Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79910 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »

this was axl's house at 5am hihi

so fucking weird to think of how close they once were Cry

yeah, it actualy really gets me down when I think about it - they would have survived the grunge invasion and kept rock chugging along.? I always remember what Ozzy said about Guns in that VH1 top 100 hard rock bands of all time...."I thought they were going to be the next rolling stones"......sigh, ozzy you crazy bastard, I think we all did? ?Cry

yeah it's so very true.. I always watcht the top 100////  is thatt he one where the guy from miaden is talking about slash playing talking guitar..?? I think lars once said it's amazing it lasted as long as it did... I think he is right..   GNr might not have been as special if they kept going..  87-93 were some magical years, the afd era was amazing..
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »

yeah, it actualy really gets me down when I think about it - they would have survived the grunge invasion and kept rock chugging along.  I always remember what Ozzy said about Guns in that VH1 top 100 hard rock bands of all time...."I thought they were going to be the next rolling stones"......sigh, ozzy you crazy bastard, I think we all did   Cry

yeah it's so very true.. I always watcht the top 100////  is thatt he one where the guy from miaden is talking about slash playing talking guitar..?? I think lars once said it's amazing it lasted as long as it did... I think he is right..   GNr might not have been as special if they kept going..  87-93 were some magical years, the afd era was amazing..

yup thats the same one.  Great show.  They kinda don't give a lot of time to GNR though....I think they're number 9 or 10 on that list??  I agree about them being special b/c it was so short (the next band after them is Nirvana....case in point - ugh), but as a fan, I would love to have 3 more GNR cds on my shelf and about 45 other songs to go through on my IPOD and tons of videos to watch on DVD.

Ok, getting all misty eyed and WAY off topic haha. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »

I wonder if he still thinks there might be a reunion someday or if he still thinks of Axl as his friend?Huh??

I think it may be safe to assume that Duff has the most positive view of Axl at the moment (could be Izzy in light Axl's RS comments).  I remember somebody telling a story about how they recently asked for a signature from Duff, the kids friend had an Axl shirt on and the kid asking for the autograph made a joke about it, Duff said "no man, GnR is cool and Axl is cool."

Duff   beer

yeah, cool story.  I think you're right about Duff and Izzy too.  Can you imagine a kid going up to Axl for an auto graph with a "wheres Slash" t-shirt.  I can see him signing it:

UP MY ASS  -  Axl

rofl

SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

although....I think Axl also clarify why he said at the Korn party that he hadnt talked to Slash in 10 years  Undecided

Live N' Let Die
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »

I know, that is a mystery as well.  Its very possible Slash talked to an intermediary instead of Axl at Axl's house.

I honestly don't remember a time when Axl lied about a fact.  Ya, he's said they "hoped" to release an album in 2001, 2002, etc, but he has never lied about a real fact.  Can anybody prove me wrong?

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2006, 04:34:41 PM »

although....I think Axl also clarify why he said at the Korn party that he hadnt talked to Slash in 10 years  Undecided

I think its somewhat safe to assume that the 5am meeting was a very personal convo that wasn't meant to be public info.  Something happened between the two afterwards that really pissed off Axl.  At the time Axl said that I dont think he was planning on telling the public about Slashs visit and comments.

I don't think we should take EVERY word so literal too....don't you ever just shoot out a time frame, like "I'm going out for a bit, I'll be back in 3 hours".  Doesn't mean you're going to be back in exactly 3 hours right? 

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2006, 04:34:53 PM »

Great Mike, now you've got me all sad and stuff. Cry ?Damn I miss that.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »

I know, that is a mystery as well.? Its very possible Slash talked to an intermediary instead of Axl at Axl's house.

I honestly don't remember a time when Axl lied about a fact.? Ya, he's said they "hoped" to release an album in 2001, 2002, etc, but he has never lied about a real fact.? Can anybody prove me wrong?

I believe he was asked about cd once in an interview and gave a month or season some years back.. I know he said see you next summer with new songs too.. It's not important though...

I think in general axl should be telling the fans about the tour dates and CD instead of what slash did
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »

isn't that from the last show in 1993? They pretty much knew they were done at that point I think

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2006, 04:37:29 PM »

Yea Neemo I think it is.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

That's got to be very heart breaking Embarrassed

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

Yea Neemo I think it is.

thought so, Gilby talks about that in Behind the Music. It is fucking sad Cry

But still....look at axl's face....It almost looks like he's posing for whoever is holding that camera. Undecided

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2006, 04:44:43 PM »

Yea Neemo I think it is.

But still....look at axl's face....It almost looks like he's posing for whoever is holding that camera. Undecided

I don't know about that...Those two with the rest of the band completed a 2 1/2 year world tour.  NO band has ever done that.  I want to think that hug was a heartfelt celebration.  Don't ruin it for me Neemo! hihi

Origen
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »

isn't that from the last show in 1993? They pretty much knew they were done at that point I think

Not really.

Slash & Axl did a Radio interview together in 1994 and they were talking about the GnR Movie, the next album. Everythink sounded fine from the interview, but we all know how it turned out.

Anyway this threads about Duff making comments about the PR, remember lets stick with that ?ok
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »

I don't think Axl and Slash were ever that close.  I'm pretty sure they both stated that in interviews especially Slash by saying Axl always kinda hung away from everybody else.  I'm sure everything between them after they got successful was pretty much business.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »

You all are too funny for ragging on Duff. I'm sure at this point is his ultra-successful life, he's more concerned with banging his insanely hot wife, padding his already padded bank account & making some more MULTI-PLATINUM albums than getting into a war of words with some looney tune from his past. Besides, it's not in his best interests to publicly comment on someone he is having legal issues with. Smart move Duff.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2006, 04:52:40 PM »

Not really.

Slash & Axl did a Radio interview together in 1994 and they were talking about the GnR Movie, the next album. Everythink sounded fine from the interview, but we all know how it turned out.

GNR movie ?! Someone has this interview ?!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »

Here's a scenario/conspiracy theory:

let's assume that the meeting took place b/w axl and slash and that there has been a fratcure behind the scences with VR for some time... perhaps axl, knowing that there was dissension in VR, put this out in part to exploit it and bring down his 'competition' by having them step over each other?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2006, 05:04:07 PM »

Duff didn't say much because he is busy with Tax season Grin
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2006, 05:05:18 PM »

Here's a scenario/conspiracy theory:

let's assume that the meeting took place b/w axl and slash and that there has been a fratcure behind the scences with VR for some time... perhaps axl, knowing that there was dissension in VR, put this out in part to exploit it and bring down his 'competition' by having them step over each other?

It was Axl's equivalent of a gratuitous Hail Mary shot at the halftime buzzer with your team up by ten. If it goes in, you are a hero. If you miss, no matter.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: