Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are Europeans more open to a Slash-less GN'R?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Europeans more open to a Slash-less GN'R?  (Read 8685 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 07:20:48 AM »

With a new album released GNR has a better chance of establishing the new band. Until then most people only know the name and associate it with the classic lineup. The fact VR made it may help people realize who isnt in GNR. At least thats my take on this side of the pond anyway.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 07:22:10 AM »

The article about the Stockholm show in Sweden's biggest newspaper mentioned the fact that Axl is the only original member left and that Slash is now in Velvet Revolver. If people are expecting to see Slash at the show, then they haven't paid any attention to what's been going on....

/jarmo
well, it depends on the countries. In France, this is pure silence for the momment

They talked about it on Oui Fm and the tickets only go on sale next week ! Nothing weird about it so far !
All my friends that are not gnr fans are calling me ?as it's been 10 years I've been waiting for a show in Paris - I haven't told them so they had to have heard that somewhere Wink !

still. there is no real advertisment. billboards, posters ... nothing. iron maiden got them ads in the metro ... and the show is in november ... Sad

whay about this wierd logo download.uk and the french poster have ? all that is so wierd to me. fishy. fishy.

badapple81
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 07:23:29 AM »

That is certainly odd that there has been little promotion.. surely it's coming soon (yes I realise what I just said  hihi )
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »

The article about the Stockholm show in Sweden's biggest newspaper mentioned the fact that Axl is the only original member left and that Slash is now in Velvet Revolver. If people are expecting to see Slash at the show, then they haven't paid any attention to what's been going on....

/jarmo
Thats true.
Many 'fans' are still asking "is Slash still in" or saying "I'm going to that show to see Slash/Duff/Izzy" no And then they act like 'real fans' saying that Don't Cry is the best song ever and Slash is so sexy.. When you tell them that Axl is the only original member in the band, they are like "Ok, that sucks and Axl sucks too". Then they complain about it like they'd know everything.. it's kinda hilarious seeing that kind of people bashing Axl hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 07:28:43 AM »

I don't get the constant Mysteron jokes and bashing.
Constant?? Really? I dont see it. Sometimes me and a few others make a little joke, but it sure isnt constant.
I mean is it HIS fault that the 02 tour was cancelled and the CD not released?
Who ever said it was his fault?
Same with the Boston article.. I mean is it that bad to write in and stick up for your favourite band you have loved your entire life?
Its called an opinion. Not every person on the planet is gonna love these new songs, and I dont see the point of attacking some journalist that isnt obsessed with Chinese Democracy.
Oh I remember.. they haven't given us shit over the years.. why should we help out..
Gimme a break. Roll Eyes

badapple81
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 07:33:30 AM »

Constant?? Really? I dont see it. Sometimes me and a few others make a little joke, but it sure isnt constant.

Okay, very consistently then  Tongue

Its called an opinion. Not every person on the planet is gonna love these new songs, and I dont see the point of attacking some journalist that isnt obsessed with Chinese Democracy.

I agree that he/she shouldn't be attacked, but I was under the impression that peoples letters and emails (those with some intelligence and not just 'u are a wanker' etc) with their views and reactions to the article got published.. as they do here. And it would be cool for the public to see some positive reaction. But as I said.. maybe they are not published there.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2006, 08:07:29 AM »

in general people dont know anything about slash and axl, they thougth everybody was dead anyway.
im talking mainstream audience - but people who could have been gnr fans in the 90s -

Then they haven't read the newspapers in recent weeks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2006, 09:40:46 AM »

in general people dont know anything about slash and axl, they thougth everybody was dead anyway.
im talking mainstream audience - but people who could have been gnr fans in the 90s -

/jarmo
Jarmo, once again, there has been almost nothing about GNR in the newspapers in France for the last 10 years. GNR is not all over the media here. Believe us, we live in France, we know what happens in our country and in our media, and they don't talk about GNR. WHATEVER is right, and I think Will, Pandora, Rain and myself can confirm there have been a very few GNR talks in the press here for the last 10 years. It's not like in the UK, or netherlands, or sweden or Ireland.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:51:18 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

I think people that follow the gnr saga know axl is the only member, but the you have those fans that use to follow and just see gnr is playing so they bought tickets and might not know much more.... When I heard oh my god in the usa in 99 I had nop  clue who was in the band , I honestly thought the band might had made up.. I'm sure it is divided, some know axl is alone, some know about cd, some know gnr has been working on something for a really long time.. Either way after this current tour if axl plays all those shows everyone will know... I think the vr tour helped all around gnr fans know the facts better,.,.. VR did some good keeping the name out there for axl...

When I see big bands of my youth who I loved that I lost track of and they come into town I would got see them but pressuem the guys I remember were there.. I am sure there are many people that said cool gnfnr are playing I am there..
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 10:21:18 AM »

i think people is more open for new gnr... which, i think, is VERY good!

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 10:34:57 AM »

/jarmo
Jarmo, once again, there has been almost nothing about GNR in the newspapers in France for the last 10 years. GNR is not all over the media here. Believe us, we live in France, we know what happens in our country and in our media, and they don't talk about GNR. WHATEVER is right, and I think Will, Pandora, Rain and myself can confirm there have been a very few GNR talks in the press here for the last 10 years. It's not like in the UK, or netherlands, or sweden or Ireland.

Actually, Ireland and Britain are pretty much the same - very little mention. There have been no billboard advertisements up around Dublin for GnR, although it was advertised on the radio quite a bit.

El?m? on laiffia.
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »

In Germany people do know that Slash left and Axl is the only original member remaining. There were many articles when VR released their first album, even in "serious" magazines. I haven't noticed a lot about the latest events though. MTV mentioned just the Axl-Scott-thing in their teletext, nothing about leaks and concerts.
From what I've read so far on german fan sites/ message boards I noticed that many German fans are very happy with the current situation in GNR or even prefer one of the new guitar players to Slash. Personally, I like the new band, too, but still think that GNR will always be related to Slash, Duff, etc, no matter how successfull CD will be.

Don't knock on death's door! Ring the bell and run, death hates that....
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »

Most of the haters on this forum are americans.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2006, 11:49:16 AM »

/jarmo

Ok, I didn't know we were talking about the general French music listeners.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2006, 12:00:41 PM »

i`m planning on going to belgium with a friend of mine who never used to be that much into gnr....

i asked him to come with me and told him the bands that are playing (graspop, saturday) and he was like: " gnr?? i thought they broke up?!" i told him then about the recent gnr situation and he was still more then happy to see gnr and said that axl rose is enough......

i don`t know if europeans are more open to a slash-less gnr in general....(i`m speaking about germany by the way...), but all the people i showed the leaked tracks to (various people from 16 to 30 years old) were pleased with what he heard....  of course there are people who said that the new gnr record would be better with slash, but after those listened to the demos as wel,l all doubts vanished...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »

Man, everyone just hates us yanks! haha kidding.  That doesn't surprise me much though, we are a very jaded society.  Moreso then any other country I've ever been too.  Oh well, thats what makes us the US Wink   ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »

Man, everyone just hates us yanks! haha kidding.? That doesn't surprise me much though, we are a very jaded society.? Moreso then any other country I've ever been too.? Oh well, thats what makes us the US Wink? ?ok

it's a mear observation. A lot of people hate the french too. I guess that's what makes the US and the French so alike.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2006, 12:09:46 PM »

It struck me when considering GN'R concerts are currently selling out in Europe - are Europeans more open to the idea of a Guns without Slash etc..?

I know that hip hop is nowhere near as big as it is in the US (or even down under), so this could have a lot to do with it, as it seems a lot of bands that are kind of washed up in other parts of the world still seem to make reasonable careers in other markets.

But does anyone think that perhaps Europeans are a little more sympatheic to Axl? or perhaps some of the negative press from 02 (riots, botox, VMAs etc..) didnt quite filter through?

Any thoughts??

I doubt it, Slash is loved round the UK. Its probz cause he is from stoke on trent lol.

html sucks
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »

I don't think America would care too much about a Slash-less GNR if Axl just made an announcement about when Slash left, why he left specifically, who his replacement is, blah blah blah.  Couldn't hurt to do that.
For me personally Axl is the one really entertaining you though in terms of a visual performance.  Slash is amazingly talented, but replaceable in terms of playing - there are other sick guitarists out there, as evidenced by the current guys and BH and all the other axe men who tried out for GNR.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »

There are a ton of people that I know going up to Download that don't not give a shit about the other guys being there...But they don't really care either.

I'd say that they're just more interested in what GN'R is like these days.

It's more of an acceptance than an embrace, and I feel that anybody who does spout all the Slash bollocks usually tend to not be fans.

I played the leaks for 2 people I know that are huge metal fans, and they really digged it.

They'll both be up at Download, and they feel that Axl is definatly a big enough draw on his own to make it worth seeing.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: