Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!  (Read 20739 times)
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 12:25:23 AM »

Did they say it with as much gusto as Weiland did? I think not. Besides, the examples you gave were used as mere punchlines to jokes. Weiland's was not.

Yeah they did, you're being overly dramatic, as usual.

. Scott has been the punchline to many a joke. It doesn't matter how many tours he's completed or albums he's released.

Sure it does. Its called a resume. He has a good one. Maybe not as good as Axl's resume from 15 years ago, but his is more up to date. If you're referring to Weiland's drug use, big deal. All these stars are current or former drug addicts. Find another dog that will hunt. This one dont

You're really gonna give credibility to the fucking Babe Ruth of drug use ? ?Axl was a little leaguer compared to this hall of fame junkie who had to have baby sitters with him when he went on tour. ? His resume reeks of heroin, mutiple stints in rehab, mediocre records and ex bandmates who think he's a complete douche. ?Don't compare resumes James, that fucking dog won't hunt.

Axl quotes one of his bandmates calling him a fraud and he came back throwing juvenile insults about Axl's apperance. This coming from a junkie loser who puts on eyeliner before appearing in public. ?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 12:27:39 AM »

Whatever you guy's are chatting about I am not.? I am talking about big media, playing Aldous Huxley like, Orwellian mind-fuck games with headlines.? Read the headline, it is suggestive.? It should be called out.? Why?? ?Because subtle games like these suggest either extreme incompetence, or payola.? My bet is, whoever wrote this headline, was on the take.? Seen it before, studied this, and know what it is about.? Sanctuary should be on the phone to Viacom right now, if they have not been already.? Here is the headline:

Scott Weiland Hits Back At 'Unoriginal, Uncreative' Axl Rose

are you joking? cause there is nothing wrong with that headline. the headline is a way of giving some detail regarding what scott said, which is why quotes are used. mtv frequently writes headlines in that manner.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 12:28:52 AM »

Whatever you guy's are chatting about I am not.? I am talking about big media, playing Aldous Huxley like, Orwellian mind-fuck games with headlines.? Read the headline, it is suggestive.? It should be called out.? Why?? ?Because subtle games like these suggest either extreme incompetence, or payola.? My bet is, whoever wrote this headline, was on the take.? Seen it before, studied this, and know what it is about.? Sanctuary should be on the phone to Viacom right now, if they have not been already.? Here is the headline:

Back when I was writing for an indie rock mag we used to make titles like that all the time. Its called a hook, to make you read the article. Every magazine does it.

Its a safe bet that most people know that the line is coming from scott and not MTV.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »

There last headline, implies that Axl is "Uncreative and Unoriginal."? In fact, they state it.? Very, very misleading, and really either implicit bs, or just plain laziness on the editors part.? Anyway's, this is something that they should be blasted about.? Really pathetic journalism, that can be corrected.? Borderline libel.?

Glad to know Scott is hitting "uncreative & unoriginal" folks.?

Read the headline of this story, and one get's the impression that this is a Republican think tank, hammering the Democrat's on the Drudge report.? This stuff is big business, that's why there might be more to this headline than meet's the eye ($$$$$)!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525967/20060313/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true

You know, for someone who calls himself Minneapolisnewsman and railed on & on about amaturish press releases, the fact that you don't realize that "uncreative and unoriginal" was in quotes, that the headline was quoting Weiland & not offering an opinion, like you thought, doesn't speak well for your so called news/journalism comprehension. Also, the misspellings & all those misused apostrophes suggests maybe you should get your journalistic shit together before you sling shots at other journalists.

I'm just saying....
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »

There last headline, implies that Axl is "Uncreative and Unoriginal."? In fact, they state it.? Very, very misleading, and really either implicit bs, or just plain laziness on the editors part.? Anyway's, this is something that they should be blasted about.? Really pathetic journalism, that can be corrected.? Borderline libel.?

Glad to know Scott is hitting "uncreative & unoriginal" folks.?

Read the headline of this story, and one get's the impression that this is a Republican think tank, hammering the Democrat's on the Drudge report.? This stuff is big business, that's why there might be more to this headline than meet's the eye ($$$$$)!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525967/20060313/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true

You know, for someone who calls himself Minneapolisnewsman and railed on & on about amaturish press releases, the fact that you don't realize that "uncreative and unoriginal" was in quotes, that the headline was quoting Weiland & not offering an opinion, like you thought, doesn't speak well for your so called news/journalism comprehension. Also, the misspellings & all those misused apostrophes suggests maybe you should get your journalistic shit together before you sling shots at other journalists.

I'm just saying....

No shit it's in quotes.?? The accumulation, of subtle, suggestive headlines like this can be devastating.? Karl Rove, won an election, he had no business winning, using tactics like this (payola to get headlines), etc.? The point I am trying to make is that this would be more concerning to me than criticism, or micharacterization of "demo" songs.? For crying out loud, it's the headline--not for an indie weekly, but for Viacom and their outlets.?

Secondly, if one is just reading the headline, they would have no idea who said Rose was "Uncreative, or Unoriginal?"? To be responsible, they must indicate who said that, if not they are suggesting, however subtley, that these are quotable, common "adjectives" regarding Rose. That is misleading, and false. Moreover, wait until this is translated around the world--the quotes will be gone in many instances.?

More than anything, though, it is at the least laziness on the part of the editor.? If we were asked to comment regarding a false characterizations of demo songs, then taking issue with suggestive, misleading headlines (that are read five times more than stuff buried in articles) would make sense.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 12:53:54 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 12:47:36 AM »

James, I don't know why you think Axl cares so much about Scott's little diatribe. He had to know Slash, Duff, Scott and Matt would be pissed off about these comments, and would probably respond through the media.

We know why Scott's upset - that's obvious. The important piece of information that is missing is what Slash did that caused Axl to make this public. It happened 4-5 months ago, but it only came out now. Why?

And I don't see any reason to believe that the meeting did not happen, although Slash's "comments" are clearly taken out of context. If you are saying that Scott has thrown the ball in Axl's court regarding a record release, that ball has been there for years. It's always been Axl's turn to make the next move, and this doesn't change a thing.

For the record, I like Scott and STP. Good band. Just like Velvet Revolver is a good band. But everything Axl puts out is "magic" to quote Brian May. These demos (plus the songs from '02) are proof, GNR has a fantastic record just waiting to come out. Which is exact same situation as 2004 or 2002.

As for this story, it means nothing at all. They are simply reporting Axl and Scott's comments. Does this surprise anyone?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 12:58:23 AM »

Yeah they did, you're being overly dramatic, as usual.
This is the only part of your post I'm quoting because the rest of your post  is irrelevant(in my opinion), and its to say you have horrible debating skills. If all you can mention are insults, you need to find someone less intellectual to debate with on that level.
Whatever you guy's are chatting about I am not. I am talking about big media, playing Aldous Huxley like, Orwellian mind-fuck games with headlines. Read the headline, it is suggestive. It should be called out. Why? Because subtle games like these suggest either extreme incompetence, or payola. My bet is, whoever wrote this headline, was on the take. Seen it before, studied this, and know what it is about. Sanctuary should be on the phone to Viacom right now, if they have not been already. Here is the headline:

Newsman, I see the point you are trying to make, but I disagree. It is not "mind fuck" games, and if it is, it was started by Axl. The headline makes perfect sense. Weiland spoke out on this issue HIMSELF. He did not use a lawyer or Merck as his public mouthpiece. That is why the headline is so dramatic. If Axl would ever speak for himself, he might also get an attention grabbing headline like the one you've described.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 01:12:14 AM »

Whatever you guy's are chatting about I am not.  I am talking about big media, playing Aldous Huxley like, Orwellian mind-fuck games with headlines.  Read the headline, it is suggestive.  It should be called out.  Why?   Because subtle games like these suggest either extreme incompetence, or payola.  My bet is, whoever wrote this headline, was on the take.  Seen it before, studied this, and know what it is about.  Sanctuary should be on the phone to Viacom right now, if they have not been already.  Here is the headline:

Back when I was writing for an indie rock mag we used to make titles like that all the time. Its called a hook, to make you read the article. Every magazine does it.

Its a safe bet that most people know that the line is coming from scott and not MTV.

I agree, this is a pretty silly accusation to throw on MTV or any other news outlet reporting on this "storY".  If someone is THAT DUMB to not get the hook in the headline then they shouldn't be reading...stick to picture books.

OFF TOPIC - Your karl rove line was pretty funny...funny b/c its totally true - most americans are f'ing idiot sheep and can't read between the lines.  But don't blame the people writing the stuff whether it be Rove or MTV.com in this case - people should be smart enough to draw their own conclusions.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 01:57:20 AM »

most americans are f'ing idiot sheep

Edit:  most of the world is f'ing idiot sheep.   Wink

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2006, 03:15:24 AM »

Jesus... this whole subject and all its related threads need to be airlifted to the "Dead Horse" section... and it's only 4 days old.confused

Guys, James is absolutely right... the only way for Axl to humiliate Weiland is to release CD (which we know now more than ever will be brilliant) and tour his ass off behind it... that's it. The rest is bullshit, lawyers and PR firms...

The reason GN'R could withstand criticism from Living Color, Vince Neil, James Hettfield and Kurt Cobain back in the day was because they were dominating the charts with their MUSIC. Right now, Axl's like a big peniata (spelling) floating around for everyone to smack until he drops CD. CD will shut a lot of motherfuckers up... but until then... Axl's an easy target... that's just the reality.... but there's absolutely no sense getting so involved in this thing anymore... no amount of words or insults will suffice... only MUSIC will put Weiland, and others like him, in their motherfucking place... just like it did in 80's and early 90's.

Thank you.

The End.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 03:25:18 AM »

Jesus... this whole subject and all its related threads need to be airlifted to the "Dead Horse" section... and it's only 4 days old.confused
hihi Funny. Maybe true too. hihi
Guys, James is absolutely right... the only way for Axl to humiliate Weiland is to release CD (which we know now more than ever will be brilliant) and tour his ass off behind it... 
You know, to be honest, I dont think he has to "tour his ass off" to destroy his critics. Sure it would help, but I think a successful Europen tour, with some asian shows , and maybe some stops in some big american(north and south) cities is good enough. I hope he doesnt think that he has to try and outdo the UYI tour. Its not necessary. I think that by just releasing the album will shut Weiland's mouth, and the various other "stars" that have insulted him or fucked him over in the past.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 08:08:12 AM »

hihi Funny. Maybe true too. hihi
Guys, James is absolutely right... the only way for Axl to humiliate Weiland is to release CD (which we know now more than ever will be brilliant) and tour his ass off behind it... 
You know, to be honest, I dont think he has to "tour his ass off" to destroy his critics. Sure it would help, but I think a successful Europen tour, with some asian shows , and maybe some stops in some big american(north and south) cities is good enough. I hope he doesnt think that he has to try and outdo the UYI tour. Its not necessary. I think that by just releasing the album will shut Weiland's mouth, and the various other "stars" that have insulted him or fucked him over in the past.

i agree. outdoing the uyi isn`t necessary.....  and we all know the result of the UYI tour by the way....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »

I think all you guys need to get your heads out of your asses.  All I keep reading is "Scotts the Babe Ruth of junkies" and "Axl is a hermit woman beater".  THIS WAS YEARS AGO PEOPLE!  People get older and they come to their senses.   I'm sure that there are people on this board who had alot of fun with drugs (like me), and just decided that it wasn't fun anymore.  Does that still make us junkies?  Hell no.  Quit bringing that shit up.  Stick to the facts.  Whos better, whos right, and how to resolve it.  Not "Scotts a fag junkie" and "Axls a woman beater and fag hater". 

I don't see people saying Duffs a drunk.  Why? Because he quit.  And if I see a post saying "once a junkie, always a junkie" like in the other thread that EXACTLY like this, let me give you a big FUCK YOU in advance.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 08:47:29 AM »

I think all you guys need to get your heads out of your asses.  All I keep reading is "Scotts the Babe Ruth of junkies" and "Axl is a hermit woman beater".  THIS WAS YEARS AGO PEOPLE!  People get older and they come to their senses.   I'm sure that there are people on this board who had alot of fun with drugs (like me), and just decided that it wasn't fun anymore.  Does that still make us junkies?  Hell no.  Quit bringing that shit up.  Stick to the facts.  Whos better, whos right, and how to resolve it.  Not "Scotts a fag junkie" and "Axls a woman beater and fag hater". 

I don't see people saying Duffs a drunk.  Why? Because he quit.  And if I see a post saying "once a junkie, always a junkie" like in the other thread that EXACTLY like this, let me give you a big FUCK YOU in advance.

axl and especially scott have just proven that they didn`t really mature over the years....

and well..... once a junkie, always a junkie.....  like it or not...

it`s not possible for someone who was addicted to drugs in the past to use them in a controlled way after that...  and i know what i`m speaking about.....

nobody here cares about them having taken drugs in the past by the way... if someone calls scott a junkie it`s just another way to insult him.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 08:59:39 AM »

I think all you guys need to get your heads out of your asses.? All I keep reading is "Scotts the Babe Ruth of junkies" and "Axl is a hermit woman beater".? THIS WAS YEARS AGO PEOPLE!? People get older and they come to their senses.? ?I'm sure that there are people on this board who had alot of fun with drugs (like me), and just decided that it wasn't fun anymore.? Does that still make us junkies?? Hell no.? Quit bringing that shit up.? Stick to the facts.? Whos better, whos right, and how to resolve it.? Not "Scotts a fag junkie" and "Axls a woman beater and fag hater".?

I don't see people saying Duffs a drunk.? Why? Because he quit.? And if I see a post saying "once a junkie, always a junkie" like in the other thread that EXACTLY like this, let me give you a big FUCK YOU in advance.

and well..... once a junkie, always a junkie.....? like it or not...

Here's my stance: You quit, you're not a junkie anymore.  Simple as that.  the above statement is re-hashed AA, NA stuff.  I've been musician over 20 years, had my share of fun.  But when you quit, you quit.  If I had some asshole jump in my face and said I was still a junkie, just an inactive junkie, I would slap the shit out of them.  I don't know, maybe it works for some poeple to believe that.  And if thats the case, then they are never out of the shadow with drugs.

Scott has his family, and has been clean for over 2 years. And thats good enough for me.  I don't see him falling off the wagon again.  And I've followed his career since 92.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 09:05:08 AM »

But when you quit, you quit.

not everyone manages that so well i think.....

but i agree with the main points of your last post though

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 09:36:08 AM »

Here's my stance: You quit, you're not a junkie anymore.? Simple as that.?
I agree. I used to be into drugs and alcohol pretty bad years ago, but havent done them since, and have no desire to either. ok

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 09:39:45 AM »

Axl did experiment with drugs but he was never a huge junkie like Scott Weiland.

As for the women hitting well those are rumours and he never pleaded guility or anything. Innocent before proven Guilty in a court of law.
Your post became irrelevant at that point, so I wont even bother to quote or comment on the rest.

Its a known FACT that Axl has abused drugs and women in the past. He has admitted it, and so have ALL the people involved. Dont ask me to dig up the articles to "prove it". You know its true, and I see what you are doing. You are trying to change the subject by attacking Weiland instead of intelligently debating the facts of the statements, and the media involvement in them. Nice try, but you're on another dog that dont hunt.

Instead of trying to debate me with attacks on Weiland and acting like Axl is a saint, maybe you should just go to the Weiland thread and call him a few names.

Axl has NEVER admitted to abusing women in the past. NEVER.  He has never even been charged with such an act.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 10:27:02 AM »

The ironic side of it is that

thanks to scott,  the paragraph omited from the press release against axl's will

now made a highlighten comeback.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:32 AM »

Personally, I think Axl had to laugh at the insults. I mean anytime you can basically reduce a grown man to the level of a 4th grader, you win the battle of wit in my opinion.

While Scotts letter was undeniably childish, I cant imagine a guy as seemingly sensitive to criticism and scrutiny as Axl laughing about the allegations of "Botox" and "wig-wearing" appearing on MTV.com and Rollingstone.com...

A few folks on here are stuck on the burden of potential libel and refer to it as proof that Axl was being truthful.  Either Weiland is telling the truth or has opened himself up for libel...either way, nobody here should rely on it as a gauge of truth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: