Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79965 times)
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »

As the world turns.....more pointless replies... to even more pointless "press releases"...where the fuck is the real story... Roll Eyes

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Steel_Angel
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »

this def makes me believe SLASH did go to axl's house  hihi

AND THE PLOT THICKENS   Shocked
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 01:21:53 PM »

From this Duff implys its true, and its weird still no slash reponse.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »

now all we need is Matt to post a response that reminds us all of why we hate him

rofl  As soon as he opens his mouth about this incident.

shaun
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

with Scott lanuching his war of words on a forum, Duff waitng about a week to comment (with a slightly diplomatic, dare i say spinless responce  hihi ) and Slash due with a comment any time soon. It does not sound like Velvet Revolver are very much together. After Slash, Matt Sorum will be the only one left to comment   Wink

It will be interesting to hear what Slash has to say. He can do a Duff, do a Scott or simply set the record straight. Did he, or didn't he goto Axl's house and say all the that stuff. If he did, then in what context, as maybe Axl as turned it all around  Wink
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:41:27 PM by D0badog » Logged
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 01:27:01 PM »

now all we need is Matt to post a response that reminds us all of why we hate him

rofl? As soon as he opens his mouth about this incident.

if he knows whats best for him he should just keeps his fuckin mouth shut....

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 01:27:49 PM »

I feel sorry for Duff. What is he to do if, and I think it is, it's true that Slash said those things? He can't go back to Guns now. Or can he if Tommy is with Soul Asylum? At least Axl didn't lash out at him, only quoted what Slash said. But it's not a fun time for him being with Slash now. And he can't quit VR if he wants to stay in the lime light wich I think he wants. Remeber his remark "What am I? linoleum?" when he was in Guns and got jelaous at all the attention Axl got at airports and so on. I think he basically is a good guy but maybe he has always been forced to compromise a bit too much to keep his place in famous bands? And yes he is very diplomatic in a way that, you know confirms him just as "spineless" Slash was reported saying about him. I bet he wants to say fuck off to Axl if he was sure Axl was lying and I bet he would say fuck off to Slash if it's true but he's caught between a rock and a hard place. Not very rock n' roll but very human peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »

Scott wasn't sure of Slash's innocence in the statement.

I don't expect Slash to confirm or deny anything that may have been said, or not said, to Axl.

Me either. Maybe he will drop his suits against Axl before that.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »

I wonder what Dave has to say about all this.... ?Roll Eyes

GNRevolution... the missing link.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »

Duff a class act? hah.....I think he is a little better hearted than Slash, but still was involved in the attempt to sue Axl WRONGLY for the mistake of the stupid copyright money shit.

Live N' Let Die
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »

Axl planted a seed and it seems to be working

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

There's no doubt about that.  Axl needs to moonlight as a Political Stratagist. Grin

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »

Duff a class act? hah.....I think he is a little better hearted than Slash, but still was involved in the attempt to sue Axl WRONGLY for the mistake of the stupid copyright money shit.

I think Duff is the type of guy who just goes along with whatever anyone in a leadership role puts in front of him.  All the interviews I've read from the 80s-90s implied that Slash and Axl ran the show and just passed ideas through Duff just to give him the heads up, didn't sound like he had, or WANTED, much input.  I mean look how long it took him to FINALLY leave GNR and Axl.  Hes a soldier, not a general.  Unfortunately, his leaders have been two very suspect man of character hahaha.  I really believe Duff does just want to play rock and isn't as into the biz side of it as Axl and Slash are.  I think this statement strengthens my point, hes just bummed that once again he got duped and unnecessarily dragged into another mess.

Suddenly, the spineless comment doesn't seem that far off.  Poor dude. 

I bet Izzy is somewhere laughing his ass off saying "thank god I quit when i did"  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 01:36:22 PM »

Sounds to me like Duff is all but confirming that a Slash/Axl meeting took place.

He just won't comment on the content of that meeting...probably because he's not sure what it was, himself.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 01:37:27 PM »

If Slash really visited Axl's house last fall, that could explain why he talked so good about him in recent interviews... he wouldn't want his little 'visit' to be know to public.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006, 01:39:07 PM »

Good for Duff. ?Obviously, the most mature one out of the two. ?Why should he have to say say something hurtful back and keep the pointless argument going. ?80% of the people hear could learn from his actions. ?That's why everyone likes Duff. ?I hope Matt stays out of it too. ?I don't know why some of you don't like him but I would take him over Steven any day of the week. ?Luckily, we don't have to worry about either of them because we have a kickass drummer now. ?peace
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »

Cool to see Duff actually be mature.... it really doesn't look like he is upset by all of this. I believe Slash went to Axl's home and it will eventually be proven by security tape or a witness. I have no clue what words were spoken between Axl and Slash though....
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »

The only way that worked is if VR never releases or records another album. In some ways Axl might have done VR a favor because he has given them a kick in the ass and provided them with even more incentive to write a kick ass album. The band may use the adversity to close ranks and not let Axl succeed in trying to break up the band, which I think we can all agree was the point of the that one paragraph which otherwise had nothing to do with the lawsuit.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them
I think he is alluding to Slash here

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »

hopefully this is over,, Matt n duff have said they are entering the studio next month so maybe they have moved on... I don't know who to believe until slash speaks if he ever does..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: