Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysteron, if you want to whack the press, start with MTV!!  (Read 20757 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 10:29:54 PM »

James, go back to the Weiland thread and re-read my original comments. This is actually what I spelled out there. I said right away come monday, MTV's website and a few other sources would pick it up, and few real mainstream sources.

and you won't hear any more after the next two to three days. That's what happens when a story breaks late before the weekend.
I remember what you said, and go re-read my comments. I said that the publicity for this has only begun. Next month's magazines havent came out yet. The magazines have a bigger audience than a few web sites.

Agreed. However, due to the physical constraints of print publications, magazines have less room to dedicate to an issue than websites. Websites can basically have endless amounts of text. Their only worry is bandwidth (and perhaps storage space), and a place like RS worries about neither. Their print publication needs space for advertising etc.

So if the website only sees fit to do a 4 line story, unless someone either decides the spat will sell issues (unlikely) or someone wants to inflate the issue and do some kind of in-depth story (not enough of a feud yet to do that), it doesn't seem likely that the monthly will focus on it much.
Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »

Why would they regret it? ?All they are getting is more publicity. ?There have been plenty of other people to insult Axl in the past and plenty more in the future. ? ?Do you really think Axl thought they wouldn't response? ? Of course he did. ? He'll ride the publicity and laugh at all the attention he is getting for doing nothing but putting out a press release.
When you find something that even comes close to approaching Weiland's comments, please post it in this thread. I would like to see it.

Too name a few......
http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=10697
Ted Nugent, however, sympathized with Mr Rose: "If I was as ugly as Axl," he declared, "I'd be pissed off about cameras going off in my face too!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose
After declining Rose's offer, Cobain began to talk about Guns N' Roses and Axl to numerous media sources, claiming that they were untalented and that Axl was a homophobic loser, to which Axl said of Nirvana, "They would rather sit home and shoot heroin with their fucking bitch wives than tour with us."

I think you over-estimate what people think of the Gn'r. ? The ones that really care (like us), know the album is long-overdue and are going to buy it anyways. ?The "other" ones aren't huge fans anyways, so they aren't thinking, I'm not going to buy this album because he should have put it out before now. ?They are thinking, hey, GN'R they rock, so they might be putting out an album / touring soon? ?Cool, when can I see them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 10:33:36 PM by Democratized Canuck » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 10:34:28 PM »

Fear the Weiland and his forth grade insults!

Is that like the the Axl and his high school "ooh, ooh, guess what Slash said?"

Like he said can't have it both ways.

Both ways? How was that the same? I don't think what he said was necessary at all, but it wasn't anywhere near the insults Weiland through out.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »

The only way right now to 'whack' the press is to release a fucking great album.

Here today...ready to rock
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 10:36:27 PM »

Why would they regret it? ?All they are getting is more publicity. ?There have been plenty of other people to insult Axl in the past and plenty more in the future. ? ?Do you really think Axl thought they wouldn't response? ? Of course he did. ? He'll ride the publicity and laugh at all the attention he is getting for doing nothing but putting out a press release.
When you find something that even comes close to approaching Weiland's comments, please post it in this thread. I would like to see it.

Too name a few......
http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=10697
Ted Nugent, however, sympathized with Mr Rose: "If I was as ugly as Axl," he declared, "I'd be pissed off about cameras going off in my face too!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose
After declining Rose's offer, Cobain began to talk about Guns N' Roses and Axl to numerous media sources, claiming that they were untalented and that Axl was a homophobic loser, to which Axl said of Nirvana, "They would rather sit home and shoot heroin with their fucking bitch wives than tour with us."

I think you over-estimate what people think of the Gn'r. ? The ones that really care (like us), know the album is long-overdue and are going to buy it anyways. ?The "other" ones aren't huge fans anyways, so they aren't thinking, I'm not going to buy this album because he should have put it out before now. ?They are thinking, hey, GN'R they rock, so they might be putting out an album / touring soon? ?Cool, when can I see them.

You nailed it. Axl's brief fued with Nirvana didn't stop GNR from having the biggest tour in the world at the time. And Nirvana/Kurt Cobain blew anything Scott Weiland ever did out of the water.

Most people simply don't care enough to take sides, and those who do chose sides long ago.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »

I hate to tell you this James, but no one is going to take Scott seriously. At all. It's funny, that's about it. And no, I'm not reading it again. Any "substance" was drowned out by the fat-bo-toxed face, wig werain fuck comment that media outlets are responding to the most.
People do take him seriously. If they didnt, he wouldnt have so many fans and the media wouldnt report everything he does. I do agree with you about the insults though. He took valid criticisms and drowned them in insults. That was his big mistake in the statement.
The substance in his comments are that Axl bailed on his tour... and hasn't released an album... ok. No ones never said anything about this before (Jimmy Fallon, Howard Stern, Kelly Osbourne, The Offspring...) Roll Eyes
Did they say it with as much gusto as Weiland did? I think not. Besides, the examples you gave were used as mere punchlines to jokes. Weiland's was not.
. Scott has been the punchline to many a joke. It doesn't matter how many tours he's completed or albums he's released.
Sure it does. Its called a resume. He has a good one. Maybe not as good as Axl's resume from 15 years ago, but his is more up to date. If you're referring to Weiland's drug use, big deal. All these stars are current or former drug addicts. Find another dog that will hunt. This one dont.
And Axl's press release was about a lawsuit that gained a lot of attention. Which was a valid statement that was released by his lawyer. Just like his lawsuit for the car dealership had a press release. It wasn't a direct attack on VR, like Scott's was on Axl. And I only said he was in his legal right to make a counter claim. Why don't you go read my comments.
How is the Slash and VR comments valid to the lawsuit?
And this discussion is retarded. Don't say anything back!
Cant handle the intellectual debate? Since you dont want me to "say anything back", then dont respond to my posts. Simple as that.

Democratized Canuck: Bad examples. That doesnt even come close to what Weiland said.

Kyrie: Plenty of magazines will likely report this in the next few weeks: Rolling Stone, Blender, Maxim, People, Entertainment Weekly, US, Playboy, Details, and the music magazines of course. Thats just examples off the top of my head. Many more will do so. Although I do agree, if it gets no magazine coverage by next month, then the story is no longer relevant.

Kyrie: How did Canuck "nail it"? Mentioning Cobain insults that had nothing to do with 13 years of inactivity is not a good example. You are just grasping at straws.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 10:48:20 PM »

Personally, I think Axl had to laugh at the insults. I mean anytime you can basically reduce a grown man to the level of a 4th grader, you win the battle of wit in my opinion. All this controversey does is cause more record sales for Axl, more record sales for Scott. James was right to say that Guns N Roses legacy does hang in the balance because Axl is still yet to release this thing, but when he does I'm sure what we hear will outshine the work Weiland has done over the last 10 years. Weiland/Axl are too different breeds, Axl can deal with not being in the media and not being in the spotlight. Weiland wants it and will do anything he has too to get it, whether it be release a solo album, join a new megaband when STP goes downhill, etc.....

His statement really doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things... if I was Axl my only response would be to release the album. I wouldn't come back with any childish remarks like Scott said....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »

As disgusted as I am by the events of the past few days, Weiland's comments are about the loudest
bitchslap the GNR world has had in years. ?

I really don't see how anyone with any sense could interpret it any other way. ?No veiled accusations through a lawyer or alleged third party comments. ?All direct comments posted for the world to see by the man himself, no gray area whatsoever.

For the record, i still think all involved are idiots..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

Uh, maybe I didn't put it across that well, but the "don't say anything back" was not aimed at you. I was repeating what you said, actually.

I never said people do not take Weiland serious. But his comments on this subject I doubt. They're insults, and comedy in the eyes of many, including myself. And The Offspring were not joking... They just didn't add the forth grade insults.

As for Weilands drug use... Yes, that could be used by Axl, seeing how Scott used the wig, botox and him being fat... Not to mention questioning is credibility in songwriting... Dind't Duff have to take some comments back that were along those lines? Maybe that and the fact Duff and Slash keep saying this isn't GNR, which you could see as reason for Axl to say what he did in his statement... Again, it might be true...

And Weiland has been made fun of for his stage antics, his wardrobe, being cited as a rip off and his attitude, not to mention how unreliable he is (see the VR VH1 show) but... Wow, he has striking similarties to Axl doesn't he?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 10:55:32 PM »

Often imitated, never duplicated....
Democratized Canuck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

The Nirvana example show that other bands have trashed Axl in the past and Gn'R and Axl lived to see another day. ?Scott, is just another person in the long line. ?I admire Scott for sticking up for his band-mates, although I totally disagree with some of the total off-line responses about Axl's appearance. ?Also, he probably should have denied Slash was ever there. ?

My point is, all this did was add more publicity to Gn'R and I don't believe there is such a thing as bad publicity (as long as there isn't any teenage boys involved). ?
McDuff
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 11:04:57 PM »

Man, fuck this hearsay and statement bullshit.  I just wanna see Axl kick Weiland's scrawny little ass.  Who wouldn't wanna see that?  Get In The Ring Motherfucker!  Or steel cage or, I dunno, Evo, help me out on this one hihi  I'd like to see them walk the walk with fists involved.  Name-calling is child's play

hihi I would like to see a fight between Axl and Weiland,maybe they should have that on the next W.W.E. pay per view,I dunno who'd win,maybe a cage match,anyway the only problem would be if Axl lost he'd probably sue the WWE and everyone involved  rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006, 11:22:51 PM »

Weiland's comments are about the loudest bitchslap the GNR world has had in years. ?

I really don't see how anyone with any sense could interpret it any other way. ?No veiled accusations through a lawyer or alleged third party comments. ?All direct comments posted for the world to see by the man himself, no gray area whatsoever.
I'm glad at least a few other people here besides me can see the the reality of the situation.

I agree Falcon, all involved in this game are morons for battling it out the way that they are doing. but like you said, Weiland had the balls to just come out and say what he felt needed to be said. No other parties involved are willing to do that. Like I've said before, the game playing days is over. With just a few paragraphs, Weiland changed the entire landscape of this "game".

Mister ID, yeah I misinterpreted your 'dont say anything' comment. Sorry about that.

Axl cant use the drug thing either. He's been a druggie himself. He cant use the wife beater thing either. Axl is guilty of that as well.

I feel like a broken record when I say this, but the verbal attack game is over. Weiland took it to such a high level that no verbal attack by Axl will have any bite. Its time for action.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 11:27:33 PM »

Weiland's comments are about the loudest bitchslap the GNR world has had in years. ?

I'm glad at least a few other people here besides me can see the the reality of the situation.

I agree Falcon, all involved in this game are morons for battling it out the way that they are doing. but like you said, Weiland had the balls to just come out and say what he felt needed to be said. No other parties involved are willing to do that. Like I've said before, the game playing days is over. With just a few paragraphs, Weiland changed the entire landscape of this "game".

Mister ID, yeah I misinterpreted your 'dont say anything' comment. Sorry about that.

Axl cant use the drug thing either. He's been a druggie himself. He cant use the wife beater thing either. Axl is guilty of that as well.

I feel like a broken record when I say this, but the verbal attack game is over. Weiland took it to such a high level that no verbal attack by Axl will have any bite. Its time for action.

Axl could call him a Doody Head hihi

seriously though, I agree with you two, time for the redhead to step up to the plate peace

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 11:44:42 PM »

Axl did experiment with drugs but he was never a huge junkie like Scott Weiland.

As for the women hitting well those are rumours and he never pleaded guility or anything. Innocent before proven Guilty in a court of law.

Scott Weiland, lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, was arrested by Las Vegas police in November 2001 and charged with battering his wife. He pleaded guilty in December 2001 and was sentenced to probation and paid a fine.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/weilandmug1.html

So that is a fact that Scott Weiland beat his wife. It is not a fact beyond a reasonable doubt that Axl beat Erin or Stephanie.

So Axl can use the whole junkie thing on Scott and the whole he beat the shit out of his wife thing as well.
Axl was never convicted of so called women beating.

Anyone can make accusations about someone, thats what some people do. Are they true? Well only one way to find out is in a court of a law and the defendant is always innocent before proven guilty. Axl was never convicted or ever pleaded gulity to these baseless allegations. So yeah...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 11:51:56 PM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »

Axl did experiment with drugs but he was never a huge junkie like Scott Weiland.

As for the women hitting well those are rumours and he never pleaded guility or anything. Innocent before proven Guilty in a court of law.

Scott Weiland, lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, was arrested by Las Vegas police in November 2001 and charged with battering his wife. He pleaded guilty in December 2001 and was sentenced to probation and paid a fine.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/weilandmug1.html

So that is a fact that Scott Weiland beat his wife. It is not a fact beyond a reasonable doubt that Axl beat Erin or Stephanie.

So Axl can use the whole junkie thing on Scott and the whole he beat the shit out of his wife thing as well.
Axl was never convicted or charged.

ahh getting technical now huh? hihi gimme a freaking break. are you that star struck? Axl has said before that he made himself go through withdrawl. if you go through withdrawl then you have been addicted. Whether you're a frequent user or an addict addict what the diff? other than dependancy. If i get ripped out of my fucking tree and act like a fucking goof what the ifference between that and an alcoholic that gets ripped and acts like a fucking goof? nothing thats what Tongue we're both a couple fucking drunk goofs hihi

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »

The Scott beating supposedly wasnt very severe. Even when Mary left Scott, she said she mainly pressed charges because Scott was high and not because she was harmed. He pushed her onto the floor.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 11:56:24 PM »

The Scott beating supposedly wasnt very severe. Even when Mary left Scott, she said she mainly pressed charges because Scott was high and not because she was harmed. He pushed her onto the floor.

Prove it.

He has been charged, hes a wife beater. Thats the nice thing he can have attached to his name. Scotty "The Wife Beater" Weiland.

If not one wouldn't plead guility to a charge? If they weren't. Hes a guilty wife beater. It's not an insult when its a fact.

I have been very critical at times with Guns and Axl. So I do not appreciate a VR hater when really I ain't.

Fuck All Y'all
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 12:05:40 AM »

Your post became irrelevant at that point, so I wont even bother to quote or comment on the rest.

Its a known FACT that Axl has abused drugs and women in the past. He has admitted it, and so have ALL the people involved. Dont ask me to dig up the articles to "prove it". You know its true, and I see what you are doing. You are trying to change the subject by attacking Weiland instead of intelligently debating the facts of the statements, and the media involvement in them. Nice try, but you're on another dog that dont hunt.

Instead of trying to debate me with attacks on Weiland and acting like Axl is a saint, maybe you should just go to the Weiland thread and call him a few names.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

Whatever you guy's are chatting about I am not.  I am talking about big media, playing Aldous Huxley like, Orwellian mind-fuck games with headlines.  Read the headline, it is suggestive.  It should be called out.  Why?   Because subtle games like these suggest either extreme incompetence, or payola.  My bet is, whoever wrote this headline, was on the take.  Seen it before, studied this, and know what it is about.  Sanctuary should be on the phone to Viacom right now, if they have not been already.  Here is the headline:

Scott Weiland Hits Back At 'Unoriginal, Uncreative' Axl Rose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: