Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79872 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »

Axl planted a seed and it seems to be working

There's no doubt about that.? Axl needs to moonlight as a Political Stratagist. Grin

It's a shame that you are happy that Axl is a scheming kind of guy. ?Undecided

And slash and duff are not by calling him a theif and claiming axl is not in the gnr parternship even tho axl never left the band and slash and duff did?

Again no one has denied that slash met with axl, so its probaly true.

1. It's not about Slash visitng Axl's house was true or untrue. It's about you attitude.

2. They didn't call Axl a thief. Axl said that they had called him a thief. Guess that Axl sees things as black or white. I think that Slash and Axl met (and talked, so Axl later lied ?Lips Sealed), and they were discussing a lot of things. I repeat, it's only speculation on my part. IMO Slash expressed his feelings that VR is not as good for him as he had expected. (And I guess Axl asked him to join GN'R which badly needs Slash ?Lips Sealed) Slash probably said some about the VR members, and these words were later 'translated' by Axl as 'fraud, spineless and hate'.

3. It's not the topic to discuss Axl's behaviour and what he did to get the GN'R name. But he's done a lot to fulfil his ambitions and ease his fixations.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »

Good for Duff.  Obviously, the most mature one out of the two.  Why should he have to say say something hurtful back and keep the pointless argument going.  80% of the people hear could learn from his actions.  That's why everyone likes Duff.  I hope Matt stays out of it too.  I don't know why some of you don't like him but I would take him over Steven any day of the week.  Luckily, we don't have to worry about either of them because we have a kickass drummer now.  peace

Mature? Duff is the one who said that Axl did not write any of the music in guns n roses did he not? Then he had to take it back a week later. He was mature in this instant, and I give him credit.
Axl told Rolling Stone he hadn't talked to Slash in 10 years-cut duff some slack-Duff said he was misquoted

We are yet to know if Axl received Slash when Slash paid an unanounced visit in order to informe Axl about his bandmates.
makane
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2006, 02:02:28 PM »

I can't believe some of you are bashing Duff for not saying things like "Axl's a wig wearing fuck". He made a mature response and doesn't want to be part of this everlasting shit game that some seem to still play.
Duff doesn't need to take part on this shit. It's between Axl and Slash, if even them.
I hope they all could come to an agreement some sunny day, just doesn't seem to happen. I guess it's like this forum, theres always a "bad apple".
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:04:00 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2006, 02:03:59 PM »

"I think, you know, a lot of it's really unfortunate, very difficult,"

Why would it be difficult and unfortunate if Axl had said those things? I think he says it's very difficult because it was really Slash saying those things.

Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

I can't believe some of you are bashing Duff for not saying things like "Axl's a wig wearing fuck". He made a mature response and doesn't want to be part of this everlasting shit game that some seem to still play.
Duff doesn't need to take part on this shit. It's between Axl and Slash, if even them.
I hope they all could come to an agreement some sunny day, just doesn't seem to happen.

We are not bashing him. We are just saying its weird he did not deny what slash said. He pretty much confirmed what Axl said

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2006, 02:04:30 PM »

I would say, that it takes far more guts, brains, and mental toughness, to suck it up and act like an adult and not lash out and comment.? Therefore, i believe, Duff seem's to have the strongest spine of the bunch at this juncture.

Yeah, I think you're right about this.

and we have to remember, that Duff really cares about Axl, he won't start bullshitting the guy if he don't know what the deal is. I think, at the bottom of his heart, he would want to work with Axl in GNR again.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2006, 02:05:23 PM »

So basically Douche Mckagen did a interview where he said absolutely nothing. Guess Axl was right, he is spineless.
Spineless is not showing up for concerts in Vancouver on time, Philly not at all, the St. Louis debacle, and Montreal ("I can't hear myself")-I love Axl, and if Slash did say it he is wrong-Duff ain't spineless

They were all refunded for the concerts so if Axl canceled them it was his right. Unlike Douche Mckagen, Axl stands firm in his position.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2006, 02:05:38 PM »

Where is the original interview Duff did with Launch?

I can't find it.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »

Duff has always taken the high ground when it comes to Guns. I think he accepted a long time ago that what happened happened. I get the impression he just wants to move on and make music. He didnt take part in the behind the music documentary, doesnt really like discussing what happened with Guns in interviews. I do feel kind of sorry for the guy, i bet the only reason he is involved with this lawsuit is because of Slash!

Jonx

Agreed 100%

makane
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »

I hope they all could come to an agreement some sunny day, just doesn't seem to happen.

We are not bashing him. We are just saying its weird he did not deny what slash said. He pretty much confirmed what Axl said
Well, "spineless" whatever...
So what, he didn't deny it? it's not Duff's job to do.
At this point it seems like Duff, or the other guys, haven't even talked to Slash. So it's clear why he doesn't want to throw shit either way. (unlike Scott)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:08:34 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2006, 02:07:38 PM »

Then why even comment about it? He could have just said I dont think slash would say that about me. But he did not. If duff was not going to say anything why repond to it?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2006, 02:08:27 PM »

I hope they all could come to an agreement some sunny day, just doesn't seem to happen. I guess it's like this forum, theres always a "bad apple".

I don't think he should have gone the route Scott did, but I think he should have said SOMETHING about the accusations about his bandmate Slash.  I believe in taking the high road in most cases, but I also believe in sticking up for yourself and your friends.  I think this part of what Duff said is REALLY telling:

As far as a rebuttal to what he said, or what Slash has said, I won't get involved in a war of words, you know. People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them."

"or what slash said"......Hmmmm.  Either Slash admitted he did say some stuff or Duff doesn't find it hard to believe that he would say stuff like that. 

As for being JUST a Slash/Axl situation.....I agree to some extent, but when you align yourself with certain people, you become involved.  You can't back off/come on when it suits you.  If Duff put his name on the law suit he has to be aware there are going to be consequences...simple as that.  LIke i said in an earlier post, I think Duff is a good guy, but I think hes a total Sheep and Axl/Slash have been his shepards, exploiting him the entire time.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »

2. They didn't call Axl a thief. Axl said that they had called him a thief. Guess that Axl sees things as black or white. I think that Slash and Axl met (and talked, so Axl later lied ?Lips Sealed),

Slash lied too, that's why I think they had some kind of agreement between them, ?(which would explain why both of them lied) But then it seems like Slash broke the agreement and made Axl unveil such agreement and therefore unveiling the lies.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
makane
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »

Then why even comment about it? He could have just said I dont think slash would say that about me. But he did not. If duff was not going to say anything why repond to it?
I don't know. maybe it was just a question and he wanted to answer something.
Lets just wait for Slash's response.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:12:59 PM by makane » Logged

Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

2. They didn't call Axl a thief. Axl said that they had called him a thief. Guess that Axl sees things as black or white. I think that Slash and Axl met (and talked, so Axl later lied ?Lips Sealed),

Slash lied too, that's why I think they had some kind of agreement between them, ?(which would explain why both of them lied) But then it seems like Slash broke the agreement and made Axl unveil such agreement and therefore unveiling the lies.

I would hope Axl wouldn't trust a liar like Slash.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2006, 02:12:20 PM »

damn dave unless it's axl you'll find faults in anything.. When it's axl he's damned if he does and damned if he don't, everyone else you just find something wrong..

It's not duff's job to worry about slash or axl..

I rather axl be talking about releasing music or doing this european festivals instead he's talking about what slash said about his band members.. Like dude you haven't released anything in ages there's so many loose ends to talk about. Concetrate on that instead of the other shit..
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:07 PM »

It was a class act by duff. I agree with some of you cause he could have said something like "lets shut up about this shit and behave like grown up people".

On theother hand, each time someone from the VR camp opens his mouth, more clear it seems that Slash actually was at Axl's house and said that stuff...shame on you Slash!

And of course Scott's a bitch ?

smoking

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:47 PM »

Kudos!

Very, very mature and sensible attitude ?ok
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

Or how about if all of them just got on with their life and released some music?
makane
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

It was a class act by duff. I agree with some of you cause he could have said something like "lets shut up about this shit and behave like grown up people".

On theother hand, each time someone from the VR camp opens his mouth, more clear it seems that Slash actually was at Axl's house and said that stuff...shame on you Slash!

And of course Scott's a bitch ?

smoking
Maybe Slash indeed visited Axl, maybe he even said those things. However, there's so many aspects to this thing which we are not awere.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: