Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79873 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »

we're not getting into that one again - if youre going to make statements like that , do the following

a) provide examples of when Slash has lied

late 2001 Slash confirms that nu GnR are going to be playing "i heard hes planning a few shows in vegas this year"

2 days later bucketheads website and GnR anounce that they will play 2 nite at the Joint in Vegs

2 weeks later Slash is being asked about being turned away at the Joint and he goes on the radio and says
" I was staying at the HRC in vegas with my wife and we noticed a flyer in the room that GnR was playing, Ive never seen a GnR show from the crowd so we go down to try to check it out and get turned away"

Slash was able to scoop GnR's announcment of the show thru his insider knowledge then steal the headlines from the show by showing up.....

all the while he LIES....LIES LIES about not know the show was gonna happen....

I can recall many times slash has lied... this is just one....

we're not getting into that one again - if youre going to make statements like that , do the following
b) explain how it was not a lie that Axl found out about his cancelled European tour on the internet

you have no proof that he didnt.... Didnt Dougie Goldstien loose his job shortly after?????

you have no idea.....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2006, 06:46:44 PM »

This is typically respectable...Duff is a true class act and the statement is good in that it really says nothing either way, although it will be looked into by those with agendas.

For those in awe over Axls divide-and-conquer strategy, youll be pleased to know that Scott just joined Camp Freddy with Matt, praised Slash on CF Radio, and both stated how excited they are to begin recording next month. 

I guess the scheme is working to perfection?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »

b) explain how it was not a lie that Axl found out about his cancelled European tour on the internet

Doug Goldstein took the blame for booking those shows.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=412

So if Axl got the news that the tour was cancelled by reading it on, for example, MTV.com, he really heard about it on the Internet. ?Tongue

For those in awe over Axls divide-and-conquer strategy, youll be pleased to know that Scott just joined Camp Freddy with Matt, praised Slash on CF Radio, and both stated how excited they are to begin recording next month. 

Please Booker, you know better than that. GN'R were "brothers" and a "gang" at one point. Look what happened.

How about Metallica? They don't get a long that great either but they stil record albums and tour.

I'm sure STP were considering themselves to be close, but they managed to break up too.

Very few bands get along great......

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:51:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2006, 06:50:08 PM »

Axls a smart guy. ?If there was any coversation between S and A I feel pretty confident in saying that Axl had the coversation on tape. ?Axls spent too much of his time in court over the years to know to have important conversations taped. ?And Slash probably knows this, hence why it's taking so long for his statement on the matter.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »

WTF? ?I don't buy the "divide and conquer" bullshit. ?It makes no sense. ?A functioning VR is a beautiful synergy for Guns N Roses. ?Why did Axl mention his personal meeting with Slash? ?To give an example of why this guy who's suing him is not to be trusted. ?Plain and fucking simple. ? peace

BTW, I just read Thorazine's post...EXACTLY!   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
estranged.1098
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2006, 06:55:52 PM »

This is typically respectable...Duff is a true class act and the statement is good in that it really says nothing either way, although it will be looked into by those with agendas.

Why do you assume there's a scheme?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »

/jarmo

Sooo very true.... Im quite sure they are looking forward to recording thier second album.... there is going to be alot of money made for the 2nd VR album.... just the same as the new GnR album.....
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2006, 07:02:16 PM »

Axls a smart guy. ?If there was any coversation between S and A I feel pretty confident in saying that Axl had the coversation on tape. ?Axls spent too much of his time in court over the years to know to have important conversations taped. ?And Slash probably knows this, hence why it's taking so long for his statement on the matter.

I keep reading statements like this and though i agree that axl is paranoid to do something like that, without the permission of the person being taped, or without the permission of a court system to record a person, or without making it painfully obvious to the person that they are being taped, you cant really use any recorded materials in a court of law.

i dont think that slash is dumb enough to knowingly make these statements into a recording device, so such recordings would only serve the purpose of amusing axl.

dont get me wrong, i do beleive he might have a copy of this conversation. hey, maybe itll be the next leak.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:05:10 PM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »

Please Booker, you know better than that. GN'R were "brothers" and a "gang" at one point. Look what happened.

How about Metallica? They don't get a long that great either but they stil record albums and tour.

I'm sure STP were considering themselves to be close, but they managed to break up too.

confused

Please point to the part of my post claiming they "get along great?"

Im saying that those celebrating Axls perceived scheme are doing so prematurely since it was only a day after Scotts statement that he and Matt were getting along great on the Camp Freddy radio show.  And they obviously get along well enough that Scott took the initiative to joing CF and spend even more time with Matt.  As for the others, I cant say, but things are currently well enough that theyre starting album production next month.

Now I guess you disagree, but it seems your logic implies that we should assume every band is on the verge of breakup because Guns N' Roses broke up and Metallica doesnt get along.  Its thats how you view every band then fine...but to dispute my point - that theres no evidence that Axls so-called plan is working to split VR - well...you should have some evidence.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »

confused

Please point to the part of my post claiming they "get along great?"

Im saying that those celebrating Axls perceived scheme are doing so prematurely since it was only a day after Scotts statement that he and Matt were getting along great on the Camp Freddy radio show.  And they obviously get along well enough that Scott took the initiative to joing CF and spend even more time with Matt.  As for the others, I cant say, but things are currently well enough that theyre starting album production next month.

Now I guess you disagree, but it seems your logic implies that we should assume every band is on the verge of breakup because Guns N' Roses broke up and Metallica doesnt get along.  Its thats how you view every band then fine...but to dispute my point - that theres no evidence that Axls so-called plan is working to split VR - well...you should have some evidence.

And you expect to see direct evidence a week after the allegation surfaces?

The difference in reaction between Duff and Scott is evidence enough for me that this band is not operating from the same manual. I also think Axl hit a nerve with Scott.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2006, 07:12:02 PM »

Why do you assume there's a scheme?

Thats how some posters in the first few pages of this thread seem to view it...

Axl planted a seed and it seems to be working

There's no doubt about that.  Axl needs to moonlight as a Political Stratagist. Grin

You should ask them, too.

My personal opinion is that, considering that the VR passage was completely irrelevant to the lawsuit, it probably was a scheme designed to cause friction within VR.  However, if you can tie Slash supposedly hating Matt into Axls coutersuit, please do so.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »

My personal opinion is that, considering that the VR passage was completely irrelevant to the lawsuit, it probably was a scheme designed to cause friction within VR.

I agree that Axl included that section of the statement for precisely that reason, although there were rumors of friction in VR already.

If, in fact, Axl's allegation is true, which I am leaning toward at this moment, then the possibility increases that an old wound is reopened.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:17:53 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2006, 07:19:15 PM »

And you expect to see direct evidence a week after the allegation surfaces?

Well if theres no evidence, then I guess you join me in questioning statements such as "Axl planted a seed and it seems to be working"?

And if theres no evidence, then why would my first post be disputed with implications that VR may break up or not get along? 

The difference in reaction between Duff and Scott is evidence enough for me that this band is not operating from the same manual. I also think Axl hit a nerve with Scott.

Or that theyre two different men with two different styles? 

Scott ranted against Axl and Matt basically laughed it off on CF Radio...well, since Matt didnt react similar to Scott I suppose theyre not "operating from the same handbook?"  So what?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »

Axls a smart guy.  If there was any coversation between S and A I feel pretty confident in saying that Axl had the coversation on tape.  Axls spent too much of his time in court over the years to know to have important conversations taped.  And Slash probably knows this, hence why it's taking so long for his statement on the matter.

Very good point!  Also, it may have been taped regardless if it was a situation where Slash was just at Axl's front gate talking.  Axl very well may have security cameras taping activity at his front gate 24/7, no matter what.

Ali
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »

Axls a smart guy.? If there was any coversation between S and A I feel pretty confident in saying that Axl had the coversation on tape.? Axls spent too much of his time in court over the years to know to have important conversations taped.? And Slash probably knows this, hence why it's taking so long for his statement on the matter.

Very good point!? Also, it may have been taped regardless if it was a situation where Slash was just at Axl's front gate talking.? Axl very well may have security cameras taping activity at his front gate 24/7, no matter what.

Ali

I dont know if we are a little paranoid with the way this thread is going, but I believe you're right... yes

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2006, 07:28:38 PM »

Scott ranted against Axl and Matt basically laughed it off on CF Radio...well, since Matt didnt react similar to Scott I suppose theyre not "operating from the same handbook?"  So what?

Well, they are a band and should issue a united statement against what is tantamount to a declaration of civil war within their ranks. Their divided response reeks of dysfunction. Again, we have not heard a direct denial that Slash visited axl.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:33:38 PM by killingvector » Logged

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2006, 07:33:43 PM »

Scott ranted against Axl and Matt basically laughed it off on CF Radio...well, since Matt didnt react similar to Scott I suppose theyre not "operating from the same handbook?"? So what?

Well, they are a band and should issue a united statement against what is tantamount to a declaration of civil war within their ranks. Their divided response reeks of dysfunction in the ranks. Again, we have not heard a direct denial that Slash visited axl.

even if we hear that denial from slash at this time, with all that happened these days, i think i wont believe that denial

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2006, 07:34:10 PM »

Or that theyre two different men with two different styles??

Scott ranted against Axl and Matt basically laughed it off on CF Radio...

Matt knows he's hated. He's learned to laugh it off. Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2006, 07:35:22 PM »

.. and where is slash? he's at home, washing his tights!   hihi

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »

Booker, your logic is just as twisted as the most nutswinging Axl fan.  The fact that you can't even admit dissention in VR's ranks reeks of an extremely biased opinion.

The fact that the main man that Axl's comments were directed at is taking this long to respond, reeks awful bad.  The fact that Duff didn't take his frontman's back and even lumped him in with Axl by saying, "like other people have done" also reeks pretty bad.  Sorum's reaction...honestly, who the fuck cares. 

This is not the way the old Guns dealt with outsiders.  Remember when Duff wanted to kick Kurt Cobain's ass for talking shit to Axl, remember when Axl went after Vince when he suckerpunched Izzy.  Now that was a fucking band.  Honestly, I would've expect these kind of statements from Axl's current band, not VR.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: