Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IMPORTANT COMMENT TO BAND/MANAGEMENT/LIGHTING CREW/STAGE MANAGERS
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: IMPORTANT COMMENT TO BAND/MANAGEMENT/LIGHTING CREW/STAGE MANAGERS  (Read 2297 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: March 11, 2006, 07:06:46 PM »

Hi everyone.

Ok, first, thank you for this tour.

Secondly, i would like you to consider what i am about to say very seriously :

I am photosensitive, it's a bit like epilepsy, i tend to convulse when there are strobes for instance ?

I will not betray my friendships on the net, but other people are like myself in the fan community, that being because of epilepsy itself or treatments for depression and the likes.

Could you please think about us when you will plan your lighting ?

No strobes and overflashing big lights, please ?

thank you in advance.

Jessie

Nothing to say
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »

What drugs are you on=? Grin
misfitx77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:13:37 PM »

Are you kidding me?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 07:13:55 PM »

thanx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »

It's a rock concert. Light are usually a big part of a rock concert (unless you're the Mark Lanegan Band ?Grin ).... ?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »

Are you kidding me?

no kidding, i do have convulsions since the age of 10 and i have fits in public places if they have strobes, like i had one in a club once which is why i rarely go out and am careful and one of the reasons i stopped acting, ok, now i am naked can i have a fucking answer, because i have a baby son and will not go to a concert if that means his mum in hospital after a fit, right ? rant

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:19:55 PM »

used to take depakin Embarrassed

Nothing to say
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »

Alright guys it's a serious question.

Is this affected by distance? If you were, say, at the back of the arena and not down front, would you be better off?

Being a rock show, there's going to be lights. The reality is, the band can't change the entire setup for a few people. But, some viewpoints are better than others perhaps?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 07:49:44 PM »

Alright guys it's a serious question.

Is this affected by distance? If you were, say, at the back of the arena and not down front, would you be better off?

Being a rock show, there's going to be lights. The reality is, the band can't change the entire setup for a few people. But, some viewpoints are better than others perhaps?

Inverse square law. The intensity of light diminishes as a function of 1/distance squared.  However on the scale of an arena, probably not much effect

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
gunner mad
Headliner

Hell was full ..so i came BACK

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 07:56:46 PM »

i'm the same i suffer with epilepsy too and i'm going to Dublin with what i always do in a situation like this, i take plenty of clobazam and stella drool oh and dark glasses works a treat ?ok
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 07:58:41 PM »

wtf?Huhrofl
it's much better if u collapse during a gig... more space for ppl!  ok

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »

wtf?Huhrofl
it's much better if u collapse during a gig... more space for ppl!  ok

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

da sata
da sata
da sata is on fire!!!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 08:08:08 PM »

i don't remember too many flashing strobe like lights.

Live and let die and PC. Not 100% sure though Undecided

what if you close your eyes and just listen to the music during those tune? or does light filtered through your eyelids still affect you?

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 08:14:55 PM »

Well, I'm sorry you have this problem but do you really think this is so important for the band, the management, the lighting crew and the stage managers?

It's obviously something that should keep YOU away from these gigs, not destroy the experience for the other 15.000...

I hope you'll understand that I'm not saying this in a bad way, but it's like some person with heart problems telling them not to play their guitars too loud and asking from Axl not to sing too loud cause he/she wants to attend the show...

AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »

What an idiot.

...ATTENTION BAND, MANAGMENT, LIGHTING CREW, ?AND STAGE MANAGERS.... BRING ON THE STROBES! BRING ON THE FLASHING LIGHTS! The more the better!
BRING ON THE PYRO TOO!!

Hey Jessica!...STROBE THIS!!
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 08:17:17 PM »

wtf?Huh?? rofl
it's much better if u collapse during a gig... more space for ppl!? ok

LOL....well said.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 08:19:10 PM »

What an idiot.

...ATTENTION BAND, MANAGMENT, LIGHTING CREW,  AND STAGE MANAGERS.... BRING ON THE STROBES! BRING ON THE FLASHING LIGHTS! The more the better!
BRING ON THE PYRO TOO!!

Great post... You do understand that this won't help you stay here for too long...  Roll Eyes

Steel_Angel
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 08:26:51 PM »

What an idiot.

...ATTENTION BAND, MANAGMENT, LIGHTING CREW, ?AND STAGE MANAGERS.... BRING ON THE STROBES! BRING ON THE FLASHING LIGHTS! The more the better!
BRING ON THE PYRO TOO!!

thats dick.. besides i dont think the BAND/MANAGEMENT/LIGHTING CREW/STAGE MANAGERS would do anything..
Bono
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 08:29:59 PM »

Hi everyone.

Ok, first, thank you for this tour.

Secondly, i would like you to consider what i am about to say very seriously :

I am photosensitive, it's a bit like epilepsy, i tend to convulse when there are strobes for instance ?

I will not betray my friendships on the net, but other people are like myself in the fan community, that being because of epilepsy itself or treatments for depression and the likes.

Could you please think about us when you will plan your lighting ?

No strobes and overflashing big lights, please ?

thank you in advance.

Jessie

That's a tough spot Jessica. I see where you're coming from. When I started djing almost ten years ago I started by doing highschool dances. It's pretty limited to what you can play at a high school dance so really what seperated me from the other dj's was that I had a deadly light show. There was one time when I was asked by the teachers if I could hold off on the flashing lights because a girl attending the dance had the same condition you have. It put me in a tough spot because for me the lights were a big part of my show. I wanted to use the lights to make a big impression but I also wanted the girl in question to be able to enjoy herself in a safe manner. We came up with a compromise. She would make sure to take breaks from the gym every 10-15 minutes and she'd let me know when she left so I could blast out the lights. She'd then have a teacher come back in and let me know she was coming back. It worked alright but unfortunately for you the band wouldn't accomodate you in such a way. In fact asking the band to take this into consideration is asking alot. I'm sure they want you to be able to enjoy what everyone else enjoys but by asking them to back off on the light show it really limits the overall appeal of the show. Like I said it's a tough spot for everyone involved. I'm not versed in this condition the way you obviously are but would wearing sunglasses at the show help in any way? that might sound silly but I'm curious.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »

Dear management, I have a medical condition that damages my ears when I hear very loud noises. Please turn down the volume a bit at the upcoming GNR shows, okay? Also, I get cranky if I don`t get enough sleep, so can you make sure the show ends by 10:30pm so I have time to get home and in bed before 12? Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: