Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:22:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Quality of the Supporting Acts (Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quality of the Supporting Acts (Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine)  (Read 17941 times)
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

mixmaster was kool during 2002 shows... but cky imo was too shitty
anyway the most important is gn'r isn't it?? hehe  Tongue

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Chief
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »

It seems like we probably will only see smaller bands who are just getting started opening for GNR.. I doubt they want to go with co headliners to possibly steal the spotlight from them. So I'm guessing that NIN / Guns tour that people are theorizing about won't happen.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2006, 01:45:33 PM »

Silvertide!!!! or Buckcherry!!!! ok
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2006, 01:47:52 PM »

Backyard Babies!!!

Any of these along with GNR would make me happy. All 3 rock!!!!! beer
Roll on the 9th of June!! drool Release the cd and lets all see GNR back on top again. ok
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:53:42 PM by ROSE » Logged
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2006, 01:52:39 PM »

don't we already have 2 threads talking about Avenged Sevenfold, why don't we just change the banner on the top of the board to A7........

oh yeah, GNR should get HANOI ROCKS , BACKYARD BABIES or BUCKCHERRY to open for them , not 'NEW' Metal crap

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2006, 01:53:25 PM »

I listened to 'bullet for my valentine' today, and they sounded like a really good band to hear live...

I really doubt Axl and Hanoi are in the best of terms at the moment... but don't know for sure of course.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:54:57 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »

backyard babies would rock yeah... ?Tongue but actually i don't give a fuck... we won't be much warmed up since we have to wait 2 hours 'till gnr enters the stage anyway

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »

Man, Bryan Adams could open for GNR and I'd still go...

GNRevolution... the missing link.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »

I would've said Crashd?et if it hadn't been that the singer is dead since earlier this year  Cry

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »

I have seen Bryan Adams before, he is much better than A7 will ever be rofl

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

ROSE
VIP

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2006, 02:01:08 PM »

Who gets to decide the opening act/acts???. Is it the promoters or the headlining act.Huh Huh
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2006, 02:02:52 PM »

I have seen Bryan Adams before, he is much better than A7 will ever be rofl

Wow, A7x must suck... * hihi

*note: I realize that this may cause a fuss, so I'm sorry, but they must if they're worse than Bryan Adams, trust me!  Wink

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »

Who gets to decide the opening act/acts???. Is it the promoters or the headlining act.Huh Huh
I think at least in VR's case the promoter had sent VR a few cds from different bands to choose from.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2006, 02:28:16 PM »

Boston, why such a hate for a band? What have they done to you? Can you not accpet the fact that they are highly talented musicians? You sound pathetic and almost obsessed with a band you hate for what I see as no good reason.. Just because they don't dress they way you want or cause they act like "wanna bes" when they credit GnR and are clearly not trying to be something they are not..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »

Boston, why such a hate for a band? What have they done to you? Can you not accpet the fact that they are highly talented musicians? You sound pathetic and almost obsessed with a band you hate for what I see as no good reason.. Just because they don't dress they way you want or cause they act like "wanna bes" when they credit GnR and are clearly not trying to be something they are not..

I bet it's because his favourite band is probably Boston!  rofl good ol' AOR, eh Bos'??  just kiddin!  peace

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »

I don't hate them, I just think that they should not even be put in the same sentence as a band like. (notice the period)Guns N Roses, I also think they are manipulating the whole CHIN DEM hype for their own means, kind of like NIN is doing, their music is nothing like this, I have seen 3 differnet magazine covers with them on it quoting Guns N Roses songs as the headline.......... they are dressing all 80's now ( may be just the emo trend) make up, two of em wearing NIKKI SIXX stripes on their eyes, if you are going to do this cool, if your music goes against everything this stood for, not very cool, .................SIDE NOTE - I saw My Chem. Romance looking pretty much exactly as A7 last year putting down girls for flashing boobs at a rock concert, that is so un rock n roll, don't look the part, if your not, just to sell records

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2006, 02:49:41 PM »

That's their style. They are into the throw back theme. They do not need to use GnR to their advantage cause well they are already heading to the top. The lead singer looks up to Axl and if he wasn't in a band he'd prob be just like 90 percent of this board and be an Axl crazy poster on one of these GnR message boards.

And of course they do not belong in the same sentence as GnR but thats all the media, not the band. I enjoy some of their songs.. They have classic riffs and a great drum beat to most of their songs.. The singer isnt half bad once you get use to his voice.. It kinda grows on you. No matter what anyone here thinks.. They are pretty much the best band for GnR right now.. They are gaining more fans each day and they are big Guns fans. They could introduce a lot of younger America to Axl Rose.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

I am old school

I think GNR should support the kind of music that made them famous in the first place
ROCK N FUCKIN ROLL

it needs help right now, and Guns N Roses should use their power to do this, it don't matter who opens for them, the tickets will sell, they don't need help in this area ( no one went to VR to see hoobastank, most came late to avoid them).

By this theory why not help out some newer rock n roll bands BACKYARD BAIES ( they did make the best rock n roll record since 'appetite' - TOTAL 13), and some old school heroes of theirs HANOI ROCKS, get them to america finally, they want to do it, just can't do it on their own !!!

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:29 PM »

The problem is the tickets aren't easily sold. The 02 tour wasn't a blockbuster return..The way I see it is.. Its a new GNR so it will need new fans.. Getting a band like A7x or another band with a younger fan base will only help GnR and help sell those tickets that were not sold in 02.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2006, 03:07:03 PM »

The problem is the tickets aren't easily sold. The 02 tour wasn't a blockbuster return..The way I see it is.. Its a new GNR so it will need new fans.. Getting a band like A7x or another band with a younger fan base will only help GnR and help sell those tickets that were not sold in 02.
The only person I talked to about tickets was someone on my board, not sure what country, but tickets sold in 15 minutes, they are not gonna have trouble this time around, most people want rock n roll back, the product is just not their at a major label level yet, it will happen soon enough, till then Guns have the world at their feet pretty much, ,,,,,,,, so , 15 minutes !!!, and why do they need A7?

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: