Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79987 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2006, 05:08:15 PM »

Duff is the most intelligent guy among all of them. Duff "the king of beer" back in the days has become a real clever guy over the years. He returned to College, got his exams, he got married, had children, and is amazing with the fans.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »

Duff is the most intelligent guy among all of them. Duff "the king of beer" back in the days has become a real clever guy over the years. He returned to College, got his exams, he got married, had children, and is amazing with the fans.

he did return to college?

why the fuck did he do that???

and after all those years of alcoholism, it`s really surprising..... hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »

he had said something about back in the gnr days he didn't know about the business part of the band and wanted to learn about that aspect of the business.....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »

He went to college in Seattle and got his degree in Accounting. ?School occupied his mind so he could get off the sauce. ok ?Good for him.

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2006, 05:24:44 PM »

Perfect response by Duff.  Don't get involved in the back and forth crap.  It is a waste of time and energy.  Kudos to my favorite GNR bassist of all-time!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

Here's a scenario/conspiracy theory:

let's assume that the meeting took place b/w axl and slash and that there has been a fratcure behind the scences with VR for some time... perhaps axl, knowing that there was dissension in VR, put this out in part to exploit it and bring down his 'competition' by having them step over each other?

It was Axl's equivalent of a gratuitous Hail Mary shot at the halftime buzzer with your team up by ten. If it goes in, you are a hero. If you miss, no matter.

Possibly- but I think that's a mistake on Axl's part, unless he's so emotionally unstable that he can't handle VR lurking out there while he makes his comeback... it stands to reason that GN'R and VR have much to gain from each other in the way of cd sales... the comparisons between these bands are going to be HUGE and the number of people out there wanting to make individual judgments (especially a CD v. Leotard (hahaha) comparison) as to which is better and who the "heart of GN'R was" etc. should be HUGE...

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:31:00 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »

see? he is spineless!? Grin

rofl

That is two shots in the foot so far for VR, and they say all things come in threes.

So, bring on Slash  smoking
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »

Nice 1 Duff very mature response, seems to suggest the Slash Axl meeting occured though with neither Scott or Duff denying the claims. I think Duff seems to be a bit stung by the claims really, ?feel sorry for the guy because if Slash did say that then it's an insult from somebody i think he probably thought was a close friend.

Whats the brief backstory on Axl and Duff? When Duff left was there much bad blood? I always got the feelin he just left cos of a lack of progress. I always felt if there was ever going to be a partial or full GNR reunion it would be Duff that went back first. Don't think Duffs statement is an indication that we are any closer to that but I was just readin all the posts about the old days and I started dreaming ?Cry

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »

Duff should really run for political office.
badapple81
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »

Interesting that this hasn't and seemingly can't be denied.

I wonder is Duff is pissed off at Scott for the statement as he said it's all unfortunate and 'people' have said 'all kinda of stuff'.

parisrocks
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »

fuckin' jellyfish.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

Something is happening behind the scenes. ? Nobody has denied Axl's claims yet. ? ?I really believe that we were close to an Axl-Slash reunion ?but something along the way changed things. ? I still believe Slash will not be in VR for long. ?

? Axl, Slash, Robin, Tommy , Brian ? ? ?sounds good to me ?hihi
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »

? Axl, Slash, Robin, Duff , Brian ? ? ?sounds good to me ?hihi

Fixed that for ya. ok

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

Scot replys with Anger......Duff replys with a keep me out of it statement........

Axl really spun them up didnt he??????
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »

I've always just wanted to make great music and that's what I plan on doing. As far as a rebuttal to what he said, or what Slash has said, I won't getinvolved in a war of words, you know. People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them."

I'm not convinced that this confirms Slash's visit to Axl or even the alleged statements. Duff took the honorable route and did not put himself in the middle. It is what he has to do and what Weiland needs to learn.

BTW, where is Slash? IMO, the best evidence that Axl may have been telling the truth are Slash's uncharacteristic silence well as the frenetic overreaction? by Scotty H.?

Scotty's gotta panic.

good point KV

I dont see this in any way as confirmation of what Axl stated, I just dont buy what Axl said

Theres a faint possibility that Slash visited Axl IMO, but I think if anything along those lines was discussed, Axl has deliberatley trumped them out of context to try and divide

Duff is staying well out of this one by the looks, which is honourable to a point. He has always been complimentary and respectful to all GNR members. Its ironic that this very statement could be sen as  a lttle 'spineless' though ..  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »

I think that a statement released by all the members of VR. And not to have scott be let go off on axl and not help the situation at all IMO. ?Agree that duff took the dignified route and far play to him. But the fact that neither scott nor duff denied the coments made by axl is worrying. I wonder what slash will say that will be any different to the other lads.

What do people think this says about the future of VR ?
conny
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2006, 06:32:48 PM »

Kindergarten...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2006, 06:34:08 PM »

I just dont buy what Axl said

Why not..... Axl Rose maybe lazy or wierd or whatever but the man is not a liar........ Axl seems to tell the truth all the time and that hurts him......

Slash is and has been proven a liar many times.....
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2006, 06:37:22 PM »

I just dont buy what Axl said

Why not..... Axl Rose maybe lazy or wierd or whatever but the man is not a liar........ Axl seems to tell the truth all the time and that hurts him......

Slash is and has been proven a liar many times.....

we're not getting into that one again - if youre going to make statements like that , do the following

a) provide examples of when Slash has lied

b) explain how it was not a lie that Axl found out about his cancelled European tour on the internet

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2006, 06:43:47 PM »

?Personally, I think Slash is probably a bit nervous about what transpired at Axl's residence. ?Axl's probably got that place monitored with audio and visual security tapes everywhere. ?If Slash categorically denies what Axl says, and Axl has the goods to prove him a liar, it would look terrible for Slash in court. ?If Slash WAS at Axl's residence in the first place, what does that say to Scott, Duff, and Matt? ?I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these guys get together if they haven't already. ? ok

?I said it before, I'll say it again, I don't think Axl lied. ?I also don't think he used Slash's exact words, I still think he probably para-phrased him in the release. ?Duff is playing it smart, and if you ask me, it doesn't sound like he's exactly backing Slash until he knows more about what went down that strange morning in October of 2005. ? confused

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: