 AM »

I Still don't agree with this and don't think the leaks were done on purpose by the band or anyone affiliated with them.

When I think about it and try to put myself in their position, I would leak only 1 song, and MAYBE another one that isn't slated to be on the album.  If I was on their marketing team, i would do this only when there was a statement about the official single to be made and then maybe 2 weeks or so after the first leak make the announcement.. then after all that craziness dies down, announce the album release date. 

That's what i would do if i were in charge anyway.. but this is GNFNR so who knows what they are planning to Unleash!!!!!!

The leaks are being done on purpose by "Team Gn'R" people. Think about it.  Axl said people will hear music this year.  Then leaks came out and then dates were announced for the band to play festivals. The leaks are being done on purpose so the fans will be familiar with some of the new material that gets played at these festivals. Axl doesn't want to go out and simply play the jukbox hits again and everyone knows that brand new material does not get the same reaction from a crowd as familiar material does. These leaks are simply for the festival shows. Chinese Democracy is further off than anyone wants to admit.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »

The trunk Disc had..

Better
Irs
There Was A Time

It is unknown how CITR got out.

I guess we do need to rehash this again, eh?

Trunk says Better was not on his CD.  I forwarded the email to jarmo and madison at the time.

Did someone else ask him about CITR?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2006, 07:40:37 AM »

well I guess Mr. Intensity and his "secret inside sources" can confirm everything then? Roll Eyes

Well, you have to remember I spoke to a lot of people about possible trades and 95% of them who had those tracks said they were all on the trunk disc....

C.I.T.R was a mystery though.

Trunk, himself, says it wasn't, so.....

Given 95% of the people you were talking to about trades ended up in bullshit....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »

Here's what people don't understand.

Eddie Trunk stated "Better" was not on the Eddie Trunk disc because he didn't want to be part of any lawsuits, etc.. that may come about from the leaks. Eddie Trunk stating "Better" was not on the source disc that was brought to his studio temporarily put him out of the picture as far as his show or the source disc brouth to his studio being behind the leaks. I mean he was ordered to destroy that source disc from management after they caught wind I.R.S was played. The fact that the music from that source disc leaked most likely worried him and he didn't want to be part of all the ruckus.. so he simply said "better" was not on the disc as it then paints the illusion that there is up to 3 source discs. The one with CITR, the one with I.R.S/Twat (Trunk Show) and the third disc that has "Better."

100% bullshit. Talk to Eddie yourself.

Want some logical proof it's bullshit?  Because Eddie saying anything wouldn't matter or remove him from suspicion.  Management knows what was on the Trunk CD.  He couldn't deflect anything by lying.

Nice theory though.? Too bad you don't have any proof.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:08:53 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: