Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl in new york for good reason
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl in new york for good reason  (Read 15666 times)
leo5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 09:07:03 AM »

remember axl has  been in new york since the beginning of febuary.i dont think hes staying in new york just to hang out.
godiva
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 09:10:12 AM »

Thanks for the info Jimbo. As a complete ignorant fool when it comes to these technical things, I didn't understand it all, but it sounds as if mastering shouldn't take very long. Am I correct? Unless of course, Axl is not happy with the outcome and decides to take it back to the studio  hihi
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 09:12:51 AM »

Well, it certainly gives creditbility to the idea that his silver briefcase holds the masters for the album in it!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »

remember axl has  been in new york since the beginning of febuary.i dont think hes staying in new york just to hang out.

no he`s not.....

he recently came back to NYC

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »

I dont think Elektra knows what GNR is doing

I don't think anyone said they did.

@#$%Funker
Instead of being a smart ass every time you reply to one my posts, read his again. He has a friend that works for Elektra records that knows what's going on with CD.

I wasn't being a smart ass. The guy seemed to be stating that his friend was privy to this information, not that he necessarily got it from Elektra.

Apologies for coming across that way.

@#$%Funker
badapple81
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »

Normally I'd say that visiting NY doesn't mean anything but it seems he has been going back a couple of times now.. so quite possibly on business (along with the pleasure - nightclub visits ?smoking ) ?ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »

Sounds very plausible to me. I dunno if the source is valid, but it's as good a guess as any.

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
artfromtex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:58 AM »

With him producing CD and it being his first, he would probably want to know how the master is sounding.

that was my thought. he's probably looking over George's shoulder. i can't see Axl letting any part of this process happen without his eyes on the knobs.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

If he's there mastering CD, that'd be awesome!

I'm sure he'll check out the RnR Hall of Fame ceremonies while he's there, as was mentioned

GNRevolution... the missing link.
GNFR1993
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 10:11:18 AM »

Surely contracts could have been signed at LA offices of Sanctuary?

Must be more than business?

You stole my heart, I should have known you're Crayzaa
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

Axl probably could master and mix it in LA but he was also rumoured to say that he was in NYC to get some quotes for Madagascar. If he's in NYC doing that it would make sense to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get it mixed and mastered whilst he's there. I do think he would be there to listen to CD get mastered, he's spent god knows how long working on this, I can't believe he would risk sending it to be mixed and mastered and not hear it and for CD to come out and then think 'that doesn't sound how I wanted it!' Besides I think the doing lots of work over the phone was for the UYI album. Hope it's true but we've heard the 'it's being mastered' quote too many times.  no   

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

Surely contracts could have been signed at LA offices of Sanctuary?

Must be more than business?

Merck is based in NYC, though, as is his "support".  And I'd have to think HE'D be very hands  on in the negotiations and contract details, etc.

And, if the situation is very "fluid", you want everyone sort of on the same page/in the same time zone/in the same geographic proximity, maybe, just to make sure it's easy to contact everyone and iron out details as quick as possible.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006, 02:00:08 PM »

First off, I have no idea why Axl is in NY.
But the following clues lead to a pretty good guess:

1.  New York is the mecca for digital (and analog) mastering.

2.   Any artist concerned (or obsessed) with quality control will sit in and/or be very involved with the mastering process.  Most people think the "sound" of the CD is based entirely on the mix.  This is wrong -- the quality of the mastering controls the final sound quality.  Therefore, top dollar artists go to top dollar mastering facilties, which are primarily in New York.

3.   A metal briefcase would be one way to transport mixes to be mastered.   Maybe one of the safer ways.

4.  Axl has been seen a lot in NY w/ the briefcase.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 02:12:30 PM »

If he's still here, maybe it's just because he's going to the RnR Hall of Fame Inductee thing tonight.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was kiling time at the RnR Hall of Fame while he conducts business during the day.

Metal suitcase. hmmm.....I hope it is what we think.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
godiva
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »

Wow, Veritas, good first post! Looking at your name, there must be some truth in your guess  hihi Well, let's all keep their fingers crossed, that Axl is in fact getting 'things' done while partying in NYC and we'll see CD soon enough  beer
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 02:19:46 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, Godiva.  I've been a lurker for a little while and the leaks have rekindled some interest.
I get annoyed by empty speculation as much as the next person, but, given the facts here, I think it is an educated guess -- rather than rampant speculation -- that Axl's seemingly frequent visits to NY recently are potentially related to mastering of the "album."  At a minimum, they are more likely related to that than getting copyright approval, which is rarely an "in-person" activity (and often done solely through attorneys).

(Oh, and the "veritas" has less to do with truth, sadly, and more to do with school .....)   Wink
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 02:23:01 PM by veritas55 » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 02:25:41 PM »

(Oh, and the "veritas" has less to do with truth, sadly, and more to do with school .....)? ?Wink

God I hated latin oh those so many years ago.  Four years of it.  It's a wonder I didn't run, screaming, from the classroom on a daily basis.

If you're stuck in Latin class....may the Gods grant you some huge karmic boon.  You deserve it!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
trojan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 02:35:31 PM »

well everything adds up, you never know but it is definitely possible
leo5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 02:37:45 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked  him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »

hello again.just got of the phone with my friend from elektra records.he told me that he has a very good source inside universal-geffen.but he told me that there very tight lipped about the guns n roses situation.he did tell me that axl is finishing everything up in new york.no more going to L.A.to finish.RECORDING IS DONE PEOPLE.also he told me he has seen final album cover.i asked? him to see if he can get pic of cover would love it.if i get it we will all see it.take care G.N.R 5-06

Honestly, I think us getting the album cover too soon would be a bad idea.  Kinda like I think any more leaks would be a bad idea. *shrug*

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: