Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:28:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!  (Read 20715 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2006, 10:51:34 PM »

He has none, he generally makes ridiculous statements without any knowledge (look
If they are so ridiculous, why do you have such a hard time discrediting what I say? You always take the losers way out by resorting to insults.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2006, 10:56:01 PM »

Wire services can edit press releases, and you can't sue them for it. Wire services are not a personal marketing machine for the various industries. They are allowed to quote in part or in whole, and to paraphrase. They can choose to carry some, all, or none of a press release.

It's common knowledge. It happens every day. There's a million examples, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass searching them out, because I then need to find the wire story AND the original press release.

However, this is from the AP's Statement of News Values and Principles:

"Under no circumstances can releases reach the wire in their original form; we can use information and quotes from releases, but we must check the material, augment it with information from other sources, and then write our own stories."

Wire services and newspapers are not recycling centers for press releases, nor are they forums to post messages on. It's likely they edited out that paragraph because there's no way to tell if the Slash story is related to the lawsuit. They chose to focus on the suit, and not the personal issues between the parties involved.

You're mistaken, my friend.
You're mixing apples with bananas here.

There's a difference between an editorial wire service, such as AP, Reuters, Bloomberg,? etc. -- and a distribution wire service, such as Business Wire and PRNewswire.? An editorial wire service always re-writes, edits and picks and chooses what it wants to publish and what it doesn't.?

However, a distribution wire service, such as Business Wire (which is how the GNR release was distributed), does not edit releases - it simply distributes them for clients for a fee.? If an error is made in the distribution, Business Wire will re-issue the release with a correction if asked.

Thanks , Madison. beer I expected some backup on this issue, I just didnt expect it from you. hihi I knew I wasnt crazy. I read about all that shit after the press release was issued, and I know they dont censor what they distribute.

noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 11:06:55 PM »

He has none, he generally makes ridiculous statements without any knowledge (look
If they are so ridiculous, why do you have such a hard time discrediting what I say? You always take the losers way out by resorting to insults.

As you like to tell so many people on this board, reread my post, and you'll see where i discredited you without much effort.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. ?So when you claim everyone that posts a rumor or news is a fraud you're right about 50% the time. ?The unfortunate part is that we have to listen to you 100% of the time. ?

Quit being the board "watchdog" we all have minds of our own and can form our own opinions without you attacking the credibility of the people who bring news.

While i may not agree with Mysteron's tactics of only confirming or denying rumors, i do aprreciate the fact that he does contribute something and wouldn't waste my time trying to discredit him. ?He's proven to be someone who can be trusted and you should accept that.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:51 PM »

As you like to tell so many people on this board, reread my post, and you'll see where i discredited you without much effort.
I did. You didnt discredit me. It was just more of your usual insults.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.  So when you claim everyone that posts a rumor or news is a fraud you're right about 50% the time.  The unfortunate part is that we have to listen to you 100% of the time. 
More insults I see.
Quit being the board "watchdog" we all have minds of our own and can form our own opinions without you attacking the credibility of the people who bring news.
I'm not the board "watchdog". If you have a mind, please use it.
While i may not agree with Mysteron's tactics of only confirming or denying rumors, i do aprreciate the fact that he does contribute something and wouldn't waste my time trying to discredit him.  He's proven to be someone who can be trusted and you should accept that.
Wow, you made a semi-decent point. Congrats. I think you and several others blow the Lofton vs Mysteron thing way out of proportion. I never said he was a total fraud. Yes, he does contribute things. I admit that. I have had several disagreements with him, and sometimes it is a heated discussion, but unlike you, I try and discuss that in a rational way. I have talked to him in PMs before, and I know he has "contacts". When I mention "fake insiders", I am NOT referring to Mysteron. I think Mysteron realizes that. yeah I will admit, I ocassionally make jokes about Mysteron(ex: the street teams) but its just a joke. I know that, he knows that(hopefully), and most of the forum knows that. Its the trolls that have to attack me just because they dont agree with me and have no rational rebuttal that have to nitpick and find something negative to say to me. Move on, dude. Go debate a brick wall or something, or go be a troll on someone else's back. ok

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »

Jesus James, your post count has doubled in the past month.

Check out this Axl interview from 1988, it is insane how he talks about Slash then and wanting to do something so different.  Is even really that different today?  Except for then he was a bad ass and now, well he just isn't.  A very telling interview.  I like the part about a child psychologist the best.  Cause he ended up actually getting a shrink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsa6CWg53Y&search=Slash
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »

Well someone's gotta discredit the propoganda. hihi

I'm trying to overtake D and SLCPunk as the biggest post whore on the site. hihi

Thanks for posting that interview. I'll check it out.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:18:55 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2006, 12:23:10 AM »

James, nice signature.  I endure Axl for the sake of a reunion that only I can see.  rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2006, 12:26:13 AM »

James, nice signature.? I endure Axl for the sake of a reunion that only I can see.? rofl
Thanks! beer I always try and have a sig that relates to Axl and the CD saga. But my dream is CD. I dont give a damn about a reunion. ok

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2006, 12:38:17 AM »

James, nice signature.? I endure Axl for the sake of a reunion that only I can see.? rofl
Thanks! beer I always try and have a sig that relates to Axl and the CD saga. But my dream is CD. I dont give a damn about a reunion. ok

James, I know.  I just said that shit so you could tell me you didn't give a dam about a reunion cause you dream was CD.  You dream is now reduced to trying to fall back to sleep to finish the dream so you can hear the rest of the album considering you already hear 1/3 of it.  Maybe we will hear from Slash tomorrow so he can tell us when CD is coming out.  I bet Izzy told him since Axy is mad at him.
badapple81
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »

Check out this Axl interview from 1988, it is insane how he talks about Slash then and wanting to do something so different.? Is even really that different today?? Except for then he was a bad ass and now, well he just isn't.? A very telling interview.? I like the part about a child psychologist the best.? Cause he ended up actually getting a shrink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsa6CWg53Y&search=Slash

Well I think given his childhood and what he went through, there is nothing wrong with getting a psychologist at all. And he isn't bad ass? Well I don't think 44 year olds are supposed to be that bad ass. How is Slash that bad ass now?

Thaks for posting the interview by the way had been a long time since I'd seen that. I'm suprised the relationship between Axl and Slash (and Duff I guess) lasted as long as the Illusions. I remember in 02 Axl talking about the arguments he had with them to get them to do Estranged etc. In the Making Of vids he talks about how grateful he was for Slash's work on those.. I guess Slash took a lot of convincing.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2006, 08:03:59 AM »

according to mysteron the newswires edited it themselves....something i never really believed...
Mysteron is wrong. Newswires dont edit press releases. Thats not their job. They send out what they receive. If they had edited it, Axl and the lapdog express would already be attacking them and filing lawsuits.

Wire services can edit press releases, and you can't sue them for it. Wire services are not a personal marketing machine for the various industries. They are allowed to quote in part or in whole, and to paraphrase. They can choose to carry some, all, or none of a press release.
You, Mysteron, Thorazine Schuffle, and Ppbebe need to show examples instead of just declaring I'm wrong. I wont be holding my breath while I wait for you to deliver your examples.

Mysteron, the topic of this thread was aimed towards you in a certain way. Since you wanted us to attack the Boston media, and certain people thought you would again try and "rally the troops". Funny how you completely ignored 99% of the discussion here and just say that I dont know shit about press releases and making little remarks about your avatar.

Whatever  Roll Eyes

At least people can understand why I have chosen to 'ignore the discussion'  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »

At least people can understand why I have chosen to 'ignore the discussion'? hihi
Why would you choose to ignore something when you approved of something identical to it just a couple weeks ago?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2006, 08:10:47 AM »

according to mysteron the newswires edited it themselves....something i never really believed...
Mysteron is wrong. Newswires dont edit press releases. Thats not their job. They send out what they receive. If they had edited it, Axl and the lapdog express would already be attacking them and filing lawsuits.

You, Mysteron, Thorazine Schuffle, and Ppbebe need to show examples instead of just declaring I'm wrong. I wont be holding my breath while I wait for you to deliver your examples.

Mysteron, the topic of this thread was aimed towards you in a certain way. Since you wanted us to attack the Boston media, and certain people thought you would again try and "rally the troops". Funny how you completely ignored 99% of the discussion here and just say that I dont know shit about press releases and making little remarks about your avatar.

It's common knowledge. It happens every day. There's a million examples, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass searching them out, because I then need to find the wire story AND the original press release.

However, this is from the AP's Statement of News Values and Principles:

"Under no circumstances can releases reach the wire in their original form; we can use information and quotes from releases, but we must check the material, augment it with information from other sources, and then write our own stories."

Wire services and newspapers are not recycling centers for press releases, nor are they forums to post messages on. It's likely they edited out that paragraph because there's no way to tell if the Slash story is related to the lawsuit. They chose to focus on the suit, and not the personal issues between the parties involved.
Maybe different wire services have different sets of standards.

That is it, like any other industry.

Unless you actually work for Business Wire specifically, there is no way to know how it operates
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2006, 08:11:38 AM »

At least people can understand why I have chosen to 'ignore the discussion'? hihi
Why would you choose to ignore something when you approved of something identical to it just a couple weeks ago?

I gave up trying to explain things two weeks ago. Move on.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »

Funny. Kind of a cop out, but I understand that position. Good to know we wont be seeing any lame media attacks anytime soon. Did this new position have anything to do with Weiland's comments, or had the decision already been made to change strategy?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2006, 08:23:22 AM »

Funny. Kind of a cop out, but I understand that position. Good to know we wont be seeing any lame media attacks anytime soon. Did this new position have anything to do with Weiland's comments, or had the decision already been made to change strategy?

It's not that. It's hard sometimes to explain oneself in words on a computer screen  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2006, 08:29:19 AM »

It's not that. It's hard sometimes to explain oneself in words on a computer screen? hihi
Could you try a little harder? hihi

could you tell us what the GNR camp thought of Weiland's comments?

Did the harsh tone of his comments surprise them?

madagas
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2006, 09:08:38 AM »

James, why are you so concerned with what Weiland says? Who gives a shit? It has nothing to do with the release date of the album or the scheduling of a tour. I don't get this sudden obsession. Why is his opinion of Axl different than anybody else's? Chill. peace As Mr. Hurst says in Deadwood..."focus on the color"...that being Gnr activity regarding music...not the Weiland/Axl/Slash sideshow.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:26:07 AM by madagas » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »

Whatever? Roll Eyes

The topic I started was not meant in a negative manner, or as a way to "finger-point," but moreso to point out that bogus headlines are far more disturbing to me (and i would think to mgt.) than one stating their personal opinion.  I think MTV's headline was suggestive, and misleading.  I hope someone pointed that out to them.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2006, 09:42:32 AM »

Whatever? Roll Eyes

The topic I started was not meant in a negative manner, or as a way to "finger-point," but moreso to point out that bogus headlines are far more disturbing to me (and i would think to mgt.) than one stating their personal opinion.? I think MTV's headline was suggestive, and misleading.? I hope someone pointed that out to them.

It is always good to give these sites feedback, whether you agree or disagree with what they are saying.

They like to know what their readers are thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: