Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79915 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2006, 03:45:25 PM »

WHy is Axl childish? WOuldnt you want to know as a GNR fan that Axl and Slash have met or atleast spoke on some level?

Low blow or not, Axl may have been telling the truth. If so, then things are not right in VR

How ironic would it be if VR broke up because of the fallout from Uncle Axl's bomb.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
McDuff
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2006, 03:47:09 PM »

What is so one sided of my opinion?

he was really childish in his statement and so was Axl when he said what he said,but I just want to hear what Slash has to say.I don't give a fuck what anyone else has to say really,and Matt should keep his big mouth shut.

WHy is Axl childish? WOuldnt you want to know as a GNR fan that Axl and Slash have met or atleast spoke on some level?

What if Slash came out 1 day and said Axl came to him and wanted them back in GNR? WOuld you all consider that childish? Of course not, all of you would leap out of your tophats and say "see Axl knows he cant do anything without the old band,etc"...

Whats childish is the little digs Slash and Weiland have been throwing at Axl over the past year or so. Weilands comments on Axls eyebrows etc...or he and Slash dressing up as GNr...now that schildish..or is it rnr? You cant have both

But I agree otherwise...I wanna hear what Slash has to say

What I meant was that in the statement it said that Axl was"taking the high road"but that was shit because he said Slash said those things about the other members of VR,that was the only part that I found a bit childish,and that's all I'm gonna say about it peace
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »

THe truth behind Slashs visit to Axls is that Slash misses the grand mega-rock star priviledge life that is involved in Being in GUNS N ROSES. He tasted some success with VR but he knows what being at the top is and being treated as #1 in the world is. Own private jets...a fuckin security army, being above every other band out there. Did you see how GNR was treated in the RIR 3 event? Fuck...they didnt even let foo fighters or oasis be around the stage while Axl was arriving..and this were bands considered "succesfull" had to pay respect for the real and only KING OF ROCK N ROLL. They werent allowed to even watch form the side lines. And that is why im with Axl all the way. Always wanted the best of the best in everything, not just the 13 year old kid rock n roll attitude Slash has always had the attitude of ?If we are not succesfull it doesnt matter blah blah blah...YES IT FUCKIN DOES ! and now he wants the glory back.

Live N' Let Die
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »

And Mysteron suggested that someone (Axl) might have influenced him in the previous few weeks.

what are you talking about?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=d494a19c1ed5aeb62958ab5da222cb56&topic=24750.320

And who said "Suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego ..." referring to who? on 22 08. 2005
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

Slash is the one who started all this shit by calling Duff spineless to Axl but I think Slash said that because he's probably frustrated with Duff NOT standing up to Scott. ?IMO Duff's non-response answer when asked about the situation was spineless ... just like his non-response answer when he was recently asked about Scott's "concept" album.

But I also think Axl should've never revealed what Slash did/said.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
McDuff
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2006, 03:52:41 PM »

THe truth behind Slashs visit to Axls is that Slash misses the grand mega-rock star priviledge life that is involved in Being in GUNS N ROSES. He tasted some success with VR but he knows what being at the top is and being treated as #1 in the world is. Own private jets...a fuckin security army, being above every other band out there. Did you see how GNR was treated in the RIR 3 event? Fuck...they didnt even let foo fighters or oasis be around the stage while Axl was arriving..and this were bands considered "succesfull" had to pay respect for the real and only KING OF ROCK N ROLL. They werent allowed to even watch form the side lines. And that is why im with Axl all the way. Always wanted the best of the best in everything, not just the 13 year old kid rock n roll attitude Slash has always had the attitude of  If we are not succesfull it doesnt matter blah blah blah...YES IT FUCKIN DOES ! and now he wants the glory back.

Well I dunno,I think Axl is a good singer and shit,so I'm not really gonna insult him or any of the band member past or present,Axl would have never been as famous as he is now without the old members
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »

I know most people here have been reasonable, but for those insulting Duff or calling him spineless, you are being ridiculous. Someone asked him about this and he declined to really comment. What else can he say, he's caught between a rock and a hard place. He could've said something he'd regret later, but this isn't really about him anyway, it's about Slash. So ok to Duff. ?

And I have never doubted that Slash made that visit to Axl.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »

Why is that Axls fault?He tell the truth that everybody should know about Slash and whats going on inside Velvet Revolver.After Slash and co.trashed Axl all long nobody stood up to defend Axl and now when Axls telling the truth,you all are saying that its Axl fault for making a fued between Slash and VR...Slash is nothing but a backstabbing motherfucker
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2006, 03:58:54 PM »

its funny because nobody would be calling Slash and or Duff "childish" if they announced that Axl came to visit them and asked for them to come back to GNR.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »

Besides, it's a part of the counterclaim.  Why should he omit the bit from the press release.

After Slash and co.trashed Axl all long nobody stood up to defend Axl

Nobody? That's not true. Angry

I know most people here have been reasonable, but for those insulting Duff or calling him spineless, you are being ridiculous. Someone asked him about this and he declined to really comment. What else can he say, he's caught between a rock and a hard place. He could've said something he'd regret later, but this isn't really about him anyway, it's about Slash. So ok to Duff. 

And I have never doubted that Slash made that visit to Axl.

So, in short, Slash is rediculous?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:05:51 PM by ppbebe » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2006, 04:06:34 PM »

Axl is at fault if he was lying about the visit. But in the light of what we know, there maybe enough circumstantial evidence to believe this allegation. If true, shame on Slash.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

its funny because nobody would be calling Slash and or Duff "childish" if they announced that Axl came to visit them and asked for them to come back to GNR.

Game, set, match.

Its true, you guys would trash the hell out of Axl for that.  However, Slash has gotten off pretty easy compared to what would have been said about Axl had the situation been reversed.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »

Axl is at fault if he was lying about the visit. But in the light of what we know, there maybe enough circumstantial evidence to believe this allegation. If true, shame on Slash.

I think Duffs statement really reinforces what Axl's take on the Slash visit. 

Based on quotes/interviews, does anyone really have a solid take on how Duff feels about Axl?  He was the last to leave, therefore the most loyal for the most part.  I wonder if he still thinks there might be a reunion someday or if he still thinks of Axl as his friend?Huh??

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2006, 04:09:01 PM »

My bad PPBEBE cuz i didn't know that there are some people like you who support Axl in this board.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

this was axl's house at 5am hihi

so fucking weird to think of how close they once were Cry
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »

I wonder if he still thinks there might be a reunion someday or if he still thinks of Axl as his friend?Huh??

I think it may be safe to assume that Duff has the most positive view of Axl at the moment (could be Izzy in light Axl's RS comments).  I remember somebody telling a story about how they recently asked for a signature from Duff, the kids friend had an Axl shirt on and the kid asking for the autograph made a joke about it, Duff said "no man, GnR is cool and Axl is cool."

Duff   beer

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2006, 04:13:25 PM »

Well done Duff. Finally, a fucking mature adult in this entire situation.

Yes, I'm calling Axl and Scott immature...this coming from a 16-year-old!? smoking

How is what Axl said immature if its true?

Axl has proven repeatedly over the last 20 years he is immature.....it doesn't take a rockets scientist to see this by looking at his actions
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »

Duff is a cool motherfucker

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2006, 04:14:32 PM »

Axl has proven repeatedly over the last 20 years he is immature.....it doesn't take a rockets scientist to see this by looking at his actions
Immature? Maybe, yea at times...Liar?..specifically about old gnr, etc?..absolutely not

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »

this was axl's house at 5am hihi

so fucking weird to think of how close they once were Cry

yeah, it actualy really gets me down when I think about it - they would have survived the grunge invasion and kept rock chugging along.  I always remember what Ozzy said about Guns in that VH1 top 100 hard rock bands of all time...."I thought they were going to be the next rolling stones"......sigh, ozzy you crazy bastard, I think we all did   Cry

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: