Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl in new york for good reason
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl in new york for good reason  (Read 15657 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 02:50:33 PM »

Honestly, I think us getting the album cover too soon would be a bad idea. Kinda like I think any more leaks would be a bad idea. *shrug*

Grin

I'm all for seeing the album art, if it's real.  I've waited since TSI for this!  It would confirm that this is actually happening and CD will finally see the light of day.  I'll probably pee my pants when I see it!!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
leo5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »

IF HE COMES THROUGH I WILL POST COVER.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked  him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06
Hum.. your last post turns the whole rumour less credible to me. Tongue

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked? him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06

How does it make it less credible?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »

Dammit, I just told you all in the silver case thread:

Axl is in NY to deliver the secret formula for Coke Blak to the production facilities.

Jeesh!

rofl

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked  him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06

that's fucking exciting dude,hope you don't make anything up. is there any way you could back it up?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked? him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06

Can you imagine the giant sigh of relief Universal/Geffen execs (and Merk, for that matter) once they have the final master ready for mass production?
I imagine they'll have themselves one serious celebration.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2006, 03:28:37 PM »

well, if you look up the dude's history, he has done some pretentious postings before, all of which never happened... Undecided

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 03:39:03 PM »

to me as well  especially the 5-06 bit....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 03:42:59 PM »

How does it make it less credible?
Like ppbebe said, the 5-06 bit. Also, one thing is know what Axl is doing in NY through some sources, other is to get the final album cover.

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »

Actually, getting an advance of the final cover is not that hard -- I'm not saying the poster above has it (or not).  But there are several advance steps that you have to go through to get the cover.  For instance, licensing/copyright (if protected art or a photograph), then color setting, layout, generating proofs, reviewing proofs/correcting, then final approval, an initial "final proof," and then production of the art to be insert in the CD case (can often occur at different printing facilities.)  So, the bottom line is that the cover art can be in production (and thus easily snipped and transmitted) for quite some time before the mastering is completed.  (That's also why book covers, like the Harry Potter stuff, often leak before the text leaks . . . .)

Therefore, it would not be a big surprise if the artwork got out there fairly quickly IF in fact we are in that final mastering phase . . . .
leo5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 04:11:01 PM »

veritas let just say my man you know what youre talking about.thanks dude.ill remember you.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:09 PM »

veritas let just say my man you know what youre talking about.thanks dude.ill remember you.

Ok Sebastian Bach. hihi

T_Roxie
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

Ok Sebastian Bach. hihi
rofl rofl rofl
Steel_Angel
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

IF HE COMES THROUGH I WILL POST COVER.
Huh Cry
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2006, 04:41:50 PM »

i have a very close friend on mine for years that works for elektra records.he said that axl is in new york mastering the record he said mixing is done just finishing the master.he said also that axl has been playing the final masters around n.y.c.i believe him because why would axl be spending so much time in new york.think about it.

The Chinese have never been great Elvis Presley impersonators, although they do provide much entertainment

hihi
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2006, 04:44:19 PM »

hey msteron, any news about the mastering process?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2006, 04:46:58 PM »

I'll need to phone a Pacific Ocean based, sponge-type sea creature to get the full low-down.

The hands free option has been such a breakthrough for this specific type of creature
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2006, 04:48:31 PM »

i have a very close friend on mine for years that works for elektra records.he said that axl is in new york mastering the record he said mixing is done just finishing the master.he said also that axl has been playing the final masters around n.y.c.i believe him because why would axl be spending so much time in new york.think about it.

The Chinese have never been great Elvis Presley impersonators, although they do provide much entertainment

hihi

leo5150, why is it being mastered @ Electra Records when GnR's label is Geffen....or did I miss something? Electra is a Record Label too...right? confused

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2006, 04:49:59 PM »

I'll need to phone a Pacific Ocean based, sponge-type sea creature to get the full low-down.

The hands free option has been such a breakthrough for this specific type of creature

Mysteron, are you ok?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: