Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79787 times)
Steel_Angel
« on: March 14, 2006, 01:05:22 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN Responds To AXL ROSE - Mar. 14, 2006

VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan has responded to a press release issued last week by GUNS N' ROSES frontman W. Axl Rose.

Rose lambasted his former GUNS bandmates, McKagan and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash, claiming that the latter called VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland a "fraud" and McKagan "spineless" in an early morning meeting at Rose's house last year.

McKagan told Launch that he would rather not get involved in the situation at all. "I think, you know, a lot of it's really unfortunate, very difficult," he said in an interview conducted last Friday (March 10). "I've always just wanted to make great music and that's what I plan on doing. As far as a rebuttal to what he said, or what Slash has said, I won't getinvolved in a war of words, you know. People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them."

Scott Weiland was not as diplomatic. In a posting at VELVET REVOLVER's official web site, Weiland called Rose a "fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck." Weiland wrote that Rose had an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics ? who's the fraud now?"

Weiland also slammed Rose for taking more than a decade to make the still-unreleased GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy", saying, "How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make (the album)?...We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last 10 years?" The last GUNS N' ROSES tour, in 2002, ended abruptly after just a handful of shows.

Weiland concluded by calling Rose a "frightened little man who once thought he was king."

A VELVET REVOLVER spokesperson told MTV.com that Slash would issue his own response within days.

Rose's initial press release accompanied his countersuit against Slash and McKagan, who have sued Rose over licensing, publishing and royalty issues.

McKagan told Launch that VELVET REVOLVER will enter the studio on April 10 to begin recording its sophomore album.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49575
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:18:55 PM by frozen_Inferno? » Logged
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »

Kudos to Duff for taking the mature route............he didn't deny or agree to what Axl says, so who knows, maybe that whole Slash thing was true.  In taking so long for Slash to respond, one would think that maybe he actually did show up to Axl's place.....and in his rebuttal he's just taking some time to reword what he wants the public to know.  If not he could have just left a message with a reporter that says, "Axl is full of shit, it was all lies" but nothing to that extent so far.  Eh I'm not going to read into it anymore than I have already.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 01:10:08 PM »

"As far as a rebuttal to what he said, or what Slash has said, I won't get involved in a war of words, you know. People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them."

So Duff thinks Slash said something. ?This makes me sad. ?I didn't want to believe Slash said anything... ?nervous ?I hope everything's ok in the VR camp.

I'm happy Duff's not getting involved though, If only Scott did the same.  He embarassed himself with his outburts.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:12:45 PM by Backslash » Logged

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »

see? he is spineless!  Grin

busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »

Feck me, is this a confirmed interview?

If true, this basically confirms that what Axl said Slash said (School playground time) was actually said, if you get my drift?

Hmmm interesting. Otherwise he would have said, "Slash hasn't said those things" specifically or at least hinted at Axl lying. All he did was hint that what Rose said was true.

The train keeps a rollin!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

the fact that neither scott nor duff in public statements has denied the comments is REALLY interesting.....I like what duff said, but still think he should have had a little more bite - maybe something like "Axl should just shut up, hes got his thing, we got our thing, lets just make music".  something like that.  its almost like he seems, well, spineless Wink   and not taking a firm stand in a sense.  sounds like hes been crying for a few days and now hes calmed down and is just like, yeah its unfortunate.  I don't know, that was my first impression.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »

VR has had 2 cracks at the story...they are 0 for 2 in denying it....On deck...Slash{hopefully}

see? he is spineless! 

Grin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

Duff made a smart and mature reply. It's a shame his singer couldn't do that same, but this basically shows Duff has his head on straight. This is precisely the comment VR should have made from day one if they wanted to come out on top of this crap.
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »

Duff, what a class act. Great response full of dignity and compassion for all involved. Scott Weiland is a douche, and I will not buy new VR album as long as he is involved. What a self-important little twit. I sat behind he and his wife at the Brian Wilson show in LA and he acted lie a complete classless dip-shit. Horrible voice live. You ever hear him sing? Enough with the bullhorn too...feck him.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »

I don't expect Slash to confirm or deny anything that may have been said, or not said, to Axl.
Origen
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »

Source ?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »

Got to give respect for Duff. He knows what the deal is, he didn't rule out Slash's role in this whole mess because it seems that he don't really know what the thing, neither does Scott know but still he is barking like a dog with hydrophobia.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »

I don't expect Slash to confirm or deny anything that may have been said, or not said, to Axl.

Thats fine but that will leave the situation open for discussion....some will think its true...some will think its a lie

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 01:15:33 PM »

I think a better title would be "Duff DOESN'T Respond"

Is Slash still part of VR? ?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »

I say....you people bash Duff for a mature response that doesn't play in to all this grade school petty bullshit.....yet you bash Scott for going all out and not being "spineless" in his response. ?Hmm, not very bright.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

Source ?

I see that it's online at http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49575, must be the source.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »

Good on you Duff. You are mature and I respect you.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 01:18:03 PM »

He took the high road--kudos to Duff!! ?I have always liked this guy's "Attitude (no pun intended)!"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »

Duff made a smart and mature reply. It's a shame his singer couldn't do that same, but this basically shows Duff has his head on straight. This is precisely the comment VR should have made from day one if they wanted to come out on top of this crap.

I agree 200...no 300%.

Duff took the high road, which is exactly how they should handle the situation.

Duff and Slash have been through this stuff before...they know the best way to "handle" Axl, in situations like this, is to do just that...take the high road.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19:34 PM »

So in 2 responses we basically have confirmation of what Slash has said about his bandmates:

Scott is in fact a fraud
and Duff is Spineless

now all we need is Matt to post a response that reminds us all of why we hate him

and for the record I think that was a good response from Duff...my only problem with this thing is that I want a response ...particularly from Slash, but if not from him, I want the person that feels the need to comment on the situation to actually tell us if its true or not
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:32:20 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: