Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER To Enter Studio Next Month
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER To Enter Studio Next Month  (Read 4467 times)
makane
Legend

« on: March 11, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER To Enter Studio Next Month - Mar. 10, 2006    

VELVET REVOLVER are scheduled to enter the studio on April 10 to begin recording their sophomore album, the group's bassist, Duff McKagan, revealed during an interview earlier today (March 10). While singer Scott Weiland has said he wants to make a concept album for VELVET REVOLVER's second release, McKagan was hesitant to confirm it, according to MTV.com. "I think a lot's been said, but when it comes down to it we have to make the best record all of us collectively, and separately, ever made," he said. "Now we know who each other are and who we are as a band. The first record was really just us coming together and being straight in the studio, but now it's gonna be deeper and bigger and all that. Concept record? I don't know, but it's gonna be killer."

VELVET REVOLVER's debut CD, "Contraband", has sold appxoximately 1.85 million copies in the United States since its June 2004 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49421

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 12:57:29 PM »

sounds good to me, and I hope they do make the best record they can..
bucketheadfan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »

I need nex cd VR  Grin
thanks fot the info
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 02:58:02 PM »

I hope this will be more of a Slash record, not a Weiland one.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »

Yeah Slash needs more of an influence on the new record. He only really excelled on Slither, everything else was pretty mediocre and his guitar wasn't even plugged in on most of the songs.
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 08:40:37 PM »

Finally!!!!

I hope they don?t ruin it this time... nervous

GET ANOTHER FUCKING PRODUCER!!!
SPEND MORE THAN 5 MIN WRITING EACH SONG!
AND BRING BACK THE GUITAR NOODLING!!

PD: Remember how Slash talked about Dave?s unique use of pedals, effects or something? What the fuck happened with that? I thought he was going to be playing some weird, awesome shit in the background, but there was nothing of the sort on Contraband  Huh

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 04:50:38 AM »

Top stuff! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 09:37:49 AM »

I'll believe it when I see it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 04:54:01 PM »

I wish they'd work with Rick Rubin.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 07:38:28 PM »

PD: Remember how Slash talked about Dave?s unique use of pedals, effects or something? What the fuck happened with that? I thought he was going to be playing some weird, awesome shit in the background, but there was nothing of the sort on Contraband? Huh

I can hear Dave and his pedals all over Contraband.....

ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 11:18:26 PM »

PD: Remember how Slash talked about Dave?s unique use of pedals, effects or something? What the fuck happened with that? I thought he was going to be playing some weird, awesome shit in the background, but there was nothing of the sort on Contraband  Huh

I can hear Dave and his pedals all over Contraband.....

Well, yeah, you?re right...It?s just that I was expecting something else. I mean, Slash made him sound like an out-there player in the interview I?d read, so I wanted to hear some crazy, interesting stuff interwoven with Slash?s classic tone. Dave?s pretty run of the mill, he does nothing with his pedals that makes me go : Wow, how did he get that sound! or something. He?s not bad, but a little indistinguishable.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 11:23:06 PM »

i do not doubt VR's ability to make one hell of a record. people have to realize something. VR is a band that barrly knew each other when they made the first album. of course its not going to be the best work out of VR but its still better then anything thats come out in a while. as they say, they are realy close now and there are no issues with in the band. now that they have had time and are like brothers now i dont think we will see another contraband. i think there next album will compeat with GnR's new upcomeing release CD. of course who doesnt now how good thats suppose to be..... not. who knows what to expect from GNR.... ? ? any way the next VR album will rock the fucking world.

SADIS
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 05:01:04 AM »

I wish they'd work with Rick Rubin.

Me too. That would be amazing. Don't think they will though...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 05:52:28 AM »

the next VR album will rock the fucking world.

\m/      beer     \m/

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 06:16:01 AM »

i do not doubt VR's ability to make one hell of a record. people have to realize something. VR is a band that barrly knew each other when they made the first album. of course its not going to be the best work out of VR but its still better then anything thats come out in a while. as they say, they are realy close now and there are no issues with in the band. now that they have had time and are like brothers now i dont think we will see another contraband. i think there next album will compeat with GnR's new upcomeing release CD. of course who doesnt now how good thats suppose to be..... not. who knows what to expect from GNR.... ? ? any way the next VR album will rock the fucking world.

How do you figure that?
Slash, Duff & Matt were in another band together previously that you might've heard of - Guns N' Roses ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 06:44:58 AM »

I guess he meant working with Dave and Scott which is kinda true I guess.. Scott was recruited without any of them working with him before (correct me if I'm wrong there).. so I guess it was kinda like "hey I'm Scott let's get to work". Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that's what he meant  peace
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 08:48:03 AM »

exactly. scott is the singer and dave is rythem. its hard to just toss them in a group for a few months and go make a album thats as good as AFD. or illusion. it cant realy be done. they have had time to work on material now and its going to be way better.

Eric
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »

How do you figure that?
Slash, Duff & Matt were in another band together previously that you might've heard of - Guns N' Roses ok
I know Scott was only allowed out for 3 or 4 hours a day to work on the album-I think after touring together, they might feel like more of a band (with Scott
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 09:51:06 AM »

Im more interested in listening new Vr's album than any other albums...
anythingoes
Headliner

fucker

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »

Im only hope that slash makes his killer guitar melodies this time!!!

I used to love her but I have.....TEQUILA!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: