Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are Europeans more open to a Slash-less GN'R?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Europeans more open to a Slash-less GN'R?  (Read 8697 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 05:42:57 AM »

I'm from Finland and everyone I've talked to knows that Axl is the only original member of the band. And I don't mean just the fans, but everyone else too.

yeah same here, most people knows that Slash is in VR these days, and that Axl is the only original member left in GNR.
they've even talked about it on the radio and on the tv because of the tour coming up and all.

so, based on the people I know, I'd say no, Europeans are not more open to a Slash-less GNR.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 06:06:11 AM »

The article about the Stockholm show in Sweden's biggest newspaper mentioned the fact that Axl is the only original member left and that Slash is now in Velvet Revolver. If people are expecting to see Slash at the show, then they haven't paid any attention to what's been going on....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 06:09:04 AM »

I think 99% of the people know about slash is not anymore on GNR.............
and gnr sold out...cause they wanna see axl...and their new songs
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 06:20:35 AM »

i don't know anyone that still thinks slash is in the band

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 06:24:01 AM »

The article about the Stockholm show in Sweden's biggest newspaper mentioned the fact that Axl is the only original member left and that Slash is now in Velvet Revolver. If people are expecting to see Slash at the show, then they haven't paid any attention to what's been going on....

/jarmo

cause nothing's going on.
there are huge billboard for thr iron maiden november show in paris
nothing on the june gnr show ...

in general people dont know anything about slash and axl, they thougth everybody was dead anyway.
im talking mainstream audience - but people who could have been gnr fans in the 90s -

rock and music fans, usually know about axl / slash / vr thing. but it's not adverstised.
you think they dont talk about axl a lot in the US.
worst in europe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 07:06:58 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 06:26:34 AM »

A little side note: They released more tickets to the GN'R show in Stockholm (I'm guessing this morning, as I got myself a better ticket than the one I got the day they went on sale), but they are now also gone. Pretty impressive. So I would say that people aren't too bothered by the fact that Slash isn't gonna be there.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 06:29:36 AM »

there's still zero promotion in France... Nothing in the streets, nothing on radio, TV, absolutely nothing...it's been like that for 10 years in France...the show is on june 25th...Hope the arena? won't be half-empty because of the huge lack of promotion... The Rock media sucks here, they hate Axl and morer generally they hate GNR and the american bands; They are just a bunch of retarded lefties who still talk about the clash or the stooges while we are in 2006, they live in the past and still think we are in 1968...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:41:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 06:32:56 AM »

It's not that they think Slash is still in the band. It's that most people think GnR split up and aren't around anymore. I'm talking about any non-GnR fans or people who liked them in their peak but don't really listen to them much anymore. If they know of this upcoming tour they probably think its a reunion or something. VR received very little mainstream media attention. Neither did GnR's tour of 2002 or their upcoming gigs. It was all ignored by the mainstream media. But only GnR fans would be buying tickets and they would know their was no Slash. Thing is, at the festivals, where people might be going to see other bands they might not know much about the current state of GnR, so who knows? Slash is as popular among GnR fans over here and most people would prefer he was there, and they would sell way more tickets with him in the band. Although the fact GnR have toured in so long, probably makes up for that, as far as ticket sales go.

This is Britain and Ireland i'm talking about though, I don't know about the rest of europe.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 06:36:50 AM »

there's still zero promotion in France... Nothing in the streets, nothing on radio, TV, absolutely nothing...it's been like that for 10 years in France...the show is on june 25th...Hope the arena? won't be half-empty because of the huge lack of promotion... The Rock media sucks here, they hate Axl and love Slash.
Are you serious?? Shocked Shocked That is not a good sign. At least some of the other shows are selling quite a few tickets.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 06:37:48 AM »

there's still zero promotion in France... Nothing in the streets, nothing on radio, TV, absolutely nothing...it's been like that for 10 years in France...the show is on june 25th...Hope the arena? won't be half-empty because of the huge lack of promotion... The Rock media sucks here, they hate Axl and love Slash.
Are you serious?? Shocked Shocked That is not a good sign. At least some of the other shows are selling quite a few tickets.
I'm very serious. There is still nothing here. You'll see it, bercy arena may be half empty, you know, the so unfamous "french exeption"? Roll Eyes
Hope Merck will make somme promotion here, we really need promotion for the band!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:41:01 AM by nesquick » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 06:44:32 AM »

/jarmo
well, it depends on the countries. In France, this is pure silence for the momment

cuikka
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 06:47:54 AM »

Here in Finland people know that Slash isn?t any more in the band. Couple of my friends are coming to see GNR in Helsinki and I told them them that Slash and duff  are no longer in the band. My friends said they know it, but they still want to hear the music from GNR.
SADIS
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006, 06:51:44 AM »

What I do think is that Slash is more populair with the mainstream audience than Axl. Most people think of Axl as a dick. I already heard some people say they won't listen to the new GnR cause Slash ain't there. I find that a bit hypocrite since they also didn't listen to VR and they do have Slash in the band.

What I do know for sure is that Axl and Slash are as popular as each other.....both are huge R n R icons....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 06:57:22 AM »

People attending shows/festivals knows Axl Rose is the only original left now peace
They come to see Axl and the new band.

It can seem they are more succesful and popular here, but also these festivals gets more attention than single us-shows (02 US-tour)
gonna be a fun summer beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 07:02:15 AM »

/jarmo
well, it depends on the countries. In France, this is pure silence for the momment

They talked about it on Oui Fm and the tickets only go on sale next week ! Nothing weird about it so far !
All my friends that are not gnr fans are calling me  as it's been 10 years I've been waiting for a show in Paris - I haven't told them so they had to have heard that somewhere Wink !

The force ... the force ...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 07:07:01 AM »

Here in Hungary a lot of fans don't even know if GN'R still exists, they think the band broke up long ago and Axl gave up music. Some isn't aware that Slash left the band... only a few know that Axl has this Nu-GN'R thing.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

I'm very serious. There is still nothing here. You'll see it, bercy arena may be half empty, you know, the so unfamous "french exeption"? Roll Eyes
Hope Merck will make somme promotion here, we really need promotion for the band!
You could have Mysteron organize a street team. rofl rofl

Seriously though, Merck needs to do something. That is a pretty big market there, and having a half empty arena is not in the best interest of the band. Axl needs all them European shows to sell out so he will be more marketable over here in the U.S. If Merck cant get it done, Axl needs to hire someone else that can get the job done.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »

are you kidding? Slash is as known as Axl, he has his own fanbase...

That's true. Even non-GN'R fans know who he is. As far as I know Slash is more popular here than Axl, although the GN'R name would make a huge crowd since people want to hear the old songs. After the VR concert a lot of guys were disappointed because they played only ISE and Brownstone. Guns N' Roses is some kind of a nostalgia act in Hungary.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 07:14:24 AM »

I think its about 50-50 of people that think hes still in the band...well people that think the band doesn't exist anymore.

However, I do know some people who think hes still in the band.

I remember when I got into GNR in Summer 04 finding out about the 'new' band was a bit of a shock.
badapple81
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 07:20:32 AM »

I don't get the constant Mysteron jokes and bashing.

I mean is it HIS fault that the 02 tour was cancelled and the CD not released? This is a fan of the band trying to get the fans involved and help out. He thought he could do his bit to help his favourite (I'm assuming) band. If Merck asked him to help out.. hey it's not even Merck's fault.. if Merck was told it was all set to go and then it was cancelled there isn't much he can do about that either. There is only one man who can decide that.

Same with the Boston article.. I mean is it that bad to write in and stick up for your favourite band you have loved your entire life? I guess he and management just thought that there would be a bunch of fans here who thought the demos rocked and would like to write in to say something about it.

Oh I remember.. they haven't given us shit over the years.. why should we help out..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: