Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!  (Read 20717 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2006, 10:43:09 AM »

cant imagine a guy as seemingly sensitive to criticism and scrutiny as Axl laughing
do you honestly think Axl was wrried or pissed off the way he normally gets at a review or something...for al lwe know this was the reaction he was expecting...

point is I highly doubt Axl went into tantrum/scared/sensitivity mode when these comments came out...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »

cant imagine a guy as seemingly sensitive to criticism and scrutiny as Axl laughing
do you honestly think Axl was wrried or pissed off the way he normally gets at a review or something...

If I was to guess, yes.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

The ironic side of it is that

thanks to scott,? the paragraph omited from the press release against axl's will

now made a highlighten comeback.
I think that was part of the point. What Axl only wanted us forum people to see, Weiland has decided to share with the rest of the world. Like I said yesterday. Weiland decided to kick things up a notch. Its like Axl showed up to play an easy game of checkers but he walked into a room where chess is being played.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »

yeah, this is what bouth bands want now..
This is making them interesting before the Summertouring starts..
i have  a bad feeling Velvet Revolver will suffer from it, when GNR
kicks theyr ass and shows whos the best artist!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2006, 10:52:04 AM »

Its like Axl showed up to play an easy game of checkers but he walked into a room where chess is being played

uh oh oh no!!!!!!!!!! Axls in trouble now because he cant keep up with the genius of Scott Weiland....

if they were playing Axis and Allies it would be a different story....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

uh oh oh no!!!!!!!!!! Axls in trouble now because he cant keep up with the genius of Scott Weiland....

if they were playing Axis and Allies it would be a different story....
You're not very good at sarcasm. Obviously you cant deal with the Weiland comments and the implications of those comments, so you must lash out at those who understand them. Suit yourself.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »

Obviously you cant deal with the Weiland comments and the implications of those comments, so you must lash out at those who understand them. Suit yourself.

your right I cant sleep at night..Weilands comemnts are ringing in my head

lashing out? at who...or is this one of your message board tacttics...

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »

thanks to scott,  the paragraph omited from the press release against axl's will

I think that was part of the point. What Axl only wanted us forum people to see, Weiland has decided to share with the rest of the world. Like I said yesterday. Weiland decided to kick things up a notch. Its like Axl showed up to play an easy game of checkers but he walked into a room where chess is being played.

so you think weiland or velvet revolver benefit from that part of the statement???

if axl lied, you`re definitely right.... but since this was a legal press release he had to be honest about the slash thing....

scott`s "statement" was unprofessional and stupid

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »

if axl lied, you`re definitely right.... but since this was a legal press release he had to be honest about the slash thing....
If this "press release" had so much truth and integrity in it, why was the Slash/VR part edited out so the rest of the world wouldnt see it? The VR Slash shit  was for forum consumption. The rest of humanity had to find out from Weiland what was really said.

As Falcon put it so eloquently, Weiland delivered a serious "bitch slap" to the GNR camp, and you wont be seeing anymore Axl lapdog press releases concerning Weiland or Slash in the near future. He was called out to walk the walk, and any bullshit talk through lawyers and lapdogs isnt going to cut the mustard.

WaRose, I agree. The Weiland insults were a little childish, but he made the point he was trying to make.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »

thanks to scott,? the paragraph omited from the press release against axl's will

so you think weiland or velvet revolver benefit from that part of the statement???

I think VR and GNR benefited.? This spat will give press to both bands.?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:38:54 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »

thanks to scott,  the paragraph omited from the press release against axl's will

I believe what Axl's side said at the begining of the letter. It's a part of the counterclaim.
Otherwise, he could write it separetely from the legal statement.
What's the point in showing it just to a limited number of fans in the forums?

It's a news article on the main site of HTGTH. and @ the most of fan sites.
the court can read it.
What point is there in bsing? NO they couldn't.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:34 AM »

I believe what Axl's side said at the begining of the letter. It's a part of the counterclaim.

the court can read it.

I think you need to go back in time a little. Go read the beginning of these threads and how this press release was sent out. The newswires got one without the Slash/VR mentions while we got the one full of bullshit.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »

the court can read it.

I think you need to go back in time a little. Go read the beginning of these threads and how this press release was sent out. The newswires got one without the Slash/VR mentions while we got the one full of bullshit.

according to mysteron the newswires edited it themselves....something i never really believed...

my guess is, that axl wanted to leave the public out of this affair for the most part. he knew that VR  would get the missing part without the press reporting it...

if the slash bit is really true, it wasn`t a smart move from scott to issue his statement....yeah he made his point about axl not having released CD, but that isn`t something the public needs to be told...

i seriously believe axl didn`t want to have the public know about slash`s visit at first (rolling stone interview...), but then something happened that changed his opinion....  and with this statement he wanted to deliver the so called "bitch slap" to the VR camp....

as you might remember there were rumours about problems in VR way before....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2006, 12:08:53 PM »

according to mysteron the newswires edited it themselves....something i never really believed...
Mysteron is wrong. Newswires dont edit press releases. Thats not their job. They send out what they receive. If they had edited it, Axl and the lapdog express would already be attacking them and filing lawsuits.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »

Mysteron is wrong. Newswires dont edit press releases. Thats not their job. They send out what they receive. If they had edited it, Axl and the lapdog express would already be attacking them and filing lawsuits.

Newswires edit press releases all the time. 

WARose
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2006, 12:24:45 PM »

yeah..... that`s my opinion as well........but if they didn`t edit it, it means that axl didn`t want the public and media to participate in this shitfight....he just wanted duff, scott and matt to know what slash said....

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2006, 01:01:09 PM »

Jameslofton verbally rapes "insane, mundane" Newsman

Suggests I am insane (I am on this board, righto), but who suggested this?? This, like the MTV headline, indicates it is the status quo opinion.? It does not attribute this to Jameslofton.? Does this make sense?? I hope it does, because it is an art, that is specifically used daily by huge corporate interests.? I am not saying that this happened in this instance, but do realize, PAYOLA, does not just apply to radio spins.?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »

Suggests I am insane (I am on this board, righto), but who suggested this?  This, like the MTV headline, indicates it is the status quo opinion.  It does not attribute this to Jameslofton.  Does this make sense?  I hope it does, because it is an art, that is specifically used daily by huge corporate interests.  I am not saying that this happened in this instance, but do realize, PAYOLA, does not just apply to radio spins. 

dude, no offense, but your arguement is really lame....you can't report it as news, as fact that someone is "uncreative and untalented" (or whatever the stupid headline is).  OBVIOUSLY its an opinion.  EVEN if MTV.com agrees with Scott, its still just THEIR OPINION.   nothing is being reported as fact or the status quo.  If you can't grasp that this was just an attention grabbing headline you're really not fit to carry the "newsman" in your screen name.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »

Suggests I am insane (I am on this board, righto), but who suggested this?? This, like the MTV headline, indicates it is the status quo opinion.? It does not attribute this to Jameslofton.? Does this make sense?? I hope it does, because it is an art, that is specifically used daily by huge corporate interests.? I am not saying that this happened in this instance, but do realize, PAYOLA, does not just apply to radio spins.?

dude, no offense, but your arguement is really lame....you can't report it as news, as fact that someone is "uncreative and untalented" (or whatever the stupid headline is).? OBVIOUSLY its an opinion.? EVEN if MTV.com agrees with Scott, its still just THEIR OPINION.? ?nothing is being reported as fact or the status quo.? If you can't grasp that this was just an attention grabbing headline you're really not fit to carry the "newsman" in your screen name.

Well, I respect your opinion--and think I could have made my point more clear.? Let me briefly clarify.? My main point is this:? some people on the board were trying to persuade the bretheren to write to the Boston Herald, to critisize a writer for basically stating their opinion and a typo.? This misleading headline, to me, is a more blatant  mistake, with a far wider audience, than Herald's.? Thus, if one were to go after the press, I would not go after them for stating their valid opinions, but for writing misleading headlines, which can easily be misinterpreted, and are suggestive.? Let MTV know they should clarify the headline, and change it.? Very simple, but it is good in the long run to let MTV know you are policing them; I would assume they would not make the mistake again.? I was NOT trying to start an argument, which happens here much of the time; but, to just state that words do matter, and they do persuade impressionable minds.  Moreover, I know it's a quote, and many do, it still does not give the headline writer a "free pass."  I think, also, now is the time, before the album drops, to ensure the big media outlets don't flub up headlines regarding the review.  Keep them on their toes so to speak; well, at least that is what I would do if I was managing this multi-million dollar band.

Just in case you don't believe the validity of my point, here is a case study, of this in action over the weekend (again either laziness, or Time Warner flexing it's meddle--nonetheless, misleading):

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/007864.php
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:38:01 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

If this "press release" had so much truth and integrity in it, why was the Slash/VR part edited out so the rest of the world wouldnt see it? The VR Slash shit? was for forum consumption. The rest of humanity had to find out from Weiland what was really said.

As Falcon put it so eloquently, Weiland delivered a serious "bitch slap" to the GNR camp, and you wont be seeing anymore Axl lapdog press releases concerning Weiland or Slash in the near future. He was called out to walk the walk, and any bullshit talk through lawyers and lapdogs isnt going to cut the mustard.

WaRose, I agree. The Weiland insults were a little childish, but he made the point he was trying to make.

What Weiland said makes him look like an ass esp since its bullshit. Axl never wrote any melodys for gnr? He had people write songs for him? Gee that is funny EVERY BAND does that. Scott did not write 100% of the songs in VR or STP, so what is he talking about? And the wig, and being fat comments just make him look like an ever bigger ass. Scott is one to talk about his H additction and him only weighting about 100 lbs. When scott tries to act bad ass he sounds like a fool.

Scotts comments have not effected Axl in the least, he is still out and about and he still seen spotting everywhere over the past week.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: