Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79953 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2006, 10:28:20 PM »

I have the tape of Slash from the security camera at Axl's house. I'm ready to trade it for Prostitute, Thyme and 2:03 of The General.
 ok

Dude, don't steal posts from other boards and paste them here as your own. Not cool.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2006, 10:34:19 PM »

Is Slash still part of VR? ?

Without Slash VR is nothing.
Slash is the biggest draw to the band... I know if It weren't for Slash I wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to Velvet as I do know.

i agree, slash is vr!.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2006, 10:36:08 PM »

I have the tape of Slash from the security camera at Axl's house. I'm ready to trade it for Prostitute, Thyme and 2:03 of The General.
 ok

Dude, don't steal posts from other boards and paste them here as your own. Not cool.

Holy shit, you stole someone's post?  That is focking awful....... rofl
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2006, 10:37:50 PM »

ok

He is stealing posts from the Bar. This is at least the second one he ripped.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2006, 10:41:09 PM »

Duff's statements totally have the right tone and I admire his approach. ? However, I personally think Duff and Scott co-ordinated their response with Scott being using the "bad cop" approach with Duff being the amicable good cop. ?This way, Duff doesn't alienate the old Gn'R fans but VR still had someone coming out swinging defending their honour and they get good publicity.

Somebody, said it earlier..... both sides win since they are getting increased exposure. ?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:06 PM »

ok

He is stealing posts from the Bar. This is at least the second one he ripped.

Olivers lawsuit starts now!  ok

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:28 PM »

http://www.6767.com/radio/podcast/cfrmarch11.mp3 ? ? ? ?you probably heard this already ? ? radio show with Matt

Sorum as interviewer. ? ?Features Weiland, ?Duff ?and Dave Navarro ? ? ? I almost forgot how fuckin gay Sorum sounds. ?

This is a pretty good interview. ?I like it!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:59 PM »

Is Slash still part of VR? 

Without Slash VR is nothing.
Slash is the biggest draw to the band... I know if It weren't for Slash I wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to Velvet as I do know.

i agree, slash is vr!.

Interesting to look at it that way, I wonder if it was Scott just doing some kind of solo project with a semi well known guitarist, like a dave navarro name (in terms of fame) if anyone would care.  I would think not nearly as much.

Whats ironic is I think VR is some of Slash's most uninspired/boring work.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:48:31 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:46 PM »

Yaay for Duff.   He is being a big man here.... won't sling mud ok:  best way to be

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:43 PM »

Duff did what he needed to do.  When Slash speaks, well, its going to have to be something big.  It fucking has to.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Bono
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:40 PM »

Who knows what to think. Slash and Duff have no doubt been in contact so maybe it's alreday been decided that this is Slash's deal. Let's wait and see what Slash has to say if anything before we read to much into Duff's course of action here. It is nice though to finally see SOMEONE acting like a mature adult for a change. ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »

U know the funniest thing though?

Id bet my hair that Duff would kill Slash or Axl in a fight with relative ease.

So the fact he is a bad ass and doesnt have to flaunt it makes me respect Duff even more.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2006, 12:47:18 AM »

rock n roll is not "mature" go and drink your prune juice and listen to mature boring AS hell u2...

Live N' Let Die
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2006, 01:04:59 AM »

rock n roll is not "mature" go and drink your prune juice and listen to mature boring AS hell u2...

For the fucking win.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2006, 01:11:35 AM »

Now I guess you disagree, but it seems your logic implies that we should assume every band is on the verge of breakup because Guns N' Roses broke up and Metallica doesnt get along.? Its thats how you view every band then fine...but to dispute my point - that theres no evidence that Axls so-called plan is working to split VR - well...you should have some evidence.

You should have some evidence that Axl had that plan. It's your opinion, nothing more.

You think he had a plan and you posted that it didn't work out because Scott joined Camp Freddy. The way I see it, that was your evidence. I pointed out that even if bands play together it doesn't it mean there's no friction. As far as I'm concerned, you didn't really prove that much.

You have no proof that Axl had any plan to cause friction in VR.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2006, 01:14:13 AM »

To add to Jarmo's post, If VR are as "Tight" as they claim to be, nothing Axl or anyone could say would cause a rift anyway.

The only way problems would be caused is if tension and problems already existed.

I think everyone here has probably at one time or another said something bad about a friend or coworker but inside didnt really mean it, u might have felt a certain way at the time but its not like u always feel that way.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2006, 01:18:52 AM »

You should have some evidence that Axl had that plan. It's your opinion, nothing more.

You think he had a plan and you posted that it didn't work out because Scott joined Camp Freddy. The way I see it, that was your evidence. I pointed out that even if bands play together it doesn't it mean there's no friction. As far as I'm concerned, you didn't really prove that much.

/jarmo
I would agree with that. I know most here dont have the same view as me, but I think the Axl comments were to start some sort of game with Slash. The trial is coming up, and maybe he wanted to create some drama in concern to that. I'm not sure. Obviously, IF the october morning meeting did in fact occur, then its a whole new ballgame. But that cant be proven without actual evidence. I highly doubt Axl has intentions of breaking up VR. His material blows theirs out of the water, so why would he give a damn about breaking them up?

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2006, 01:24:58 AM »

/jarmo
I would agree with that. I know most here dont have the same view as me, but I think the Axl comments were to start some sort of game with Slash. The trial is coming up, and maybe he wanted to create some drama in concern to that. I'm not sure. Obviously, IF the october morning meeting did in fact occur, then its a whole new ballgame. But that cant be proven without actual evidence. I highly doubt Axl has intentions of breaking up VR. His material blows theirs out of the water, so why would he give a damn about breaking them up?

It could well be a stunt to garner publicity

But it reeks of shit stirring in the first instance

Scott could have checked his response a little (more sensationalism), but it sure will be interesting to hear Slashs version of events

inevitably he will be asked the question at some point "did you go to Axls house?"

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2006, 01:25:04 AM »

Now I guess you disagree, but it seems your logic implies that we should assume every band is on the verge of breakup because Guns N' Roses broke up and Metallica doesnt get along.? Its thats how you view every band then fine...but to dispute my point - that theres no evidence that Axls so-called plan is working to split VR - well...you should have some evidence.

/jarmo

Greta Van Jarmo, you are a little wrong. ?There may be no real "proof," but there was also no real need to bring that up in a legal statement, weather true or false. ?If he had issues with Slash and Duff, it should have stayed there, not bring others not involved in the lawsuit into the lawsuit. ?If it went to trial, then those comments could have come out. ?So to view objectively, one would gather that Axl did this mainly to prove that Slash is not the "good" guy that the media supposedly claims while also trying let some other folks question Slash. ?It is cunning move in which both attacks other people (Scott and Duff) indirectly, while making Slash look like a shitbag. ?It has also caused chaos on this board. ?It would pretty much be like Slash saying "Axl said Fortus was a sissy" and that "Buckethead was a doo sha bagga." ? hihi ?If Slash did say that, everyone would say, Slash is trying to ruin GNR by making up shit about them. ?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2006, 01:30:36 AM »

It could well be a stunt to garner publicity

But it reeks of shit stirring in the first instance

Scott could have checked his response a little (more sensationalism), but it sure will be interesting to hear Slashs version of events

inevitably he will be asked the question at some point "did you go to Axls house?"
Yeah, it was definitely "shit stirring". But I dont think it had as much to do with VR. It was more of a slap in the face to Slash. But since the comments did include mentions of VR, it had a slightly different effect.

Yeah, Weiland should have toned down the insults.

Yeah, it could definitely be a publicity stunt, especially if CD is on the launch pad. Maybe Axl wants to antagonize some people he considers enemies, then blow them all away with a CD release.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: