Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79963 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2006, 03:11:07 AM »

Slash needs to get something out there. not just lawyer talk.
Thats hilarious. Slash isn't the one using lawyers to do all his talking.

Axl isnt either. He just uses the "guise" of a lawyer when he probably wrote most of the statement. Also speaking of himself in 3rd person. I doubt Slash will go that far, but it shouldnt be a lawyer responding for him.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2006, 03:19:16 AM »

I don't agree with showing up late,or not showing up to shows at all.
But I still support the guy.
Slash should have something to say. And I hope it's not some immature shit like what Scott spewed. Some are giving Duff shit for talking,but saying nothing. You do know it he was probably asked about it?

Scott did the same thing with STP (tons of cancelled shows) and same with VR. A lot of shows were cancelled due to scott being high.

You are a fucking liar and you know it. You honestly should not be saying shitm when it omes into your crazy mind. What is the point of lying, and pissing people off with your lies? Have you ever had anything truthful or intelligent to say here?

To be fair Scott did miss alot of shows with STP due to being high. But with VR they stayed on tour for a long time so any shows that were cancelled were likely scheduled soon after.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2006, 03:33:05 AM »

I don't agree with showing up late,or not showing up to shows at all.
But I still support the guy.
Slash should have something to say. And I hope it's not some immature shit like what Scott spewed. Some are giving Duff shit for talking,but saying nothing. You do know it he was probably asked about it?

Scott did the same thing with STP (tons of cancelled shows) and same with VR. A lot of shows were cancelled due to scott being high.

You are a fucking liar and you know it. You honestly should not be saying shitm when it omes into your crazy mind. What is the point of lying, and pissing people off with your lies? Have you ever had anything truthful or intelligent to say here?

To be fair Scott did miss alot of shows with STP due to being high. But with VR they stayed on tour for a long time so any shows that were cancelled were likely scheduled soon after.

The only cancelled shows with VR were due to managment change. They could not commit to shows when the contract was with an older managment firm.

Cancelling shows for being high? Give me a fucking break. We all know what Scott had to lose if he was getting high.
STP, it was happening all the time. That was the fall of STP.

I lived in columbus ohio at the time. They cancelled the Columbus show, and played Cinci. They came back to columbus on the second leg of the tour.

the fact of the matter is, is that Dave-gnfn whatever, is a lying prick. I'm always catching him lying, or saying biased shit. He should keep his dilluted comments to is own self. If I was jarmo, I'd ban his sorry ass. but I guess you can't ban anyone for lying can you?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:35:54 AM by electricmage » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2006, 03:38:22 AM »

Thats hilarious. Slash isn't the one using lawyers to do all his talking.

Right now he isn't saying a whole lot.  This should be pretty exciting to see go down though.  Might as well get a bag of popcorn and watch the fireworks.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
makane
Legend

« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2006, 03:46:40 AM »

Yeah, it's a good pic, reminds me how things could still be  Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #285 on: March 15, 2006, 04:49:25 AM »

Just caught this...

Once again, the guy most familiar with the baseless "Slash is a liar" routine demonstrates his own contempt for truth and facts.

Please back this up...
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2006, 05:36:50 AM »

Some ppl are doing a hell of alot of assuming... for all you know he couldve said "ohh wait, what slash said" & rolled his eyes like Roll Eyes or perhaps he hadnt talked to slash about it at the time. From all the other evidence to me, it seems total opposite, that VR is very much together. You dont have to hang out every day & talk ion the phone every day to be in a cohesive band, but im sure they wouldnt have booked April 10th studio time if they were not together. So cut this redicolous presumpcion that VR is broken up, which is what some of these redicolous "i hate the old band members even thou they made the band with Axl" probably want.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2006, 06:12:09 AM »

Yeah, it's a good pic, reminds me how things could still be? Undecided

Great pic! Damn, how could it get to this after that??? By the way, I think Duff was very mature about this..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2006, 07:29:38 AM »

I just know that Weiland was the type of guy 10 years ago that was wearing his cardigan sweater, smoking a cig and sitting in a cafe with his alterna-friends bitching/laughing about how bloated, pompous and pathetic Guns N' Roses was... now he's in a band with 3/6's of that line-up.... of course there's going to be friction... ?even in the best of times.

Maoaxl, right on!   ok   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2006, 07:34:29 AM »

I just know that Weiland was the type of guy 10 years ago that was wearing his cardigan sweater, smoking a cig and sitting in a cafe with his alterna-friends bitching/laughing about how bloated, pompous and pathetic Guns N' Roses was... now he's in a band with 3/6's of that line-up.... of course there's going to be friction... ?even in the best of times.

Maoaxl, right on!? ?ok? ?
How is something that isnt true "right on"? I dont remember exactly what year it was(mid 90's), but Weiland did an interview where he gave a tirade about the rock scene that existed late 80's/early 90's. Guess which band he did NOT mention in that tirade?

makane
Legend

« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »

These people are just "right on" for everything which disses ex-gnr members or people around them.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »

some people claim to be gnr fans, when in fact there are some that are just axl rose fans... How many fan forums sit around just picking apart the members of the group..?  The same people will be bashing robin, tommy or whoever else leaves as long as axl stays hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »

You missed the point, as usual.? It was others in this thread praising Axls "plan" - my post was in direct response to theirs.

Oh, so I guess you didn't agree with them regarding Axl having a plan....?

We heard Scott and Matt hanging out on the radio...now if theres friction between them, do you believe they would hang around each other when they dont have to, whether its on the radio or in another band?? If so, explain your logic.

Image?

Maybe it's a totally different situation working in a fun band like Camp Freddy than in VR...

While I wouldnt say it was a plan per se, I do have my own guess as to Axls intentions..it seems very clear to me.? But Ive put the challenge out to others, so maybe youll step up: What purpose do you believe the alleged Slash comments about VR had?? Explain to me the relevance Slashs "hatred" for Matt has to Axls lawsuit.

To show what kind of personality Slash has? That he'll say anything about even his current band mates?

Just guessing.....

There may be no real "proof," but there was also no real need to bring that up in a legal statement, weather true or false.  If he had issues with Slash and Duff, it should have stayed there, not bring others not involved in the lawsuit into the lawsuit.  If it went to trial, then those comments could have come out.  So to view objectively, one would gather that Axl did this mainly to prove that Slash is not the "good" guy that the media supposedly claims while also trying let some other folks question Slash.  It is cunning move in which both attacks other people (Scott and Duff) indirectly, while making Slash look like a shitbag.  It has also caused chaos on this board. 

Obviously Axl thought it was important enough to be mentioned.

It would pretty much be like Slash saying "Axl said Fortus was a sissy" and that "Buckethead was a doo sha bagga."   hihi  If Slash did say that, everyone would say, Slash is trying to ruin GNR by making up shit about them. 

I'm sure Slash could say that if Axl would've told him that about Richard.

Everyone's already saying Axl is trying to ruin both GN'R and VR......  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:06:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2006, 11:26:46 AM »

Oh, so I guess you didn't agree with them regarding Axl having a plan.... 

Ill just assume you wrote this before reading my post and just failed to remove it afterward.

Image?

Maybe it's a totally different situation working in a fun band like Camp Freddy than in VR...

hihi

So no matter what these guys do, just assume its a lie or disingeunous act.  Why?  Because apparently you desperately want to justify Axl Roses conduct and opinions.  In your view, Scott Weiland would drive over to a radio studio to hang with a guy with whom he has friction and pretend to be cool with him for nearly two hours as some kind of image stunt, and somehow thats to be assumed over the possibility that they are indeed friends?  Thats really bizarre and pessimistic logic, but if I were to guess, unsurprisingly selective on your part...keep reaching though.

To show what kind of personality Slash has? That he'll say anything about even his current band mates?

Just guessing.....

...Still waiting for someone to tie that to an ownership lawsuit.  If thats the best excuse to be mustered, its   a stretch and a weak one at that.

Obviously Axl thought it was important enough to be mentioned.

Maybe its possible that Axls priorities arent as virtuous as youd like to believe?  Until somebody can justify that VR paragraph as anything other than a transparently vindictive smear, that will be my guess.

I'm sure Slash could say that if Axl would've told him that about Richard.

Or he could say it regardless.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:32:22 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2006, 11:36:31 AM »

Until somebody can justify that VR paragraph as anything other than a transparently vindictive smear, that will be my guess.

What if Slash mentioned one day that Axl came to him and said that he wanted to reunite with the old band, would you still be singing the same tune? Or would you be telling us how desperate Axls situation is?

...Still waiting for someone to tie that to an ownership lawsuit.  If thats the best excuse to be mustered, its   a stretch and a weak one at that.
Something obiviously happened behind the scenes between Axl and Slash. If the visit is actually true, which as of right now appears to still be true, then whats the problem? Wouldnt you want to know that Axl and Slash had met over recent time? If he said this prior or post this press release would you not be upset and condused and accusing Axl? Who the hell cares. If it happened, it happened...dont dismiss the point just because you dont think its an appropriate time to say something liek that. TOugh luck. Just like its "RNR" for Weiland to spew a 4th grade rant, it was "rnr" for Axl to say the truth. Again, the truth hurts sometimes....rnr doesnt have a rulebook. Axl can say/do whatever he wants as can any1 else...just like SLash can pop out of his tophat and deny the story. Zilch as of now....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:42:55 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2006, 11:39:20 AM »

What if Slash mentioned one day that Axl came to him and said that he wanted to reunite with the old band, would you still be singing the same tune? Or would you be telling us how desperate Axls situation is?
I would tell Slash to prove it.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »

i would just seek a response from Axl. Denying or confirming the situation. HEs being called out not Slash

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Origen
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »

Yeah, it's a good pic, reminds me how things could still be? Undecided

Great pic! Damn, how could it get to this after that??? By the way, I think Duff was very mature about this..

Who added the knife  rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »

i would just seek a response from Axl. Denying or confirming the situation. HEs being called out not Slash
Yeah right, I'm sure that would be your response. I have clear visions in my head of a 200 page "Slash the Liar' thread now.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2006, 12:02:50 PM »

Yeah right, I'm sure that would be your response. I have clear visions in my head of a 200 page "Slash the Liar' thread now.

Nope, it would be up to Axl to confirm or deny.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: