Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SNL Guns N' Roses Joke
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SNL Guns N' Roses Joke  (Read 3534 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« on: March 12, 2006, 12:38:37 AM »

So tonight on SNL apparently Horatio Sanz was doing a commentary on Dubai and how President Bush changed his opinion more then members of Guns N' Roses.

- Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:41:33 AM »

the pop culture joke continues.....

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 12:45:27 AM »

Conan and now SNL, notice the NBC UNIVERSAL GEFFEN connection?  I think they're trying to get Guns N' Roses out to the non die-hards and make them noticeable again.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:48:09 AM »

Axl king of rock!!  peace

Live N' Let Die
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:50:40 AM »

With all this publicity, GnR would be STUPID to not release the album soon, because I don't see the hype/publicity getting as big as it is now if everything cools down for a year...
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »

Yeah they are getting alot of publicity.

I just don't appreciate what Scott Weiland said about Axl. That pretty low shit to say. I mean that has turned me off Velvet Revolver now. So fuck that band I ain't buying their shit.

What I think sucks though is here you got Izzy Stradlin who was cozy with Scott Weiland yet he grew up with Axl. To me if I was Axl I'd take that shit very personal. I hope someone sticks up for him and saying like yo Axl did alot for Guns, Scott you crazy wife beating druggy. Yes kids thats true he was charged with Wife beating. http://www.thesmokinggun.com

Fuck All Y'all
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 01:03:23 AM »

I just don't appreciate what Scott Weiland said about Axl. That pretty low shit to say. I mean that has turned me off Velvet Revolver now. So fuck that band I ain't buying their shit.

What I think sucks though is here you got Izzy Stradlin who was cozy with Scott Weiland yet he grew up with Axl. To me if I was Axl I'd take that shit very personal. I hope someone sticks up for him and saying like yo Axl did alot for Guns, Scott you crazy wife beating druggy. Yes kids thats true he was charged with Wife beating. http://www.thesmokinggun.com

Hmm? How is Izzy cozy with Weiland? I've never got that impression...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 01:24:10 AM »

HAHAHA!! Thats great. Calm down people. It was a joke.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 01:58:59 AM »

Oh, the irony.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 02:27:47 AM »

I still don't get why everyone gets so pissed off.  What the hell does everyone expect for everyone to bow down to Axl and say that he's done nothing wrong in taking 13 years to release a new album?  Roll Eyes

We argue too much here.
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 02:59:11 AM »

Yes kids thats true he was charged with Wife beating. http://www.thesmokinggun.com

At least Scotts was drug induced. Axl's was because of his insane brain & his rage, he beat up both Erin & Steph, & raped Erin. Far worse than what scott did, nto saying scotts right but its funny that someone from the Axl fan club wants to criticize someone else for a crime Axl also commited
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 03:38:33 AM »

Conan and now SNL, notice the NBC UNIVERSAL GEFFEN connection?? I think they're trying to get Guns N' Roses out to the non die-hards and make them noticeable again.

You people are fucking insane with your conspiracy theories.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 05:51:56 AM »

Conan and now SNL, notice the NBC UNIVERSAL GEFFEN connection?? I think they're trying to get Guns N' Roses out to the non die-hards and make them noticeable again.

You people are fucking insane with your conspiracy theories.

you didn't know they told to Horatio to mention that about how many band members gnr has went through??  SNL stinks now barely anyone watches it, that was the plan take their lowest rated show that starts 11:30 pm and get the world ready for new gnr rofl
SADIS
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 05:57:19 AM »

What a cry baby. Told your mom yet? Get over it. In grown up world people say mean things. Get used to it.

And don't you think Axl can speak up for himself?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »

last nights episode was a repeat actually.

then again , maybe it wasnt , sorry.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:15:51 AM by Saul » Logged

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »

... any publicity is good publicity.
Z
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 11:34:10 AM »

It was a new one.

Jimmer, you took the joke out of context a little........it was:

Bush changes his opinion more than Guns 'N' Roses changes members.

It gets more people thinking about GNR.  Most of the fans of old don't even know that Axl has a new version and has been making music.
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »

It gets more people thinking about GNR.  Most of the fans of old don't even know that Axl has a new version and has been making music.

It actually got a pretty big laugh, which surprsied me and got me thinking; does the audience really get the joke? It was basically the kind of joke where any band could be put in it instead and the audience would have reacted I think. But still good to hear that the SNL cast/writers are up on it enough to add it
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 12:30:01 PM »

Yes kids thats true he was charged with Wife beating. http://www.thesmokinggun.com

At least Scotts was drug induced. Axl's was because of his insane brain & his rage, he beat up both Erin & Steph, & raped Erin. Far worse than what scott did, nto saying scotts right but its funny that someone from the Axl fan club wants to criticize someone else for a crime Axl also commited

And how do you know they're telling the truth? Axl was never convicted of anything.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

Dave, calm down, I'm not doing the conspiracy theory thing, I just wanted to point that out.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: