Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:43:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79905 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »

Duff has always taken the high ground when it comes to Guns. I think he accepted a long time ago that what happened happened. I get the impression he just wants to move on and make music. He didnt take part in the behind the music documentary, doesnt really like discussing what happened with Guns in interviews. I do feel kind of sorry for the guy, i bet the only reason he is involved with this lawsuit is because of Slash!

Jonx

Agreed 100%

yeah

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »

damn dave unless it's axl you'll find faults in anything.. When it's axl he's damned if he does and damned if he don't, everyone else you just find something wrong..

It's not duff's job to worry about slash or axl..

I rather axl be talking about releasing music or doing this european festivals instead he's talking about what slash said about his band members.. Like dude you haven't released anything in ages there's so many loose ends to talk about. Concetrate on that instead of the other shit..

Oh just like people always do with axl right? ?::)Again why would Duff comment and not say anything about it. If anything he points to its true what slash said. ?Another thing Axl is talking about the lawsuit, if duff and slash would drop their BS lawsuit axl could talk about the album and tour but you know how axl is, and he puts a lot of his effort into court cases.

Slash and Duff have been talking about ?axl stealing gnr songs for years and people like you ?bitched about axl not talking about it, and now that he has, you are ?bashing him for it. Make up your mind.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

from duff's comment it seems more likely now that slash did infact go to axls, and talk with him, about what who knows.

maybe it was about re-joining gnr, hence the thing ross posted on his site, which was later removed. Slash then changed his mind and obviously that would piss axl off. so axl gets his lawyer to issue a press release.

now the stuff said about scott, duff and matt i don't believe to be 100% true for a second.

however, it could be paraphrasing of things slash said, making them out to be hundreds of times worse than what he said.

example, "i hate matt having all those groupies around it's really pissing me and the others off" turns into "i hate matt".

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »

Classy response by Duff. I don't see how he and Slash would have irreconciable differences even if Slash called him spineless... isn't it possible that through the two decades they've known each other and all the bullshit they've been through... that somewhere along the line Duff called Slash "a mess" or "a drunk" or offended Slash in some way... and yet they've been able to still work together? I think so... it's just that this particular comment by Slash got broadcasted. I think Slash and Duff can work this out though...

Anyway, at the end of the day, I don't see VR as the most cohesive band in the world right now (super groups rarely are), but they NEED each other and they would be fucking sabotaging themselves to just implode right now.. there's too much $$$ out there to be gained by getting out a sophomore record- not just in terms of VR sales... but kids who get into VR are likely to do research and buy-up all the Guns' and STP back catalogs... which is good news for Slash, Duff, (Matt?) and Scott. Plus, with Axl finally looking like he's going to release CD... they would be morons not to have something out there within the next 12 months...

Lastly, Sorum strikes me as one of those rare cats that KNOWS he's an asshole... and frankly doesn't care. I don't think he's lost a minute sleep over Slash's comments... he probably just looks at Slash and thinks... right back at you brotha... now let's go record that second album... so I can get paid and laid.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:24:48 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »

from duff's comment it seems more likely now that slash did infact go to axls, and talk with him, about what who knows.

maybe it was about re-joining gnr, hence the thing ross posted on his site, which was later removed. Slash then changed his mind and obviously that would piss axl off. so axl gets his lawyer to issue a press release.

now the stuff said about scott, duff and matt i don't believe to be 100% true for a second.

however, it could be paraphrasing of things slash said, making them out to be hundreds of times worse than what he said.

example, "i hate matt having all those groupies around it's really pissing me and the others off" turns into "i hate matt".

Give me a break. I can see slash hating matt and duff esp since when slash quit gnr matt and duff stayed for almost a year after that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
shaun
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2006, 02:24:38 PM »

*Context*

what it sound like to me is: Slash popped over to Axl's just to have a word at human level. No paper work, no BS, just face to face. Slash probably did say what he said, just to soften Axl up so he would anwser the door. Thats the way i see it. On Axl's apart, i don't think he should have repeated what Slash said (if Slash said that).
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »

Give me a break. I can see slash hating matt and duff esp since when slash quit gnr matt and duff stayed for almost a year after that.

I thought matt said it was fucked up what happened to slash with the whole yoko paul is no slash, or was that a fake story? ?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2006, 02:26:04 PM »

*Context*

what it sound like to me is: Slash popped over to Axl's just to have a word at human level. No paper work, no BS, just face to face. Slash probably did say what he said, just to soften Axl up so he would anwser the door. Thats the way i see it. On Axl's apart, i don't think he should have repeated what Slash said (if Slash said that).

i just don't think slash is stupid enough to go to axl and rip into his band.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

We've heard from Axl, Scott and Duff but not from the man of the hour, our big mouthed friend, Slash.

If I was a Velvet Revolver fan right now I'd be worried. Luckily, I'm not.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2006, 02:28:10 PM »

see? he is spineless! Grin
LOL  beer beer

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »

Well done Duff. Finally, a fucking mature adult in this entire situation.

Yes, I'm calling Axl and Scott immature...this coming from a 16-year-old!? smoking

How is what Axl said immature if its true?

His immaturity lays with the act of going public with he and Slash's alledged conversation when it had absolutely nothing to do with the lawsuit.

He broke the code, sold out Slash with no other motive than to divide Slash's current band.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »

Well done Duff. Finally, a fucking mature adult in this entire situation.

Yes, I'm calling Axl and Scott immature...this coming from a 16-year-old!? smoking

How is what Axl said immature if its true?

His immaturity lays with the act of going public with he and Slash's alledged conversation when it had absolutely nothing to do with the lawsuit.

He broke the code, sold out Slash with no other motive than to divide Slash's current band.

You don't know that, According to Axl everything was fine and dandy untill Slash screw everything up, which made him reveal what slash said Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »

Why is this not on the main news page?  Duff didn't call Axl fat AND he used to be in GNR.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »

Duff, that was a class act.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »

Duff's being sensible. good to see he's acting his age.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »

Why is this not on the main news page?? Duff didn't call Axl fat AND he used to be in GNR.

Maybe because it was just posted? Roll Eyes

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2006, 02:39:55 PM »

good job by Duff ok

always the diplomat yes

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »

Why is this not on the main news page?? Duff didn't call Axl fat AND he used to be in GNR.

Maybe because it was just posted? Roll Eyes

Or maybe because Duff saying that he's NOT gonna say anything isn't news.? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
godiva
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

Hm, since Duff's response I'm more eager to hear what Slash has to say. Duff basically said nothing. On one hand, I applaud him for 'staying out of this' and not stoop down to Scott's level. On the other hand, why say anything if you have nothing to say? He didn't really add anything, did he? It seems as if there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, with Slash keeping quiet for days after Axl's statement and Duff saying nothing, and Scott just swearing and shouting but not addressing the issue of Slash going over to Axl's house.

My feeling is that Slash is fed up with how things are in VR. Things probably aren't as peachy as they seem, with a lot of egos getting in the way. People around VR have commented in the past (sorry, no source at hand) that Scott can be a real prima donna. Maybe Slash came to visit Axl to settle the lawsuit out of court, or to test the water. Maybe he is the one who is interested in joining GNR, replace BH. Who knows?

My guess is that Slash did visit Axl and probably did say these things. Why? My guess is as good as yours. Just waiting for that statement. I hope Slash will be mature in the way he responds and I hope he hurries up, I'm curious as hell.
Eric
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »

So basically Douche Mckagen did a interview where he said absolutely nothing. Guess Axl was right, he is spineless.
Spineless is not showing up for concerts in Vancouver on time, Philly not at all, the St. Louis debacle, and Montreal ("I can't hear myself")-I love Axl, and if Slash did say it he is wrong-Duff ain't spineless

They were all refunded for the concerts so if Axl canceled them it was his right. Unlike Douche Mckagen, Axl stands firm in his position.
It was his right at 10:30pm in Philly, without explanation? Was he even in Philly? Due to illness? Unreal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: