Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79891 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »

Duff doesn't sound too confident about Slash to me...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »

I would say, that it takes far more guts, brains, and mental toughness, to suck it up and act like an adult and not lash out and comment.  Therefore, i believe, Duff seem's to have the strongest spine of the bunch at this juncture.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »

Axl planted a seed and it seems to be working

The only way that worked is if VR never releases or records another album. In some ways Axl might have done VR a favor because he has given them a kick in the ass and provided them with even more incentive to write a kick ass album. The band may use the adversity to close ranks and not let Axl succeed in trying to break up the band, which I think we can all agree was the point of the that one paragraph which otherwise had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

It might also have provided a chance for them to air a lot of grievances and just get tighter as a group - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger type thing.

I also sense a song coming out of this.....a big F YOU to Axl in the form of a sick Slash solo and some roaring Scott vocals (with Duff playing Bass in the WAY back of the track hahah)

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »

I believe Slash went to Axl's home

That seems pretty certain at this point. What I am interested in is what spurred the visit, and what Slash's version of what Axl had to say during the meeting was.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Slash just decided spur of the moment to goto Axl's house and rag on his old bandmates after not speaking with him for 10 years.

There is obviously more than meets the eye going on here. There are things we aren't being told that went into whatever meeting those 2 had in October.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »

Good for Duff. ?Obviously, the most mature one out of the two. ?Why should he have to say say something hurtful back and keep the pointless argument going. ?80% of the people hear could learn from his actions. ?That's why everyone likes Duff. ?I hope Matt stays out of it too. ?I don't know why some of you don't like him but I would take him over Steven any day of the week. ?Luckily, we don't have to worry about either of them because we have a kickass drummer now. ?peace

Mature? Duff is the one who said that Axl did not write any of the music in guns n roses did he not? Then he had to take it back a week later. He was mature in this instant, and I give him credit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:48:50 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 01:45:48 PM »

Yeah good job Duff. Not sinking to the level scott sunk to in his response. ?Roll Eyes
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »

Nice move by Duff. Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 01:48:06 PM »

I believe Slash went to Axl's home

That seems pretty certain at this point. What I am interested in is what spurred the visit, and what Slash's version of what Axl had to say during the meeting was.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Slash just decided spur of the moment to goto Axl's house and rag on his old bandmates after not speaking with him for 10 years.

There is obviously more than meets the eye going on here. There are things we aren't being told that went into whatever meeting those 2 had in October.

Agreed, and I think that should be the real topic of convo, not that Axl is an asshole, or Scott is gay and immature and duff is blah blah blah.....there is a series of events that much have occured that we only know very small bits and pieces about - I am dying to know about the meeting, the CD comments from Slash and Axls apparent dissatisfaction with SOMETHING slash did that led to the Axl PR.  I think most of us are only looking at the comments and not whats behind them all.....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Eric
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 01:52:48 PM »

Good for Duff. ?Obviously, the most mature one out of the two. ?Why should he have to say say something hurtful back and keep the pointless argument going. ?80% of the people hear could learn from his actions. ?That's why everyone likes Duff. ?I hope Matt stays out of it too. ?I don't know why some of you don't like him but I would take him over Steven any day of the week. ?Luckily, we don't have to worry about either of them because we have a kickass drummer now. ?peace

Mature? Duff is the one who said that Axl did not write any of the music in guns n roses did he not? Then he had to take it back a week later. He was mature in this instant, and I give him credit.
Axl told Rolling Stone he hadn't talked to Slash in 10 years-cut duff some slack-Duff said he was misquoted
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 01:53:37 PM »

There's no doubt about that.? Axl needs to moonlight as a Political Stratagist. Grin

It's a shame that you are happy that Axl is a scheming kind of guy. ?Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »

There's no doubt about that.? Axl needs to moonlight as a Political Stratagist. Grin

And slash and duff are not by calling him a theif and claiming axl is not in the gnr parternship even tho axl never left the band and slash and duff did?

Again no one has denied that slash met with axl, so its probaly true.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 01:56:22 PM »

Well done Duff. Finally, a fucking mature adult in this entire situation.

Yes, I'm calling Axl and Scott immature...this coming from a 16-year-old!  smoking
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 01:56:31 PM »

So basically Douche Mckagen did a interview where he said absolutely nothing. Guess Axl was right, he is spineless.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 01:57:14 PM »

I would say, that it takes far more guts, brains, and mental toughness, to suck it up and act like an adult and not lash out and comment.  Therefore, i believe, Duff seem's to have the strongest spine of the bunch at this juncture.

Amen. props to Duff for not getting invloved in the mud-slinging when he had more of a right than scott did, since, after all duff is a party to the lawsuit. but i guess slash is really the one we're waiting on an answer from, if he acknowledges meeting with axl, then you gotta wonder if there is a fracture within the vr camp.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 01:57:49 PM »

Duff has always taken the high ground when it comes to Guns. I think he accepted a long time ago that what happened happened. I get the impression he just wants to move on and make music. He didnt take part in the behind the music documentary, doesnt really like discussing what happened with Guns in interviews. I do feel kind of sorry for the guy, i bet the only reason he is involved with this lawsuit is because of Slash!

Jonx
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »

Well done Duff. Finally, a fucking mature adult in this entire situation.

Yes, I'm calling Axl and Scott immature...this coming from a 16-year-old!? smoking

How is what Axl said immature if its true?

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »

You pick that idea up after reading my reply? ?You might want to step away from the computer for awhile and turn your sarcasm detector on. Roll Eyes

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

Who's to say Slash wasn't invited? ?I think he went to Axl's house, but the two must have been talking before or after that. ?I'm also thinking that Axl and Slash really haven't been feuding like we all thought over the past 12 years... Sure, they had their differences, but I think it was totally blown out of proportion by the fans and the media. ?Axl and Slash have probably been hanging out all these years, we don't know. ?The whole "I haven't spoken to Slash in 10 years" bit was clearly a lie. ?However, I believe that it was said to contribute to the Slash vs. Axl frenzy that we've been watching over the years. ?I think we need a statement from Axl and from Slash, now that their secret meeting has been revealed. ?Maybe they can shed some light on the situation and what's really been going on since the split.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Eric
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 01:59:05 PM »

So basically Douche Mckagen did a interview where he said absolutely nothing. Guess Axl was right, he is spineless.
Spineless is not showing up for concerts in Vancouver on time, Philly not at all, the St. Louis debacle, and Montreal ("I can't hear myself")-I love Axl, and if Slash did say it he is wrong-Duff ain't spineless
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 02:00:17 PM »

Go Duff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: