Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Quality of the Supporting Acts (Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quality of the Supporting Acts (Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine)  (Read 17997 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 11:07:52 PM »

who do these bands sound like?... i don't really know either of them... i wish they went with buckcherry or silvertide
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

who do these bands sound like?

http://www.purevolume.com/avengedsevenfold

There's three songs there to preview.  Those are off their 2nd album.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:11 PM »

AVENGED SEVENFOLD fucking go off in my books!, real rockNroll from a new generation! they look the part too! the guitar players are really good!. great choice by axl if it's true.
AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

who do these bands sound like?

http://www.purevolume.com/avengedsevenfold

There's three songs there to preview.? Those are off their 2nd album.

wow but those songs suck big time!, maybe it's just this new album that rocks.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »

http://www.purevolume.com/avengedsevenfoldca

These are some previews from their latest.  The screamo elements are almost all gone on this.  Bat Country is the big hit.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 11:17:47 PM »

Those songs have a heavy screamo influence.  I still think Chapter 4 is one of their better songs though.

Their newest album pretty much has no screamo singing and is more your traditional sounding metal.

lul
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »

Silvertide should be the perfect opening act for nugnr.. i say let the kids listen to some hard rock then introduce this new generation rock material .. ?peace

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 11:21:15 PM »

Silvertide
Avenged
GnR

That'd be a hell of a show there.

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »

Those songs have a heavy screamo influence.? I still think Chapter 4 is one of their better songs though.

Their newest album pretty much has no screamo singing and is more your traditional sounding metal.

thank god!, the screamo songs suck! some of the worst shit i've ever heard!, it's a good way to reack good music! and show no talent in the process.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:27:14 PM by AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 11:23:59 PM »

That's why they basically revamped their sound.  They wanted to hit a much wider audience.  So they got some of their hardcore fans crying "sellout" but hey, they wouldn't be opening for Uncle Axl if they hadn't changed.

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 11:24:45 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1524314/20060214/avenged_sevenfold.jhtml?headlines=true

gp there to watch 2 of there video clips ! it's good stuff.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

I saw that.  Pretty solid performances for live tv.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 11:28:05 PM »

Beautiful Creatures would be a cool opening act.

AX7 - the more I find out about these dudes the less impressed I am.  I was in barnes and nobles today and they were on the cover of Revolver magazine.  Like I said in another post, these guys just sound/look like they are trying SO hard.  The entire article was about how much drugs they are doing and how they like to shoot guns and how much trouble they got in when they were younger.  Zzzzzz.   If you have to tell other people that you're a bad ass, then you're not bad ass.  These guys go looking for trouble it sounded like....with Axl, the trouble just seemed to come to him, he seemed relunctant or unaware of the repurcussions - and then wouldn't apologize for them b/c he felt he was wronged.  Some people see this as him being a prick and an asshole, to others its pretty bad ass.  AX7 seem like the first choice Smiley

And if Bat Country is their big song, I'm not that impressed.  Any other song titles you guys suggest to listen to, I do want to give these guys a shot as enough people do seem to say they are good, but from the 4-5 songs I've heard, they are just another wanna be hard rock/bad ass band

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 11:30:53 PM »

Pick up their newest album and find out for yourself.  Songs like Beast and the Harlot, Seize the Day, Trashed and Scattered, and Bat Country are good modern rock songs played with some talent.

About all the "trying" thing...I do agree.  But all that shit is 2nd to the music.  I don't get too worked up over that.

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 11:33:16 PM »

Beautiful Creatures would be a cool opening act.

AX7 - the more I find out about these dudes the less impressed I am.? I was in barnes and nobles today and they were on the cover of Revolver magazine.? Like I said in another post, these guys just sound/look like they are trying SO hard.? The entire article was about how much drugs they are doing and how they like to shoot guns and how much trouble they got in when they were younger.? Zzzzzz.? ?If you have to tell other people that you're a bad ass, then you're not bad ass.? These guys go looking for trouble it sounded like....with Axl, the trouble just seemed to come to him, he seemed relunctant or unaware of the repurcussions - and then wouldn't apologize for them b/c he felt he was wronged.? Some people see this as him being a prick and an asshole, to others its pretty bad ass.? AX7 seem like the first choice Smiley

And if Bat Country is their big song, I'm not that impressed.? Any other song titles you guys suggest to listen to, I do want to give these guys a shot as enough people do seem to say they are good, but from the 4-5 songs I've heard, they are just another wanna be hard rock/bad ass band

i agree with most of that, i really like the new music tho, but yeah if you tell people your a bad ass your not! your just a tosser!
axl didn't try. axl was just axl!.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:07 PM »

Those songs have a heavy screamo influence. I still think Chapter 4 is one of their better songs though.

from what I have been told by fans, the singer has lost his voice, he is trying to prolong his carreer by not screaming so much, and what is with Mariylin Manson/Nikki Sixx look all the sudden??

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »

Axl isn't going to pick a band like Beautiful Creatures.  I think he wants to go with bands that are young and up and coming.

Its just like when people were complaining when the Crue cancelled opening for Guns.  Well thats a good thing, sorry, but Axl doesn't want to be associated with that scene anymore.  The guy has tried too hard to accomplish that to start playing with bands like the crue.  I respect the crue's music, but you know what I mean, Axl just wants to carve out something new here.

Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »

from what I have been told by fans, the singer has lost his voice, he is trying to prolong his carreer by not screaming so much

Well, he kills two birds with one stone then.  He saves his voice and hits a whole new audience.

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:29 PM »

from what I have been told by fans, the singer has lost his voice, he is trying to prolong his carreer by not screaming so much

Well, he kills two birds with one stone then.? He saves his voice and hits a whole new audience.

a bigger better audience!, not just a bunch of drop kicks who wouldn't know good music if it smacked them in the face!.

i see for a future for these guys if they keep going down this path.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 11:49:21 PM »

Axl isn't going to pick a band like Beautiful Creatures.  I think he wants to go with bands that are young and up and coming.

Its just like when people were complaining when the Crue cancelled opening for Guns.  Well thats a good thing, sorry, but Axl doesn't want to be associated with that scene anymore.  The guy has tried too hard to accomplish that to start playing with bands like the crue.  I respect the crue's music, but you know what I mean, Axl just wants to carve out something new here.

Good point - its age discrimination b/c I think BCs sound is pretty good.  As others have said, the other BC (buckcherry) would be a cool choice too (plus josh todd hates VR haha).

The article i read mentioned M. Shadows (god i feel like such a poon for even typing that, i mean, do they want to be taken seriously???) had voice problems so he decided to sing instead of scream, plus they wanted to expand their audience as the metalcore scene had been tapped out by them. 

I agree with that other guy too, they're look is totally unoriginal...i'll say it again, they are just trying WAY too hard.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: